Guy interested in guy- but is he straight? (1 Viewer)

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
if you're not sure, don't tell the guy that you like him. you might lose him as a friend. i found that out the hard way..

just talk about homosexuality in general and see what his reactions are to it, you'll be able to tell from his reactions whether or not he'd be okay with it. also, come out to him first, do it gradually.

sexo9800

A place far from Sydney, but soon, Surry Hills!
HSC
stophomophobia said:
Being gay in a country that is not supportive of it is quite hard.

Being gay in a country town like coffs harbour is even harder.

I have these crushes for straight guys all the time.
i couldnt agree more. living in a country so biggoted is pathetic. I live no where near Coffs Harbour, but believe me, where i live is a very small town and it certainly is not an easy existance being seemingly the "token"queer. i empathise with u living there, and i guess for me at least Sydney is only an hour and a bit away. when u finish ur HSC move to the city. i am the week after and god it will be so much easier. i have no idea what is wrong with australia. ive been to france only once, but no body gives a shit. you can do whateva u want and be whoever u want. why is it that the people of this country want to "fit in", be something there not, and be so ignorant? its ignorance that pisses me off, because contrary to the common belief "ignorance is NOT bliss"

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
i think every country has its fair share of tolerant and intolerant people. and just being in the city don't mean that you'll be fine, you have to still tread safe. just last night i was at bondi beach and had a confrontation with a bunch of gronks who didn't like "fuckin fags"

wez

HSC
I'm straight. And if a mate told me he was interested in me sexually, I'd be very very uncomfortable. I'm quite comfortable with my sexuality, enough to dress in drag for a school dance, to comment on whether a guy is hot or not in conversation with girls and also to hug a guy for no particular reason yet simply out of mateship.

I've never once had an actual gay sort of sexual fantasy (unless you count the watching hot lesbians fantasy, but what guy hasn't....double of everything), but I can see why some straight guys might have them, particularly when drunk or just due to an amazingly close bond with another guy.

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
What Johnson said. Discuss it on a general level.

HSC
Talk to him about homosexuality in general, see what his reaction is. If he's homophobic (which is sad I think. No one should be) then I guess you should really watch where you place your foot, hey... if he's fine with it, then try and find out more on his views on the general subject. One step at a time.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
my bf had a couple of gay guys crack on to him at a (female) friend's party last year (i think he was single at the time). he thought he should chat to the party girl's brother caus he was off by himself, so he chatted with him a bit & then the guy asks my bf if he wants to come up to his room. he said it was pretty awkward at the time, but he laughs about it now...whenever he mentions it (a couple of times so far) he jokes about it, saying "i could've gone out with the whole family!" (went out with the girl for a bit).

he's not homophobic, but he still tells me that he doesnt get how chicks can like guys. all i can say to that is if we didnt, the human population would die out pretty quick!

i personally cant say a heap about being hit on by a gay since i've never thought about it, but i guess it might be ok if she was a close friend..otherwise i'd probably just do what my bf did & run off.

and i dont think that the majority of guys have gay thoughts/moments...but i know many girls have the odd bit of thinking she's at least bi-curious. i've wondered what it would be like to be with a chick a couple of times, but in reality, i dont think i could do it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)