GTA 3 problems HELPPPP!!!!!! :( (1 Viewer)

Freakstyler09

HSC
So this is what happens, everytime I try to run GTA 3 on my comp, it just freezes and 3/4's of the screen turns black, what should I do?

p.s. My computer meets all the requirements for this game, in fact it's an overkill for the requirements, but I still don't c y it doesn't work.

my computer systems stats are

3.75 gbs Ram
Intel core Duo Cpu
3.00Ghz
Graphic card: 512 mgbs
Windows XP service Pack 3.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
It could just be a problem with the installation. Have you tried reinstalling the file?

astroe

HSC
Maybe your computer is using too many resources at the time you're playing, so disconnect the internet, and go to Task Manager and stop all the tasks that are not necessary for the computer to run.
If that doesn't work, try giving re-installation another go. On PC versions of GTA, you can adjust the quality of graphics, so maybe a lower setting may help.

Oh, you could also Defragment your Harddrive to make it run faster, I have no real evidence of any benefits but hey, it's worth a try.

ilikebeeef

HSC
So this is what happens, everytime I try to run GTA 3 on my comp, it just freezes and 3/4's of the screen turns black, what should I do?

p.s. My computer meets all the requirements for this game, in fact it's an overkill for the requirements, but I still don't c y it doesn't work.

my computer systems stats are

3.75 gbs Ram
Intel core Duo Cpu
3.00Ghz
Windows XP service Pack 3.
Maybe you should get a better graphics card. I've had this problem before for another game, and getting a better graphics card solved the problem.

Freakstyler09

HSC
Maybe you should get a better graphics card. I've had this problem before for another game, and getting a better graphics card solved the problem.
Yeh I should, but I'm just confused atm I don't have any games on my comp and I still got like 250 Megs of hard drive left, why couldn't this game work, just don't know why.

Last edited:
HSC
Uni Grad
Graphics wouldn't be a problem for gta 3 whatsoever.
However my GTA 3 doesn't work either, and re installing doesn't fix for me, not that I really wanna play it but it's the only game I've ever had working that has randomly decided not to work anymore.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
I've actually had the same problem with Vice City, I just rage quit and went and did other stuff after uninstalling.

Njn

nvrB♯nvrB♭.alwaysB♮
HSC
What's this supposed to mean? Graphics cards have been carrying 512 since 8 years ago. Could you list a specific model? e.g. mine is 8800gts 640mb.

updating graphics driver would be your best bet, it sounds like a graphics issue. however i can't tell you where to find that without the model of your graphics card.

William kamel

HSC
What's this supposed to mean? Graphics cards have been carrying 512 since 8 years ago. Could you list a specific model? e.g. mine is 8800gts 640mb.

updating graphics driver would be your best bet, it sounds like a graphics issue. however i can't tell you where to find that without the model of your graphics card.
Mine is 512mbs too and it's a NVIDIA Geforce 9500 GT and I'm having exactly the same problem, can u help?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)