Hair Treatments (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Hi guys, I'm doing some work on treatments. At the moment I'm trying to understand why people use treatments - if they like treatments - where they get their treatments, etc.

A background on treatments:

'Treatments are traditionally seen as ‘third-step products’, in that they are to be applied after shampooing and conditioning your hair. However, an increasing number of treatments may be used at any time of the day.

Treatments can be rinse-off (i.e. you need to use them in the shower) or leave-on (i.e. you just put them in your hair and continue on with your day). Treatments are generally quite intensive and results can be seen very quickly. Benefits can include anti-frizz, fortifying and conditioning.'

Example treatments:

I've got a survey that I'd like you guys to fill out. If you can help out just reply in this thread with whether you've:
1) Used treatments in the last 3 months
2) Used them more than 3 months ago
3) Never used them

I'll even put in a $10 incentive prize for people who complete the survey. I'll draw the entrants' names at random.

K

katie_tully

1) Yes I've used treatments in the last three months. I had my hair bleached which rendered if freakin dry and dead and I was told if I used treatments it'd help restore the nutrients or some such thing.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
katie_tully said:
1) Yes I've used treatments in the last three months. I had my hair bleached which rendered if freakin dry and dead and I was told if I used treatments it'd help restore the nutrients or some such thing.
hawt. here is the survey (you slut). just fill in the blanks lah.

fank ewe!

How many treatments do you own?

What specific treatments do you currently use (please be specific: i.e. brands, container type, whether they were leave-on/rinse-off)?
Sample response: I use Pantene Daily Moisture Renewal jars. I rinse it off after use.

How often do you use treatments?

Do you use some treatments more than others? If yes, then which treatments?

Where do you purchase most of your treatments?
a) Salons
b) Pharmacies (including Priceline, etc.)
c) Supermarkets (i.e. Woolworths/Coles)
d) Convenience stores (e.g. 7/11)
e) Department stores (e.g. K-Mart/Target/Big-W
f) Other (please ask to specify)

How do you decide on which treatment to purchase?
a) Stylist recommendation
b) Friend/family recommendation
c) Advertising
d) In-store packaging
e) In-store price reductions

What do you like about each of the treatments that you currently use, i.e. why do you purchase them?

What did you dislike about treatments that you used in the past?

If you could change one thing about each of the treatments that you currently use, what would it be? (Please identify the treatment you are discussing)

Have you found any treatments difficult to use? If yes, what specifically was difficult?

When do you use treatments (e.g. in the morning before work, after shampooing and conditioning your hair, at work)?

Do you wish to use treatments in a situation that you can’t with your current treatments (e.g. at clubs/at work)? If so, where?

What would be your ideal treatment, if one was made specifically to suit your needs?

Which form would you desire from a treatment?
a) Non-Aerosol Spray
b) Serum
c) Jar
d) Ampoule
e) Bottle
f) Tube
g) Other (please ask to specify)

What is an ideal treatment package size for you:
a) 15mL sachet
b) 50mL serum
c) 150mL spray
d) 200mL jar
e) 350mL jar

Any other comments/feedback?

K

katie_tully

What specific treatments do you currently use (please be specific: i.e. brands, container type, whether they were leave-on/rinse-off)?
Dove Hair Silk, comes in a round jar, leave on for a few minutes rinse off.

Three times a week or whenever my hair feels stringy and breaks a lot.

I've only ever used Dove Hair Silk.

Supermarket - Woolies

a) Stylist recommendation - said it was cheaper than the instore treatments and worked as effectively

What do you like about each of the treatments that you currently use, i.e. why do you purchase them?
Works, isn't expensive, easy to applicate

N/A

If you could change one thing about each of the treatments that you currently use, what would it be? (Please identify the treatment you are discussing)
I'd make the smell of the treatment (Dove Hair Silk) more fragrant. It doesnt smell as pleasant as others I've smelt.

Have you found any treatments difficult to use? If yes, what specifically was difficult?
Not really. At first it was hard to determine how much product was needed and for how long it needed to stay on. Trial and error

When do you use treatments (e.g. in the morning before work, after shampooing and conditioning your hair, at work)?
After shampooing, usually of a night time

Do you wish to use treatments in a situation that you can’t with your current treatments (e.g. at clubs/at work)? If so, where?
Because I have to rinse it out it's hard to use it anywhere other than at home. if it were a leave in treatment it'd be more convenient

What would be your ideal treatment, if one was made specifically to suit your needs?
Fruity smell, easy application. It wouldnt feel heavy, preferably it'd be leave in without feeling heavy. Light weight packaging so that it'd be easy to pop in the hand bag.

a) Non-Aerosol Spray

c) 150mL spray

stazi

Nightman
HSC
did you actually condition your hair before you started using the treatment? have you stopped conditioning now?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
AlleyCat said:
i use treatments too, if you need more than one answer.
i thought you might, slutfag. could you answer the same questions at K-Tul?

K

katie_tully

stazi said:
did you actually condition your hair before you started using the treatment? have you stopped conditioning now?
I'd condition the roots, but not all my hair. My hair was so bad that I could literally pull massive chunks out when brushing it. :(

stazi

Nightman
HSC
pantene treatments > dove for hair strengthening. actually most other comapnies' are :p

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC

Sample response: I use Pantene Daily Moisture Renewal jars. I rinse it off after use.

KMS silkier leave in treatment, clear liquid in a spray bottle, i spray it through after towel drying.
L'Oreal Absolut Repair, its thick goopy yellow paste in a jar, i leave it on for a couple of hours with a hot towel over it and then rinse it off.
Tony & Guy protein spray, clear liquid in a spray bottle, i spray it in dry hair, brush it through before i straighten/blowdry.

about twice a week

i use the KMS the most because i use it after every wash. i used to use the T&G one a lot because i straightened my hair a lot, but i hardly ever do now, maybe once a month. the L'Oreal one is amazing, i use it once a week though or it makes my hair too greasy.

a) Salons - the l'oreal one i can get cheap in a huuuge bucket from my salon
f) Other (please ask to specify) - i buy t&g and kms online from strawberrynet.com

L'oreal - i have very light coloured hair thats prone to breakage from bleaching it, so if i dont use a really rich conditioner then i get split ends and general messiness. the cream is thick so it doesnt drip everywhere, even on wet hair. it smells great and washes out easily.

T&G - bleached hair especially is very easily damaged by heat, so the protein in the spray protects my hair so it doesnt burn.

KMS - i generally use this as a detangler and to make my hair shiny. i love how it smells too.

i used a TiGi one that i was supposed to repair my damaged hair, didnt do anything, and cost over $40 for the bottle.

whenever i've had darker hair, i've tried different treatments, Vo5 hot oil, charles worthington brunette, etc but they havent really done anything to help make my hair shiny. when i used to have dark hair the only thing that made my hair nice again would be to re-dye it with a semi permanent, which isnt very good for the hair and was time consuming.

i love the loreal one to bits but after this bottle i'm going to have to change to a company that doesnt test on animals.

the T&G one leaves a film on my hair, meaning that i needed to use a clarifying shampoo afterwards, which was annoying.

the kms one is pretty much perfect, but its very expensive for how small the bottle is ($35 from memory)

those shine fortifying ones are annoying because they come in little sachets which you have to put in your hair, leave for x mins, rinse out, apply the next one etc. time consuming for not much result.

at night when i wash my hair (for the kms and l'oreal) and before straightening (for the t&g)

not really.

really thick, rich cream that makes my hair shiny, strong and protected from heat (protein) and the sun (spf) and also heals damage.

a) Non-Aerosol Spray
c) Jar
f) Tube
g) Other (please ask to specify) thick cream

c) 150mL spray
d) 200mL jar
e) 350mL jar

before i started using conditioning treatments i hated my hair, but really, those clever cosmetics companies have thought about a solution to just about everything, now i dont really have any complaints.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i did it coz i'm bored, so if you need another one here you go

Vo5 hot oil treatment, runny oily golden stuff that comes in little twist-top clear tubes, 3 to a box. You heat it up in hot water, apply it to your (wet!) hair for 30 seconds, rinse off and wash/condition as normal.

Usually once fortnight, it makes my hair kinda weird if i do it more than that.

No i only use the one thing.

Woolies

Reading what it says it does on the bottle/tube + hairdresser recommendation

I use the Vo5 stuff because it makes my hair very shiny and healthy looking with minimal effort, it's cheap and it's relatively easy to use.

I used a pantene one once (i think that was the brand) which made my hair feel disgusting, didn't do what it said (shine, softness, bla bla bla) and it didn't smell too great.
The Vo5 one that i currently use can get a bit messy, but it's not a problem really.

I'd change the packaging. I'd rather it came in a spray bottle or similar. I find getting it all through my hair is hard sometimes with the tubes they use now.

The Vo5 treatment specifically says not to leave it on for more than 30 seconds. I have long hair and it's hard to get it all through within that time frame.

When I shower.

nothing that doesn't already exist, i know i can get it, and where, if i really want it.

A leave in, comb-through spray that you could put on either wet or dry hair, and use in conjunction with straighteners/blow dryers etc. it would eliminate frizz and add volume.

Non aerosol spray

150ml spray

Before I started using this stuff my hair was quite dull and prone to breakage, which is not so much the case anymore. it behaves. mostly.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A

Randomly, but mostly 2 times a week.

Yes, Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine leave-in

a) Salons: Bought treatments from Salons twice, but i didnt stick to them because i was lazy, and i never saw quick, good effects.
b) Supermarkets (i.e. Woolworths/Coles)
c) Department stores (e.g. K-Mart/Target/Big-W

c) Advertising
d) In-store packaging

All of the above :eek:

I personally prefer extra shiny hair. But, what i like about Garnier's Fructis is that its nicely scented, easy to manage, and i can use it on wet or dry hair. The price is also reasonable.

They dont smell that good, way too expensive, I hate to wait for ages to see its effect, and i dont really trust those ladies that work at Salons :\

I just don’t like the ones that have to stay on for a limited time, I like ones that are more convenient and don’t require you to follow a list of steps to apply it on.

Mostly after shampooing and conditioning my hair, to make sure that its super healthy and shiny. I also apply it at random times, whenever i've got nothing to do.

No

A really effective serum, that yields very quick results, and that doesnt have too much "chemicals" and stuff that would waste out your hair.

Serum
Bottle

I currently own a 200ml, bottle that you squeeze to get the serum out, pretty good, because i hate dipping my hands into a jar. I prefer to squeeze the stuff onto my finger tips.

Last edited:

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
How many treatments do you own? One

I use KMS Sleek and Shine Leave-in conditioner. I spray it on after towel drying my hair.

How often do you use treatments? Whenever I straighten my hair, so between 2 and 3 times a week.

Do you use some treatments more than others? If yes, then which treatments? Yes. I only have one at the moment but I've always used the KMS leave in conditioner the most.

a) Salons
b) Pharmacies (including Priceline, etc.)
c) Supermarkets (i.e. Woolworths/Coles)
d) Convenience stores (e.g. 7/11)
e) Department stores (e.g. K-Mart/Target/Big-W
f) Other (please ask to specify)

c) Advertising
d) In-store packaging

What do you like about each of the treatments that you currently use, i.e. why do you purchase them? The leave-in conditioner isn't too heavy which is good because my hair can easily be weighed down with product. It also smells nice and protects my hair pretty decently.

What did you dislike about treatments that you used in the past? I used a few Sunsilk and Pantene products before and they were all too heavy for my hair and made it look greasy a few hours after application.

If you could change one thing about each of the treatments that you currently use, what would it be? (Please identify the treatment you are discussing) Nothing really. I love it.

Have you found any treatments difficult to use? If yes, what specifically was difficult? Anything in shower that I'm meant to keep out of water for five minutes or more. I don't have five minutes to keep my hair out of the water and it's a hassle.

When do you use treatments (e.g. in the morning before work, after shampooing and conditioning your hair, at work)? After shampooing and conditioning my hair.

Do you wish to use treatments in a situation that you can’t with your current treatments (e.g. at clubs/at work)? If so, where? Not really.

What would be your ideal treatment, if one was made specifically to suit your needs? One that I could apply and would get rid of the frizz in my hair without weighing it down and making it look greasy (without straightening my hair).

a) Non-Aerosol Spray
b) Serum
c) Jar
d) Ampoule
e) Bottle
f) Tube
g) Other (please ask to specify)

a) 15mL sachet
b) 50mL serum
c) 150mL spray
d) 200mL jar
e) 350mL jar

Skeeta

HSC

Schwarzkopf Extra Care: Liquid Silk Spray Treatment 150mL- Comes in a spray pump, leave in.

D Fuse: Menz the enz to seal, nourish and protect stressed hair 150mL, Comes in a shampoo type bottle, Leave in.

D Fuse: Mask Treatment for weekly d-stresses of all damaged hair, 250gm, white goop in a jar

After I've had my hair bleached, every time i wash my hair (every three days), but then varies once my hair feels healthier, to between once a week/fortnight

My favourite isw the schwartzkopf for everday use, but the pump is pretty shitty so i dont tend to use it as often. The pump makes it really easy (if it worked) and its a lighter, than the heavy masks. Dfuse is amazing, but pricey so I dont use it as often, plus its more for when my hair is fried out of its brains

Usually my Hairdresser, but sometimes the supermarket

a) Stylist recommendation - said it was cheaper than the instore treatments and worked as effectively

Schwarzkopf is easy with pump, light for everyday use

DFuse give amazing treatment but often weighs hair down, and priicey

N/A

I'd make the goddamn pump unblocked

Not really. At first it was hard to determine how much product was needed and for how long it needed to stay on. Trial and error

After shampooing and conditioning and before straightening, usually of a night time

I prefer leave in treatments because then i can use them anytime, as opposed to a mask which is need to rinse

I wouldnt mind a teeny tiny version i could put in my handbag, yknow how some companies give you the big one and a little one for free? Some perfumes do. Its good. Something that DOESNT make my hair look greasy. Some companies do the whole moisture overload thing, which is never cool - especially with blonde hair

a) Non-Aerosol Spray

c) 150mL spray

stazi

Nightman
HSC
thanks guys :) also looking forward to hearing from some non-treatment users. they get a different survey. so do people who've used them before, but stopped.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Never used them.

Do want the 10 bucks.

Also why are you using l'Oreal products as an example Mr P&G?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
because they're quite well known at the moment, due to the heavy advertising they're doing. If I showed a Pantene treatment there wouldn't be much recognition.

and you have to be female ;)

ccalpito89

HSC
I just splurged the other day at price attack or whatever its called. I hardly use anything for my hair.

i bought a pink babyliss hairdryer.

1) Hair moisturiser ( I have a lot of dry ends)
2) Spray on Heat protection
3) Some Serum.

yes theres my hair routine!
do i need to have actual names of the product hahaha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)