GOVT1406 - International Business and Politics (1 Viewer)

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
1Time4thePpl said:
ahhaha how bad was this in the textbook:
"country after country and eventually the Soviet Union itself, Comunist governments collapsed like the shells of rotten eggs"
...leave the similies and metaphors to English professors, not Political Science dicks :p
haha thats fucking retarded.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
this is fucked up. im getting so pissed off with the text. just summarising the first chapter. fucking dickheads wrote it
'journalists have seen many examples where jobs are lost to countries in which companies can pay employees <50c/hr. however it is obvious benefits outweigh the problems. the nation will be more better off as a whole.'
Fucking retarded bullshit fuckers. they even use the theory of comparative advantage, which is completely dead and obsolete because it was constructed when capital could not be moved. i hate right wingers.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
ummm this is getting kind of ridiculous. stupid.
Apparently, according to mcgraw-hill, there is a race to the bottom as companies go overseas to avoid environmental and labour policy regulations. (this is fair enough). However their argument against this is that with economic development, regulation goes hand in hand. Fucking retards. ... so if countries get richer they have more laws (doesn't this mean that then those firms go elsewhere, in a cycle. and still the developing 3rd world countries are in no position to argue with Multinational corps as their GDPs will always be tiny.)

EDIT: hahhahahah "the critics have got it backward. free trade actually leads to less polution and exploitation"

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
this is a dumb subject. lets just remember, u only need 50% for a pass ...

stazi

Nightman
HSC
absolution* said:
So seriously... how sexy is stas??! Like omg.
awww shucks. ure way sexier :eek:
oh and that sarah chick lost all her appeal. i tried hard not to laugh.

"Hey guys. You may not have heard of this. There's this event on politics. Of the church. It's by EU. you should all come!"

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
1Time4thePpl said:
awww shucks. ure way sexier :eek:
oh and that sarah chick lost all her appeal. i tried hard not to laugh.

"Hey guys. You may not have heard of this. There's this event on politics. Of the church. It's by EU. you should all come!"
sex her stas! steal her virginity from jesus!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
How's everyone doing with their essay? For some reason I'm not going that well. About 1/4 done and it just doesn't feel like a good essay.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
This essay is mega gay. Stas, what books are you using? pm/msn asap kthx.

We can help each other. :)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
absolution* said:
This essay is mega gay. Stas, what books are you using? pm/msn asap kthx.

We can help each other. :)
i can't be fucked pm/msning
I'm using ecop1001 books. They're the oarsomest. ECOP blue one is a book. Reading ECOP one is an edited one.
I've already written my conclusion without 1/2 the body, as i know where I'm trying to go with it. I'm also trying not to write like in ecop (i.e. really lefty).
Haven't done any brazil research yet so im hoping my conclusion holds. I really hope the IMF fucked up brazil.

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
1Time4thePpl said:
Haven't done any brazil research yet
How about this for a paragraph starter:

Boasting a population of 150 million, and a world cup winning soccer team who's weekly earning are larger than this, Brazils economy is fucked. More renown for its hot beach volleyball chicks rather than its trade position, the Brazilian economy is controlled by its underworld drug syndicate. It seems apparent that the 80 Billion bailout package provided by the IMF was actually payment for 'goods'.....

wonder if theres a mark somewhere around there...

stazi

Nightman
HSC
gayest assessment ever. and we have another essay due in 2 weeks. oh well, its finished. due to mktg mid-sems couldn't put much effort in it. If i get over 75% I'd laugh. I really would. My essay doesn't answer the question at all, it doesn't talk about Brazil specifically. I just changed general IMF talk and inserted the country's name here and there.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
I talked about Brazil specifically a fuckload since it said so in the question you dipshit stas.

<3

What im confused about, in a similar vein, is whether we actually acknowledge nike and the sweatshops in this "case study" even though it doesnt make any reference to nike and sweatshops in the actual question. I would also like to point out that the grammar and sentence structure of the noted question is fucking horrible.

Fucking douchebag darryl strikes again.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
oh i mean i mentioned brazil a million times, but most of the info wasnt necessarily exclusive to brazil

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
stazi said:
oh i mean i mentioned brazil a million times, but most of the info wasnt necessarily exclusive to brazil
mine was :eek:

we shall see who will be teh winner.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
ull win this one.
i havent looked at the assessment yet.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I thought we were only getting them back this coming week.
Has anyone noticed how much the question doesn't make any sense for the new essay.

Multinational enterprise has long been the target of local protest groups concerned that their presence rather contributes to long term economic development in fact hinders it.

It'd be great if the people who make up essays learn to speak English.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
i changed it to:

Multinational enterprise has long been the target of local protest groups concerned that their presence, in fact, hinders economic development as opposed to contributing to it.

Much better.

Im almost done. This essay fucking 0wnz0rz.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)