Had to do it - Band 6 anyone? (1 Viewer)

rachierach

HSC
What marks do you think align to a band 6?
Who thinks they got one?

Thecorey0

HSC
In 2004 it was 83. My guess is that it will be 85ish this year. Personally I reckon I got 90+ raw.

Blobulator

HSC
Yeah I reckon I possibly got a band 6, at least a low band 6. If not high band 5. Reasonably easy exam for my sections altogether.

evilovrlord

HSC
I went in very worried as I had very patchy information.. Nothing on Spartan religion or on Pompeii's buildings, or on the Delian league and luckily every question was about something I actually knew about :monkey: I'm hoping for a band 6 :) Was a very easy test, especially compared to the travesty that was english:(.

rachierach

HSC
Totally agree! I thought they might be mean but they were pretty good actually..
I think i got over 90 raw, hopefully a 95 if i'm lucky!

sirpoopalot7

HSC
Yeah I reckon 85-92% raw mark. I did like..make up a few quotes lol, they reflected the historians argument but it wasn't word for word.

lolrofllol

HSC
Yeah I reckon 85-92% raw mark. I did like..make up a few quotes lol, they reflected the historians argument but it wasn't word for word.
Yeah it's paraphrasing i.e. historian argues this that this, as long as you didn't put the quotations "this that this" (historian), you will be ok.

mckensara

HSC
Yeah it's paraphrasing i.e. historian argues this that this, as long as you didn't put the quotations "this that this" (historian), you will be ok.
even if you did do that, and you only slightly misquoted, you are alight due to "exam stress"

Instead of saying

"man, ancient is the worst subject ever!"

you could say "ancient was the worst subject" and your still oaky, aslong as you dont do it more than once of twice in the whole thing.

i think i got 86/ 87 raw, hoping thats a band 6 :(

HailSatan

HSC
Well is random name dropping bad? I often regurgitated what I knew and then put "according to such and such" after it with a random source. Think they will see through it?

lolrofllol

HSC
Well is random name dropping bad? I often regurgitated what I knew and then put "according to such and such" after it with a random source. Think they will see through it?
As long as the historians you used are known for the arguements you wrote you will be ok. For example, let's consider Sparta:

This is bad: "the agoge was their education system ... Xenophon argues it was too brutal."

This is ok: "the agoge was their education system ... Aristotle argues it was too brutal."

sirpoopalot7

HSC
.... as long as you didn't put the quotations "this that this" (historian), you will be ok.
Shit. LOL. I did do that, but it was what they would have said. Like it was what they talked about. But they probably wouldn't have said it exactly like THAT.

So yeah I'm hoping they're lenient in that as long as the historians were known for that topic/argument its ok. I did it twice in my Augustus 25 mark easy and quite a few times for Agrippina...

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
I'd like to say yes, but I'm not holding out much hope for a band 6. I think I completely shat that chance in the core and society. Hoping at least for a band 5 though...

blabla91

HSC
oh please as if the markers are gonna know every single quote

Venom.

HSC
I think about 85-88 raw. Hoping I can somehow scrape into the band 6 range.

sirpoopalot7

HSC
Well I made sure I remembered correctly at least one quote:

Some say that he did, in fact, commit incest with Agrippina every time they rode in the same litter - the stains on his clothes when he emerged proved it.- Suetonius, Twelve Lifes of Caesar, Nero.

Makes me LOL everytime.

beksj

HSC
i did for section 2 periclean athens and wrote around 4 pages, for section 3 hatshepsut and around 7 and for section 4 wrote 4 pages and did new kingdom egypt. i found some parts quite simple but got stifled by a few questions as i didnt expect them and had a total memory blank. definitely my worst exam to date.
im very worried about this exam.

Blobulator

HSC
Well I made sure I remembered correctly at least one quote:

Some say that he did, in fact, commit incest with Agrippina every time they rode in the same litter - the stains on his clothes when he emerged proved it.- Suetonius, Twelve Lifes of Caesar, Nero.

Makes me LOL everytime.
Haha I used the stains quote as well. Cyber-hi-five.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)