Got told I can't get my ATAR - Advice? (1 Viewer)

Lissom

HSC
So basically today I was told that I would be unable to get my ATAR because the TVET course I am doing does not contribute to the ATAR. I am now only doing 8 units which contribute to the ATAR and 3 units which don't contribute to the ATAR.

(I was told that it did go to my ATAR by TAFE and have been told this since mid-last year, now I've found out it doesn't and it was a mistake on TAFE's part according to my school + BOSTES. I feel like I have to be one of the only people in NSW who has been this fucked over..)

I honestly have no idea what I'm meant to do now like... I'm pretty speechless - I've been working hard to assure that I got a decent ATAR and now I've been told by BOSTES that there is no possible way for me to obtain my ATAR this year. I've been planning to go to university next year and hopefully do an Arts/Music course or a Communications course but now I seriously have no idea what I can do..
I wanted to go straight to university from high school as I fear that once I'm out of school I won't want to go back and I really want to make sure that I have a future/degree/can get a job that I will enjoy (sounds dumb but I'm stressing over this)

p.s. I do know there are options, but just not sure of them - i'm still trying to wrap my head around all of this & want some assurance really lol so if anyone knows what I should do that would be great ^-^'' thanks.. :)
- or if anyone has been in a similar situation??

saffa

HSC
OMG...im so sorry to hear...but im sure if you stay focused you can go tafe or college afterwards or i think just wait till you get your certificate for completing year 12 because if you cant get an atar their really is no point in doing the HSC exam. My cousin dropped out in year 10 and by the time her friends from school were in year 12 she had completed a year of her course. so don't stress their are other ways. you dont need a stupid mark to get you into UNI it might take you longer than the rest i think roughly six months... but stay focused and you can get into UNI afterwards in no time. this might not be much help but i wanted to let you know not to lose hope. =)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Look into doing STAT later for transferring purposes?

wenq

HSC
That's terrible :( I'm surprised the school didn't inform you way, way earlier - incredibly irresponsible on their part.

But, there are definitely options.
1. Enrol in TAFE/similar institutes. From there, transferring into university shouldn't be difficult. I did a quick google search and got this: http://oten.tafensw.edu.au/courses-and-careers/uni-via-tafe-oten/ I can't verify how honest they are, but from personal experience, uni from TAFE is not uncommon. Plus, many cert courses share lots of similarities (in terms of course content) with uni degrees, though generally less theoretically based and more practical.
2. Retake the HSC. Looking around, it's generally not recommended. ~

Definitely talk with your school though! They should be much better informed, and be able to give you more detailed (and more accurate info). Not going straight to uni after high school is completely okay. Plus universities want more enrollments, so don't stress, it'll definitely be available for you :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)