greyhound racing using live baits (1 Viewer)

ebbygoo

HSC
Well they have cheapened the Doctorate. In any case making the degree "Doctor of Veterinary Medicine" does not make it one. 50 to 60 years ago, if some had an MSc, say, he was held with high regard. Nowadays, a Masters has become a-dime-a-dozen.
You may be correct but I don't see how it could justify the statements he above made about vets, where he implied corruption, again, a wild accusation without evidence which would offend some. Regardless, it's not really relevant to the discussion.

financialwar

HSC
N/A
White people put a man on the moon while most of china were still working in rice fields.
Funny how the moon landing (if that actually happened) country is asking rice field country to buy their debt lol

Greyhound

HSC
Well Sydney Uni is a 'DOCTOR OF VETERINARY MEDICINE', and it and Charles Sturt are the only schools offering the degree in NSW- and Charles Sturt, especially being in a rural area, is aimed towards graduating rural vets (cattle, etc). So yeah, I believe so.

But again I don't see the relevance of this to the discussion?
Riddle me this, buddy: Did humanity build the Empire State building? If so, then why is there still poverty?
Yes, I have read all of your arguments, and yes, greyhounds are dogs, but does poverty still exist? Yes. I think you need to understand that correlation doesn't imply causation. The pyramids were built by ancient slaves, so why should greyhounds still inhabit these metaphorical "pyramids" if they are not merely slaves to whimsical ideas?

Last edited:

ebbygoo

HSC
Riddle me this, buddy: Did humanity build the Empire State building? If so, then why is there still poverty?
Yes, I have read all of your arguments, and yes, greyhounds are dogs, but does poverty still exist? Yes. I think you need to understand that correlation doesn't imply causation. The pyramids were built by ancient slaves, so why should greyhounds still inhabit these metaphorical "pyramids" if they are not merely slaves to society's needs?
K.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Well they have cheapened the Doctorate. In any case making the degree "Doctor of Veterinary Medicine" does not make it one. 50 to 60 years ago, if some had an MSc, say, he was held with high regard. Nowadays, a Masters has become a-dime-a-dozen.
It's still incredibly hard to become a vet regardless though.

It is also incredibly hard to handle the job since there is so much stress.

It's obvious they are trolls, but they are making insanely wrong comments about vets and the greyhound industry in general.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Funny how the moon landing (if that actually happened) country is asking rice field country to buy their debt lol
Your retardation is beyond repairable.

If the moon landings were fake? why did they do it 6 times?

You do realize China buying up US bonds is just a method to devalue the chinese currency so it doesn't bankrupt their exports right?

edit: the highest owner of US debt is owned by *gasp* AMERICANS. China doesn't even own more than 15% of US debt.

Last edited:

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A

It's obvious they are trolls, but they are making insanely wrong comments about vets and the greyhound industry in general.
Professional degrees do not get "inflated" like Drongoski suggests. A masters in fine art is nowhere near having a veterinary degree irregardless of it being a bachelor of a PhD. You don't say JD law students are superior to LLB students right?

ebbygoo

HSC

Good to hear there is still someone with reason.

Dupain

HSC
Good to hear there is still someone with reason.

Date: February 12 2015

Patrick Bartley
Some disaffected racehorse owners involved in the cobalt crisis are considering suing trainers and veterinary surgeons over*loss of prizemoney, diminished bloodstock value and possible animal health and welfare issues.

The vets' professional associations have resisted licensing since "time immemorial" and Racing NSW chief steward Ray Murrihy told me that he had proposed such oversight twice over the years to no avail. One leading racing vet told me that Racing NSW "have their eye on a couple of rogue vets, we all know who they are," who are doing untold damage to the game.

The vet predicted that talks that have been ongoing since December between Racing NSW and the vets representatives will arrive at a solution that will better protect the public interest, racing's integrity and, most paramount, the welfare of the animal.

There are 1100 members of the Australian Equine Veterinarians Association, and if an entire cohort needs to be brought into racing's oversight to weed out these rotten apples, then so be it.

ebbygoo

HSC
Date: February 12 2015

Patrick Bartley
Some disaffected racehorse owners involved in the cobalt crisis are considering suing trainers and veterinary surgeons over*loss of prizemoney, diminished bloodstock value and possible animal health and welfare issues.

The vets' professional associations have resisted licensing since "time immemorial" and Racing NSW chief steward Ray Murrihy told me that he had proposed such oversight twice over the years to no avail. One leading racing vet told me that Racing NSW "have their eye on a couple of rogue vets, we all know who they are," who are doing untold damage to the game.

The vet predicted that talks that have been ongoing since December between Racing NSW and the vets representatives will arrive at a solution that will better protect the public interest, racing's integrity and, most paramount, the welfare of the animal.

There are 1100 members of the Australian Equine Veterinarians Association, and if an entire cohort needs to be brought into racing's oversight to weed out these rotten apples, then so be it.
I can only see you referring to the horse vets. Which again, is not related to dogs. Equestrian and domestic animal vets often largely differ, and certainly in the case of the two industries, they do.

Plus I agree, any rogues should go. Criminals should be dealt with by the law.

But again, the greyhound industry is not the issue, it's the handful of small criminals who are, and again, the issue is NOT widespread (in dogs at least- I'm no expert in the horses/horse industry).

Last edited:

financialwar

HSC
N/A
I can only see you referring to the horse vets. Which again, is not related to dogs. Equestrian and domestic animal vets often largely differ, and certainly in the case of the two industries, they do.

Plus I agree, any rogues should go. Criminals should be dealt with by the law.

But again, the greyhound industry is not the issue, it's the handful of small criminals who are, and again, the issue is NOT widespread (in dogs at least- I'm no expert in the horses/horse industry).
Handful of small criminals lol, motivated by the money to be made in the greyhound industry lol

Nice to see Aussies defending greyhound racing like the Spaniards defending bullfighting.

I'm going to have a large bowl of shark fin soup this weekend in CHinatown, any hot BoS girl wanna cum? SHark fin soup is on me.

financialwar

HSC
N/A
You nailed that part mate.
^Can we get the disrespectful troll banned?
lol means I was being sarcastic. You are one gullible fuck if you believe only an handful lol. That's like saying only Armstrong used drug because he got caught where the truth is the whole cycling industry was on roids.

Asking someone to be banned because he bought up an unpleasant issue that reflect the true facet of the Australian conscience or lack there of is no better than the Chinese censorship you guys seem to criticise.

financialwar

HSC
N/A
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/allegat...ncovered-by-four-corners-20150217-13gi30.html

Greyhound racers are secretly blooding their dogs with live bait as part of systemic and widespread cheating within the country's multimillion-dollar industry, according to explosive evidence uncovered by ABC's Four Corners program.

Animal welfare groups have called for the dismantling of the greyhound industry following the revelations of widespread cheating, illegal live baiting and archaic training methods.

ABC's Four Corners played snippets from hundreds of hours of secret surveillance footage showing live piglets, rabbits and possums being mauled and used as live bait to turn greyhounds into blood-thirsty winners with an illegal and unfair edge.

Some of the industry's most well-known trainers and owners including Reg Kay, Stuart Mills and Deborah Arnold, spoke on camera, saying live baiting was eliminated many years ago and the sport was 100 per cent clean.

ebbygoo's definition of "a handful"...

Hello, the whole fucking industry is live baiting...

ebbygoo

HSC
lol means I was being sarcastic. You are one gullible fuck if you believe only an handful lol. That's like saying only Armstrong used drug because he got caught where the truth is the whole cycling industry was on roids.

Asking someone to be banned because he bought up an unpleasant issue that reflect the true facet of the Australian conscience or lack there of is no better than the Chinese censorship you guys seem to criticise.
I don't believe- I know.
20 alleged offenders of an industry of 30000.
Task forces now set up to investigate further.
There's no escaping any criminal behaviours.
Those who offended and committed these appalling actions should, and surely will be dealt with.

This is not Armstrong.
This is not bike riding.
This is the greyhound industry being victimised for the actions of a small minority, and it is simply unjust.
Punish the guilty, not the innocent. Stop criminalising and placing blame upon the large majority whom are doing the correct thing, it is not called for, and not right.

Futhermore, I shall not be further responding to you- I don't appreciate the abuse, and simply, if you have to resort to personal attacks and poor, unrelated analogies, I will not be discussing the issue further with you.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/allegat...ncovered-by-four-corners-20150217-13gi30.html

Greyhound racers are secretly blooding their dogs with live bait as part of systemic and widespread cheating within the country's multimillion-dollar industry, according to explosive evidence uncovered by ABC's Four Corners program.

Animal welfare groups have called for the dismantling of the greyhound industry following the revelations of widespread cheating, illegal live baiting and archaic training methods.

ABC's Four Corners played snippets from hundreds of hours of secret surveillance footage showing live piglets, rabbits and possums being mauled and used as live bait to turn greyhounds into blood-thirsty winners with an illegal and unfair edge.

Some of the industry's most well-known trainers and owners including Reg Kay, Stuart Mills and Deborah Arnold, spoke on camera, saying live baiting was eliminated many years ago and the sport was 100 per cent clean.

ebbygoo's definition of "a handful"...

Hello, the whole fucking industry is live baiting...
I, once again, again reject the implication of "widespread". It is not. That is simply not the truth. When you want to find some evidence to suggest otherwise, I may consider rediscussing the topic with you, other than quoting the media quoting another form of media, which has the evidence for 20 alleged criminals/30000 participants, or 0.00066%. You sir, appear to be the one with a funny definition of "whole". The whole industry is NOT the criminals who have been undertaking this behaviour, and as a participant in the industry myself, I take serious offence to your implications.

Last edited:

financialwar

HSC
N/A
as a participant in the industry myself
Now I know why you're defending them, I hope you're not live baiting too. It's just too cruel.

20 alleged criminals/30000 participants?

Does that participants include average joe or just the trainers??

20/ number of trainers, your percentage will skyrocket.

20 of the alleged are the biggest names in the greyhound industry, when the biggest cheat, you can be sure the whole industry is fucked.

In Australia, dogs can be killed for gambling, but can not be killed for food. As an Asian, I find this both unjust and racist.

Last edited:

Dupain

HSC
Dogs fan Doug Ewart said people would be mad not to think “90 per cent of the dogs” had been blooded.
“I saw (Four Corners) last night — it was disgraceful,” he said. “I knew it happened but I didn’t know about piglets and possums. The way they ripped them apart, it was disgraceful.”

Dupain

HSC
ebbygoo, you should be out there advocating to stop this practice instead of denying and that it is a practice of a few if you love and work in the industry.

financialwar, cut out the racist stuff it is just as bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)