Grades (1 Viewer)

thumper123

HSC
Hi,

I'm doing year 11 and 12 through OTEN TAFE NSW. Loving it, but unfortunately I work so my hours to study aren't fantastic.

Anyway, I've received my first lot of assessments for Standard English, Legal, Modern, Business, Economics and fundamentals of English and all the marks are between 80% - 84% in all subjects.

I got my second results back for legal and got a 81% on that too.

Is this OK? I feel thats 20% of work I'm missing on my assessments.

Does anyone know how these will be graded? As in an A B C D ect? I know its a combination of all assessments throughout the year but I'm curious on so far if I keep this pace or above will this be good marks or average?

Because I got given a Distinction on my English at 80% out of PASS, CREDIT or DISTINCTION and I felt 80% was too low.

Anyone else understand the OTEN TAFE NSW grading?

Flop21

HSC
You're sitting the HSC right? So that means you'll get a HSC from the BOS. So I'm assuming you are graded like everyone else. 50% of your internals, 50% of your externals, make up your HSC mark for each subject - which determine what band you get (i.e. band 4, 5, or 6).

So that just means its like every other student, thus you'll find tonnes of threads on here how HSC marks are calculated (aligning and all that jazz).

80% sounds alright to me. At my old school 85%+ meant an "A". But that's just the school report and never really meant much to me.

I would try and aim for around 90%, just because you can probably reach it if you try.

thumper123

HSC
I'm doing year 11 currently.

I just read that the marks still go to BOS just like year 10. Was't sure if its correct and how its done.

Last edited:

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
At the end of the Year 11 course, just as at the end of the Year 10 course, schools send through a grade - A, B, C, D or E for each student in each subject for the ROSA (Record of School Achievement).

In Year 12 marks are sent to BOSTES which are then moderated, and averaged with the aligned exam marks to give the final HSC mark.

thumper123

HSC
Thank you :)

Last Question is how to best get an A for year 11 ?

I've found tonnes of info on the HSC but not so much year 11. I'm just trying to use my year 11 marks to work out where I'm at in preparation for the HSC. I'm going to try and push myself harder for an 90+ in my assessments though, but it's hard to know since theres no ranking system which would help me know weather I'm going OK or not so thought I'd ask here :) Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)