Great places to eat and fun things to do near UTS (1 Viewer)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Haha I got the feeling that's what you meant, but I wasn't sure!

Resin is a plastic. Rosin is the sticky dried sap you rub onto your Bass Violin (violoncello). ;) Rosin may LOOK like a nice, hard candy - but stick it in your mouth and you'll never part your jaws again.

Resin is just...ergh.

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
Originally posted by johnson
a nice place to go, a short bus trip from uts, are all those nice little thai restaurants in king street in newtown.
for real

the best in terms of cheapness would be newtown thai. fuckoff big plates for $5.50. there's a few ok indian places around there, too. or burgerlicious. best hamburgers. ever. and ice & slice for ice cream. but this isn't near uts really, so i'll stop.

PG5

HSC
Hey... how about you bring noodles to uts and use the boiling hot water there?!

my gf n i brought over migoreng every day in a fortnight... during our breaks we used their boiling water at building 6!

hehe... save money!
and/or just bring food and heat it up at the microwaves at uts near the vending machines...

btw, yeah bring some cans as well...
or if u really wanna save up.... keep bringing a bottle of water and refill it when ur finished.

karnevil

HSC
My vote still goes to furama, or getting mute on cheap schooners at markets bar then smashin your mates at daytona

so much fun, still the original and best

jayz

walking
Want to receive FREE Membership to the prestigious CPA passport program & WIN an IPOD?

All you need to do is visit the CPA Stall at Markets Bar (under the library) between 10am-2.30pm on the 24th, 25th or 31st of May

& Grab some free stuff while youre there

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I found a super deal today.... burger (veggie, chicken or beef) and a can of drink... $3.50.. at this place called Tender Grill... it's on Broadway, in the little food court that isn't the broadway shopping centre, but is the block before it. Near the kebab shop.

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
Everyone must have a slice of the Choco Dome cake at Fioriani's in Darling Harbour (on the outside strip of Harbourside).

It is $10.90 a slice.... but it is AMAZING. It was like multi-layers of dense milk and then dark chocolate mudcake separated by layers of melted Lindt chocolate.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I don't spend that much on food in an entire week, let alone on a single slice of friggin cake. I could BAKE some of your amazingcake with that much.

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
I don't spend that much on food in an entire week, let alone on a single slice of friggin cake. I could BAKE some of your amazingcake with that much.
granted i wouldn't spend that much money regularly, but for a once off and when i'm in a rich chocolate cake hungry state.....well....

trust me, u ain't got the secrets to bake this cake.... it's out of this world.

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
Maybe Ill try it once, on my last day at UTS, at graduation :p

it seems like a once-in-a-lifetime piece of cake though

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Actually it would be funny if I dropped out, came back and muscled out Alice's with my bakery, selling the flagship "AmazingCake".

On second thought, no it wouldn't.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
"Would you like salmonella with that? How about a side serve of e-coli?"

That food court is icky icky icky!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)