GUYS going solo to formals? (1 Viewer)

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
I second that. For our formal, hardly anyone had a date let alone anyone noticing. Most of the girls and guys came in their own little social groups. The only thing that was even noticable was the fact that some rich bitches came from a limo...... sorrrry.......In the end, it's not like you're really missing out on anything by not having a date. Everyone comes together at the end and that's all that matters.

Don't expect your formal to be some "Prom Night" that you see on some cliched American movie.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
In year 10 I went with a hottie, and it was fun I guess. In year 12 I went solo and had even more fun, I still danced with plenty of girls because most people's dates weren't like boyfriend/girlfriend or anything. The best bit was just having fun getting dressed up with all your mates and that before school finishes and you go your seperate ways.

dodgyfilokid

HSC
Schmeag said:
Oh yes. Don't expect much from the food, if there's any at all. I felt like puking by the end of it, because the dessert was far to rich (they probably just stuffed a load of butter and sugar in it) and I'd danced myself to death already. That was my lesson that night: heavy dancing and poorly-done pudding don't mix.
HAHAHAHA.....meh ive heard that formal dinners arent that special....well in my case it wasnt too bad at all....then again it was a dry even apart from the teachers having alcohol to themselves...greedy bastards!!!!!:burn:

anyway NO ONE CARES if you rock up to a formal by yourself....jz depends on how u see it tho and how you milk it to its full advantage.....its the last time u will most likely hang out wit the people u met at school so take advantage of it and dont worry about feelin shit coz people apparently assume your shit due to a lack of a girl

btw....my partner in my formal (my gf before the thing) wasnt wooed or stolen by anyone.....we wer smart enough to act as if we wer still goin out and danced together....then again they knew i wuld make a scene out of it if they dared steal her

テリー

HSC
Im in the same situation with Lawliet
+ i reckon this is whats going to happen to me :bomb:

Davriel said:
I went to my Yr 10 Formal and Yr 12 Formal solo (while for the former I had a girlfriend, we weren't allowed to bring outsiders to the formal). For the Yr 12 one it was because I was still dealing with the fact I had a major crush on someone and was unable to ask them to come with me (she had a boyfriend). So I ended up going single.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
テリー said:
Im in the same situation with Lawliet
What, you're going to get hit so hard that you turn gay?

That's be a pretty impressive party trick, but it's like part of me wants to see it ... and part of me really doesn't want to. If it's really a problem for you (and I suspect you have much bigger ones, like the fact that you're so very shallow and insecure), then just do what I said earlier: go down to your local gymnastics centre, pick a gymnast - tell her coach you're on the Olympic selection committee if s/he won't let her talk to you - and ask her to your formal. I can't guarantee results, though.

Davriel

HSC
N/A
ObjectsInSpace said:
If it's really a problem, go down to your local gymnastics centre, pick a gymnast - tell her coach you're on the Olympic selection committee if s/he won't let her talk to you - and ask her to your formal. I can't guarantee results, though.
Tell me, you ever heard of Rayne Summers? Yes, thank me for the link, it was the least I could do.

AJD

HSC
I'm going solo and I'm proud of it :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)