Hair Treatments (1 Viewer)

jirwin

HSC
ive never used them so i'll do the survey for u. btw, whats the survey for?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
ccalpito89 said:
I just splurged the other day at price attack or whatever its called. I hardly use anything for my hair.

i bought a pink babyliss hairdryer.

1) Hair moisturiser ( I have a lot of dry ends)
2) Spray on Heat protection
3) Some Serum.

yes theres my hair routine!
do i need to have actual names of the product hahaha
Yep, you'll need the actual names. Let's wait a few days after you use the items and you can answer the survey.

jirwin said:
ive never used them so i'll do the survey for u. btw, whats the survey for?
The survey is for a company that I work for. It's going to be used to come up with awesome new products that people really want for their hair - at the moment most hair care companies (mine included) have found a technology for treatments and then tried to market it. I'm going to try and reverse that: actually find out exactly what needs people have, and why hardly anyone uses treatments at the moment, then come up with a solution.

So, your survey, kind lady (yours is quite brief, but i may ask further questions based on your responses):

Treatments are traditionally seen as ‘third-step products’, in that they are to be applied after shampooing and conditioning your hair. However, an increasing number of treatments may be used at any time of the day. Treatments can be rinse-off (i.e. you need to use them in the shower) or leave-on (i.e. you just put them in your hair and continue on with your day). Treatments are generally quite intensive and results can be seen very quickly. Benefits can include anti-frizz, fortifying and conditioning.

What are some of the reasons explaining why you don’t use treatments?

What would a treatment need to offer to make you purchase it?

How do you decide which hair care products you will purchase?
a) Stylist recommendation
b) Friend/family recommendation
c) Advertising
d) In-store packaging
e) In-store price reductions
f) Hair need (if so, which need)

Do you have any friends who use treatments? If so, why do you think they use them?

Any other comments/feedback?

jirwin

HSC
What are some of the reasons explaining why you don’t use treatments?
I don't like the idea of dieing, colouring, foils etc of hair. Don't see a reason why someone should do it etc. It seems like waste of money. Then from doing it, you may need to get other treatments to keep your hair looking the same which costs time and money. If your natural hair requires treatment then its fine, but if its before u've done something to it then its your own fault.

What would a treatment need to offer to make you purchase it?
not exactly a girly girl so thats probably one reason why i havent purchased them so far. but i guess anything that is reasonably priced and not time consuming.

How do you decide which hair care products you will purchase?
c) Advertising
d) In-store packaging

ahh i dont buy them... i guess it would depend on what my hair needed then i would read the bottles etc. maybe talk to some people. depends on the situation.

Do you have any friends who use treatments? If so, why do you think they use them?
I have friends that colour their hairs upteen times a year. Apparently they get "bored" of the colour or some other ridiculous excuse. No idea whether they use other treatments, as i said, not a girly girl so they wouldnt really talk to me about stuff like this anyway.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
so you don't use any product on your hair, not even styling products?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
cool, thanks.

still looking for more non or ex-treatment users. preferably those who could potentially consider using a treatment if they saw a benefit in it (e.g. they want to make their hair less wiry).

CieL

HSC
stazi said:
thanks guys :) also looking forward to hearing from some non-treatment users. they get a different survey. so do people who've used them before, but stopped.
OoooOoo that'll be me =]

K

katie_tully

fyi i bought some elvive anti breakage cream today. ill let you know how it pans out.

sXcGuRl69aU

I'M BREAKING LOLZ
HSC
ccalpito89 said:
I just splurged the other day at price attack or whatever its called. I hardly use anything for my hair.

i bought a pink babyliss hairdryer.
tsk tsk, should have bought a parlux 3500

stazi

Nightman
HSC
CieL said:
OoooOoo that'll be me =]
alita said:
Used them more than 3 months ago. Let me know if you need me to fill in the survey.

Ex-Users of Treatments

What specific treatments have you used in the past (please be specific: i.e. brands, container type, whether they were leave-on/rinse-off)?
Sample response: I use Pantene Daily Moisture Renewal jars. I rinse it off after use.

Why did you decide to purchase a treatment?
c) Advertising
d) In-store packaging

What did you like about treatments that you used in the past?

What did you dislike about treatments that you used in the past?

What, specifically, made you stop using treatments?

Were the treatments difficult to use? If yes, what specifically was difficult?

When did you use treatments (e.g. in the morning before work, after shampooing and conditioning your hair, at work)?

What would a treatment need to offer to make you use treatments again?

Which form would you desire from a treatment?
a) Non-Aerosol Spray
b) Serum
c) Jar
d) Ampoule
e) Bottle
f) Tube
g) Other (please ask to specify)

What would be an ideal treatment package size for you:
a) 15mL (trial pack/sachet)
b) 50mL
c) 150-200mL
d) 350-500mL

Thank you very much for your time. Your responses are invaluable and will be used to improve the treatments strategy for Pantene in Australia.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Malfoy said:
I'll fill it in. I rarely use treatments but I do colour my hair about every 3-4 weeks.
if you have used them before, can you fill out the survey directly above this post.

cheers brother.

CieL

HSC
Ex-Users of Treatments

What specific treatments have you used in the past (please be specific: i.e. brands, container type, whether they were leave-on/rinse-off)?
Sample response: I use Pantene Daily Moisture Renewal jars. I rinse it off after use.

I used Shiseido intensive treatment hair masks, jars/tub kinda thing. Rinse-off.

Why did you decide to purchase a treatment?
c) Advertising
d) In-store packaging
I went through a period [about 3yrs] of constantly colouring and bleaching my hair

What did you like about treatments that you used in the past?
I have dark dark hair, and I used to dye it heaps lighter, so the hair would end up dry, thin, tangles and breaks easily. Treatments seemed like a quick fix and a solution for having the hair colour I wanted without the feeling of major damage. It made my hair fuller, wayyyyyyyyyyyyy softer, and it just felt [physically and mentally] better.

What did you dislike about treatments that you used in the past?
Nothing really.
Only the fact that I had to wait until I could rinse it off.

What, specifically, made you stop using treatments?
I stopped dying my hair. I couldnt be bothered to use it anymore. And I bought it in Japan so I couldnt get the same one in Australia.

Were the treatments difficult to use? If yes, what specifically was difficult?
No it was hell easy. It came in a package. They gave you an extra gentle shampoo, and the treatment. It's like applying everyday shampoo and conditioner.

When did you use treatments (e.g. in the morning before work, after shampooing and conditioning your hair, at work)?
In the morning when I shower. It came with a shampoo so I just replaced it with my normal daily routine.

What would a treatment need to offer to make you use treatments again?
What a good shampoo and conditioner can't do. I just started using another Shiseido product. Some shampoo and conditioner with Tsubaki in it. Feels just as good as a treatment, but it's not.

Which form would you desire from a treatment?
a) Non-Aerosol Spray
b) Serum
c) Jar
d) Ampoule
e) Bottle
f) Tube
g) Other (please ask to specify)

What would be an ideal treatment package size for you:
a) 15mL (trial pack/sachet)
b) 50mL
c) 150-200mL
d) 350-500mL

Pumps suck. You can never get the stuff at the bottom without beating the shit out of the bottle

Thank you very much for your time. Your responses are invaluable and will be used to improve the treatments strategy for Pantene in Australia.[/quote]

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Interesting...so you replaced a conditioner with the treatment?

CieL

HSC
Yes. On the days I did the treatment.

shortstraw999

HSC
non-treatment user, soon-to-be treatment user!

i suppose the reason why some pple like me dont use treatments, is just due to marketing? the word itself "treatment" gives the impression of a lottt of hassle and effort required, until one does some investigation into it .. imagine if botox was advertised as "eyebrow-muscle paralyser" instead of "wrinkle-remover" :p

i will be looking to buy one soon tho, i would want to need to use it as little as possible - maybe twice a week, and still feel the effects, i'd get it if 1) i received a good recommendation regarding effect & how much care is needed 2) its within a comfortable price range. and no idea abt the other questions in the survey :)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
you should get a pantene TRT lah :shy:

what kind of effect do you want? what are your current hair problems? why are you considering using treatments in the first place?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)