Government can now see your bank details(whoever is on Centrelink) (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
zimmerman8k said:
How could you possibly tell what the money is being used for? Especially since you can go to woolworths, buy a can of coke, and then get $300 cash out.
True. You could have them wear a helmet with webcam, and a microphone then put the footage online for profit

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
Malfoy said:
There's a presumption of guilty until proven innocent in there. I don't think all of the thousands of law-abiding welfare recipients should be subjected to this (I'm not a fan of welfare but seriously, that's the system being fucked not most of the recipients.) As I said before, that would be like giving the government unlimited access to search your house without a warrant, regardless of whether you've done anything wrong or not.

There should be a) a warrant or b) all current/future recipients should have to consent to monitoring (it cannot be retrospective) with current recipients having the option not to consent (as it wasn't a condition/choice when they signed up to welfare).
what? where?

The police are able to search who ever the fuck they like if they have suspicion (on reasonable grounds) of criminal activity.

Centrelink will receive the balance...of 41,500 suspected welfare cheats who provided government agencies with conflicting information.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
yeah, they'll know all about my buttplug purchases.

oh and how do i report revenue from ebay sales?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
CharlieB said:
what? where?

The police are able to search who ever the fuck they like if they have suspicion (on reasonable grounds) of criminal activity.
Actually, no, the police don't have that right. They need to go through the courts to get a warrant first. They can't just come into your house because they suspect you've got drugs inside.

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
The police can, in certain circumstances, search a property without a search warrant. Read up on your legal aid son, cbf finding links.

Interestingly, the ATO also has unrestricted right of access to all buildings, places, books, documents and papers (without a search warrant)

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
I don't like this one bit.

What the fuck is Rudd thinking?

boris

Banned
HSC
this doesnt affect me so i dont care

kill me now though, it was friggin expensive going out the other night

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Malfoy said:
Good point, there's Citibank and BankWest, like have been said in this thread. Plus St George weren't listed.
Westpac takeover (or merger) means st george is on it's way.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Brilliant idea. Obviously the next step is to let the government see everyones bank details to prevent the other types of fraud out there?

boris

Banned
HSC
i thought tho, that the taxation office already had permission to see peoples bank accounts..
or is that only during an audit?

boris

Banned
HSC
im with a local credit union, but i was considering changing it....

boris

Banned
HSC
okay so if they dont have brances can u just apply for an account over the internets?

fuckit, ill google them

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Schroedinger said:
And bank of SA and HSBC and every other goddamn bank in australia and credit unions and everything.

If you have a bank account with the big four you're a moron.

Just putting it out there.
I had a dollarmites account as a youngun and now I'm locked in.

boris

Banned
HSC
i had a dollarmites account when i was younger too, then i got sick of their bullshit 1% interest or whatever and was like fuck you CBA :(

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
withoutaface said:
I had a dollarmites account as a youngun and now I'm locked in.
Haha I remember these! I don't have enough money for interest to be an issue.

On topic: I don't care.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
BankWest is amazing. Have a look guys. Mon-Sunday banking, free unlimited withdrawals at almost all 7/11 ATMs and CommBank ATMs, awesome interest rates, plus no fees for students. Oh and you even get a Debit Card for free :)

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
stazi said:
I would be far less willing to go to uni without government assistance. If I did uni without centrelink , then I wouldn't get as good a job as I wouldn't have had any time to study, get work experience and do extracurricular activities. Given how difficult it is to find a job in marketing, even getting that foot in the door would be nearly impossible. This would mean I'd be unemployed for a while, and would be likely to require centrelink assistance at that point.
Thats a pretty bold statement man (no pun intended), though I understand what you were trying to get across.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I'm with Commonwealth for my booze money account, and a local credit union for my long-term savings account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)