Hair Straighteners (1 Viewer)

Pierotte

HSC
Now i dont wish to hear from you if your hair is basically straight and u just use a straightener to get the kink out.

I want the opinions of those of you who have uber thick crazy curly hair!

I tried out the silver bullet lightning extreme (ha what a name!) at the shaver shop the other day and its brilliant, my hair was sleek as, i never wanted to wash it. Oh this machine put my current straightener to shame.

Thing is its 270 buckaroonies, and im just so broke at the moment.

Also if its 270 i may as well buy a GHD one, but are they even any better? I heard this one is a strong competitor if not even better.

anyone tried both?

how about older models, im sure i could pcik up an older one for cheaper, but how far back can i go without it being shit?

Also are there any cheaper ones that deliver the same kindof results? Or am i doomed to go broke for the sake of sleek locks.

So yeah, chat chat away.

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
GHD straighteners with the ceramic plates are meant to be The Best, if you're willing for fork out $300. Save up and buy a good one instead of wasting your money on something that only half-works. You can get one with wide plates if you have black lady hair.

Tuggi3

Vicious and Delicious
HSC
the remington wet to straight straightner is AWESOME...and it only costs around $120.
my mum got it and i thought it would be hopeless, but its actually really really good. Better then my muster IMO, and its less of a pain coz it drys and straightens at the same time.

I should be the spokesperson for that things..its fantastic

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i have tried both, and in my opinion the GHD is the best hair straightener out there. really, its worth the investment.

and christmas is just around the corner...

Skeeta

HSC
oh yes i have a ghd it is the friggen best thing ever.. i'd marry it if i could

for the extra $30 its def worth it honestly just do it

Always

HSC
YES, get the GHD. You won't regret it. The ceramic coating doesn't wear away like other cheap imitations (eg. Wahl Cutek), it heats up super fast!, and you end up with sleek, shiny hair.

You should be able to get it <$300. Shop around, wait for sales.

bex

HSC
another vote for the GHD over here!

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
my sister has a really good one...a Mark Hill solid ceramic one... but she got it over in England and i dont think you can get them over here. but its really really really good. but it is pretty expensive. i think she said it was... $300 or so.

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
i have a pink silver bullet :D
i love it!
geeeettttt onnneee Pierotte!!!
:uhhuh:

denise_

So fetch!
HSC
wow GHD fans galore! lol. anywho, i have a remington thermo ionic blahblahblah professional hair straightener which i got at myer for $79.95 in early january. I have massively thick hair too! it really works =) and it has a 1 year warrantee too! :)

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
denise_ said:
wow GHD fans galore! lol. anywho, i have a remington thermo ionic blahblahblah professional hair straightener which i got at myer for $79.95 in early january. I have massively thick hair too! it really works =) and it has a 1 year warrantee too! :)
oooo ionic!!! that sounds promising :uhhuh:
((sorry not to get too off topic but has anyone heard of that professional hair straightening that costs $800... i was sitting in a chair about to get it done 6 months ago- thankfully i didnt go through with it- sooo much money... has anybody got it done?))

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
*yooneek* said:
oooo ionic!!! that sounds promising :uhhuh:
((sorry not to get too off topic but has anyone heard of that professional hair straightening that costs $800... i was sitting in a chair about to get it done 6 months ago- thankfully i didnt go through with it- sooo much money... has anybody got it done?))

is it bionic/japanese straightening?
if so, one of my friends got it done for $600, it looked really good, however it couldnt really hold a curl or anything for nights out etc, but she didnt need to blowdry/straighten her hair at all. just regular permanent straightening is pretty shit though. just buy a ghd

Skeeta

HSC
yeah a girl at uni gets it done.. her hair is fairly long and she reckons it cost around $300, butnow she doesnt have to do anything to her hair at all... it just looks perfect all the time

i got my hair "relaxed" once which basically is like a reverse perm it worked alright but it just made it easier to style without the insane curliness.. it was about $50-60

Pierotte

HSC
Thnx girls

I think im gonna do some browsing for a GHD one on ebay

im practically sold.

although remington for 80 bucks?? serious? the silver bullet had that ionic crap, if its the same thing for 80 well id buy it in an instant.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
You wont regret spending $300 on a ghd. Think of how quickly the money will be repayed. It costs me around $60 to get my hair straightened at the hairdresser, so 5 straightens later and i have my moneys worth already.

The comment on price going down, i wouldnt count on it. 1 1/2 years after i bought mine and it still costs the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)