Group Study (1 Viewer)

Gigacube

HSC
I was thinking about doing some group study in year 12 but I'm not exactly sure how you study as a group. :confused:

All I can think of is asking each other questions.

Aysce

HSC
Imo, studying by yourself is easier. Group study can be distracting but depends on the peers I guess :p

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
The last time I grouped studied.....Mmm....I wonder what happened. But some humans need the comfort of others and in probably being provided comfort, it will in-turn provide them which strong moral support and result in a few laughs and giggles along the way. SpiralFlex likes to study alone. But doesn't mind the odd stranger popping out once in a while at the library to ask me for my pen.

tambam

HSC
If you think others will be able to help you, then do group study.
If you think it will mostly be you helping other people, then don't.

But having said that, sometimes explaining concepts to other people increases your understanding and hence is beneficial to yourself

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
It's bed time Spiral.
Okay. Commencing shut down mode. I have one more thing to say.

Maybe have a competitive or relaxed study group. In a competitive study group, study then you take turns in asking syllabus dot point questions for your topic. Maybe going through past examinations. In a relaxed study group, study and talk, then you take turns asking questions from the syllabus dot points or past papers.

If you want to go to the extreme. Challenge the HSCers in library into a past paper duel! Winner buys dinner! (This only works in my library because of a large portion of people who go to the library are students. The library is so comfy too). This is a great social activity and you meet cool randoms!

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
I tried forming a mini study group with me and a close friend of mine. She turned out too much of a pimp and we kept having guys approach our table and we couldn't work... effectively.

Legit, 8 guys minimum approach our table when she's sitting with me. I think a record at any time would be like 11? They all pull up chairs and make themselves comfortable and i'm thinking, "dude... we're studying" =="

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
My record is 4-6...What is this secret device that lures delicious humans?

Gigacube

HSC
I might ditch the idea of group studying then. It would probably only work with English or Physics anyway.

Skeptyks

HSC
Okay. Commencing shut down mode. I have one more thing to say.

Maybe have a competitive or relaxed study group. In a competitive study group, study then you take turns in asking syllabus dot point questions for your topic. Maybe going through past examinations. In a relaxed study group, study and talk, then you take turns asking questions from the syllabus dot points or past papers.

If you want to go to the extreme. Challenge the HSCers in library into a past paper duel! Winner buys dinner! (This only works in my library because of a large portion of people who go to the library are students. The library is so comfy too). This is a great social activity and you meet cool randoms!
I wish my library was like that... All the lower years are being retarded and shout and its chaotic ;/

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
There may or may not be a picture of you on facebook
....Those pictures...Not my Facebook (I don't have one.) I assume my dear friend 4025808 posted them....How did you know it was me? Those pictures were not suppose to be on Facebook.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)