• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

group tutorial presentations (1 Viewer)

MoNNiE

HSC
Originally posted by chookyn
arghk!! who else here finds groupwork EXTREMELY frustrating!

i have a tute presentation tomorrow with a partner, whom i've barely seen yet (ok- we each know what we're doing but we really need to meet!!)

and on wednesday i have a group presentation, with three other members who always seem to make themselves scarce! They're NEVER around when u need em. I've done my part/s, and i'm not about to do theirs as well. It sucks.

Any suggestions for effective group management? i.e. like probably getting into a decent group to start with! :(
i understnad ur grief chookyn :p
i would suggest for u to get to know other people in ur tut group first...then from there u can see who u do or do not want to be with..
but sometimes the tut's like allocating u to a group...
u just need to stand ground and force them to participate..the more heads u can put into the work effort the better the outcome..

you may get a sense of division.. but u'll just need to find a way to work around the problems... don't complain~! otherwise it'll just make things more worse plus harder for urself and others!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)