Graduation/Reception (1 Viewer)

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
anonymus2003 said:
no offence but thats pretty crap (and i thought my school was bad) lol...unless u get to do other stuff like throw eggs at the juniors:S "the-1-n-only-me" would know all bout that tho lol.
Nah, we're all seated, then called up on stage individually, given script/award, then leave as a grade as school claps. It's a proper assembly thingy, just with tradition.

anonymus2003

Bored User
HSC
Beege said:
Monday - Muckup Day

what the hell is a muckup day lol, in public schools everyday is a muckup day.

Azamatkumar said:
Nah, we're all seated, then called up on stage individually, given script/award, then leave as a grade as school claps. It's a proper assembly thingy, just with tradition.
thats pretty much the same for us, anywayz das cool, 12 years of education coming to a close. yaaaaaaaay:D

Last edited:

har444

HSC
~untitled~ said:
We go to dreamworld on the 27th.
man you are lucky. we go to the school "gym", which doesnt have anything to do with a gym and its just across the road :uhoh:........btw i also go to arthur phillip so yeh no suprise in that lol

N

noir.

anonymus2003 said:
*sighs.....yes..im glad u hear my pain..
Surprising to see that it has a good rep. We're usually the first for some reason to hear about incidents at your school :p

anonymus2003

Bored User
HSC
noir. said:
Surprising to see that it has a good rep. We're usually the first for some reason to hear about incidents at your school :p
lol..what school do you go to:S, and how is it that you're generally the first to hear bout us?:S, oh well nothing much to be proud of our top few kids generally do well in the hsc so were not too bad.

HSC
Azamakumar said:
I'm pretty sure that's what I'm doing too. :uhhuh:

Although with boring speeches and performances spread out through the Graduation. :( :(

WTF!bbq

if you have to ask
HSC
We get the traditional school hall gig in the morning, then we get the rest of the day off and a dinner with the teachers at night at St George Leagues Club. Should be alright :D

ladyrenshaw

HSC
my week-

wednesday - house groups bugger off yr 12 day
thursday - hair appointment etcs
thursday night - valedictory dinner around $30 each person, speeches etc. after party
friday- muck up day, then breaky, then more mucking up.
Friday 11am - Chapel
Friday arvo - lunch with parents friends etc.
saturday - friends 18th

busy few days...

any one got any suggestions about songs to put on our yr 12 video?

shut up

ruler of all
somewhere inside a rainbow wondering what im doing
HSC
lets c. today was yr 12 vs teachers game. next thursday, chapel meditation, valedictory mass, yr 12 lunch from yr 11. then we spend the nite decorating the school 4 muckup day, crash at sum1ones house, have champagne breakfast and come in costume to a tickertape parade in the school and then have k-10 perform for us. then graduation in nov is in special white dresses at this reception place, and we full get the speeches, certificate, portfolio and poem with evr1 included, and then roses at presentation night. i love my school.

chronicfootball

Member for Bennelong
HSC
shut up said:
lets c. today was yr 12 vs teachers game. next thursday, chapel meditation, valedictory mass, yr 12 lunch from yr 11. then we spend the nite decorating the school 4 muckup day, crash at sum1ones house, have champagne breakfast and come in costume to a tickertape parade in the school and then have k-10 perform for us. then graduation in nov is in special white dresses at this reception place, and we full get the speeches, certificate, portfolio and poem with evr1 included, and then roses at presentation night. i love my school.
Sounds an awful lot like Queenwood, but i suppose it would be similar for many private school girls. Will Ja'mie by joining you?

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
we also have this new retarded tradition where they're building a bell just for us and we all have to ring it as we graduate, and they're gonna do it every year after us.
the bell looks more like a gallows at the moment tho...

iniv

HSC
alot of people have been complaining about public schools- I feel pretty lucky that my schools grad stuff is pretty awesome even though we're public (selective)

Monday: Most of the day taken up by "rehersals" for graduation dinner- ie how to walk up onto the stage to recieve a certificate :S
plus our final year assembly

Wednesday: Preparations, reherals, auditions for a concert organised by year 12- mainly year 12 acts, but a lot of junior school stuff as well- awesome fun
night- said concert :D :D

Thursday: maybe meet my friends for breakfast then show up at around 10:00 for morning tea for yr 12 + teachers
final school assembly with speeches, year 12 sing a song together, get "clapped out" and then walk back into the school again...lol ...coz we head over to place where we have our grad dinner- MORE FREAKING REHERSALS

then night- grad cermony, prizes, speeches, sing our song again, slide show of photos of groups/memories from camps + people baby photos with photos of them now, dinner :)

Friday: no school- I don't think muck up day has ever actually happened at my school, at least not in the past 6 years I've been there....we're too law obiding and nerdy..lol

*sigh* even though year 12 has been pretty stressful and just plain exhausting at times, and I'm REALLY excited about uni...how much I love and will miss my grade is really starting to sink in :( :eek:

Last edited:
HSC
I'm assuming some of you have already had your graduations; how were they?

Mine's tomorrow, and after it we are going up to a local reserve/park, and drinking. :D

anonymus2003

Bored User
HSC
our graduation was excellent, our captains spoke great we had very high achievers (special congratulations to Ademir & Sean on achieving DUX!) and our year is the BEST!:D woot, congratulations on everybody that made it thro year 12 ima miss everybody, but, our cohort has a strong bond of family unity which will no doubt will keep us all together no matter how separate our roads may be.

williamc

HSC
anonymus2003 said:
our graduation was excellent, our captains spoke great we had very high achievers (special congratulations to Ademir & Sean on achieving DUX!) and our year is the BEST!:D woot, congratulations on everybody that made it thro year 12 ima miss everybody, but, our cohort has a strong bond of family unity which will no doubt will keep us all together no matter how separate our roads may be.
How can you know the DUX with still 50% of the hsc to go?

anonymus2003

Bored User
HSC
williamc said:
How can you know the DUX with still 50% of the hsc to go?
because the dux is decided by the principal and has nothing to do with ur HSC exam performance, its the HIGHEST achiever in your school thats a dux, i would expect ur school would do the same.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)