Gorillaz: Plastic Beach (1 Viewer)

Dream-Theater

HSC
Just though to let you guys know.

As reported on Nme.com, musician Eddy Grant has stated he is going to consult lawyers after he claimed there are similarities between his song "Time Warp" and one of the latest tracks on Gorillaz' recent album Plastic Beach.
Grant said the keyboard section on his 1983 track is the same from "Stylo" which was recently released by Damon Albarn's group as a single. The musician continued on about the matter, stating that even the creators were aware of the similarities.
"Damon Albarn knows in his heart of hearts that this is a song that he's loved, in his club days," said Grant. "I don't know the guy, but he knows this is a song he loves."
Grant revealed he didn't know Albarn was behind Gorillaz until just recently and is upset that EMI, who handles both artists, did not contact him leading up to the release of "Stylo".
"It has to go back to the beginning, where it should have started with a phone call from Damon to my publisher," he said. "My publisher would have contacted me – the publisher being of course the same EMI that looks after his music."
When EMI was questioned about the matter, a spokesperson only issued the following statement.
"This is a private matter between Eddy Grant and Gorillaz, and we're not intending to make any further comment."

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Not too hard to be better than Demon Days. I've been listening to Stylo and Superfast Jellyfish nonstop past few days, rest of the album is pretty damn good but those two are amazing.

homosapien

HSC
Better than demon days; yes, but not as good as their first album. If I had to rate it it's about an 8/10

postnatal

Banned
HSC
N/A
Lou Reed collab and Bruce Willis appearance=double win

fuck Bruce is so cool in Stylo music video

SSRabbitohs2009

28:06:42:12
HSC
I saw the video clip for 'Stylo' the other day, I was a little confuzzled by it.
But, how freaky is the driver?! He looks a lot scarier with the new animation...

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
Great album. Stylo is excellent driving music too, esp considering the film clip.

CecilyMare

HSC
haven't properly listened to it, but i liked some anonymous tracks that i recognised were from that album when my ipod was on shuffle!

but then i heard a bunch of rap on the radio and decided this band just changed. was it rap? I didn't know they did rap.

postnatal

Banned
HSC
N/A
umm Gorillaz is a collab project. the only permanent member is Damon Albarn.

SSRabbitohs2009

28:06:42:12
HSC
Hokay, here's a question for you:
You know that little cartoon character that dances around in the 'Dare' video clip? Is that a boy or girl?
I say girl, but people disagree.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
whhaaaaaaattt mos def, lou reed, snoooooop and bobby womack??

getting it now

first albums pretty solid never really gave demon days a fair go tho

towny

HSC
N/A
shit i still havent been able to cop this, along with the new flying lotus, and it´s killing me

only heard the track with hypnotic brass ensemble and it was abzolootly keeelling it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)