graph for projectile... (1 Viewer)

Bannanafish

HSC
yes

but verging on the risk of being anal, nothing can measure velocity! it mearly calculates it

helper

HSC
N/A
Being anal, a datalogger can only measure voltages, everything else is calculated.

ro

look, i havent read this whole forum, but i wasnt happy with the question! i thought sweet i know this its gallileo's experiment.. but nothing i knew about his work of discovering parabolic motion could be used :p

oh well.

the graph they gave us in the question had a distance of .5m range (guessing it was metres) at time 0s (guess it was seconds :p)

HOW THE FUCK DOES THAT WORK!!?

that really is a poor way of representing the data they found i think :S.. coz the ball travels 1.5m on the table top and then the horizontal distance from table to landing is called 'range'

so graph coulda been

1.5m @ t=0 (although a bit dodge, its range vs time graph aint it?)
0m @ t=0 (better becoz at time =0 its just starting to roll.. )

not happy jan ;)

<METALHEAD>

Hmmmm... What i thought was that the ball was travelling towards the datalogger, hence why i thought it started when the ball left the table... The starting distance was 1.5 m, which was yes, as it left the table. I thought from the way the graph read that this was when it started and that as time went, the ball was approching the datalogger, hence why i thought the graph was a load of crap. Never mind, its over, im over it, and 2 easy exams to go and im done. Yes!

helper

HSC
N/A
The ball travelled XYZ.

The datalogger was half a metre before X, and the ball was moving away from it to Y.

The original distance on the graph was 0.5 m. The distance from the datalogger to X.

It was a straight line up to 1.5m Representing the horizontal distance XY.

The slope of displacement time graph is velocity. Thus the slope of the line is the horizontal velocity.

It was assumed the datalgger stoped reading as soon as the ball was a X. This could be a stop condition or the maximum range of the datalogger.

The displacement is the the displacement from the datalogger not frrom the point X.

Go crook at your school for not using dataloggers not the board for putting them in the question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)