Half-Life 2 v Halo 2 v Doom 3 (1 Viewer)

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Which one is the best out of the leading three?

State reasons.

I support Halflife2, i tried Halo 1, its quite good too.

Doom 3 is scary, could'nt survive without cheats.

artfaggette

dongs
HSC
Commander Keen is 240 kb of gaming goodness, the AI is just incredible ;)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
None of them have anything on Perfect Dark.

*awaits flames

Jeo

oh man, what the... I thought I preloaded HL2, and now it's loading all over again :(

Bone577

HSC
N/A
HL2m if it is half as good as I think it is, and considering I don't like Halo nor Doom3 very much, HL2 has got my vote.

TimeAndTide

Kage Bunshin No Jutsu
HSC
They say Half-life 2 is going to be the mother of all FPS games....when it comes out, but I think Halo 2's still good. But HL2 will fucking kill my computer. *Pats AMD 1400*

ScubaSteve

I just finished Half-Life 2 ("Time" Gordon). The box has this little quote aswell.. "The Best game ever made..", couldn't agree more.. HL2 is absolutely awesome, it should have been longer (especially for 5 discs), and have alot more storyline development.. But still an awesome predecessor. Doom 3 was a disapointment, and Yes, the ending is cheesy, okay gameplay though. I've only hired Halo-2 for two nights (got about 3 quarters through, guestimate), it's okay and they've added alot of new gameplay modes (playing as covenant).. But still only "okay", I'll wait for the pc version before I purchase it.

My vote is definately for Half-Life two.

ScubaSteve

I don't see what the fuss is with Halo2, perhaps because halo1 is the only decent game on xbox to date. But, other than that halo2 still isn't that great, it's the same 3d platform plus a few extra vehicles, missions and lame weapons.

PC games shit all over xbox & Halo..

theone123

blue essence
HSC
HoloHoaxVictim said:
I just finished Half-Life 2 ("Time" Gordon). The box has this little quote aswell.. "The Best game ever made..", couldn't agree more.. HL2 is absolutely awesome, it should have been longer (especially for 5 discs), and have alot more storyline development.. But still an awesome predecessor. Doom 3 was a disapointment, and Yes, the ending is cheesy, okay gameplay though. I've only hired Halo-2 for two nights (got about 3 quarters through, guestimate), it's okay and they've added alot of new gameplay modes (playing as covenant).. But still only "okay", I'll wait for the pc version before I purchase it.

My vote is definately for Half-Life two.
wat spec. comp do u have, and how does teh games run on ur comp.

i need to find out b4 buying such a large investment :p

ScubaSteve

ASUS k8v SE deluxe, getting new motherboard soon.
3700 Athlon, underclocked to 2.5 ghz
1 gig ram, corsair
Radeon x800 pro
74 gig raptor, 10,000 rpm (plus an external 80gig, 5,000rpm)

To play Half-Life2 successfully you'll need 2ghz+ processing & atleast 500 mhz ram, but you might get away with less.. Not sure about the gamecard, Radeon 9600 (or equivelent) will probably do, but make sure your drivers are up-to-date.

equiski

HSC
HoloHoaxVictim said:
PC games shit all over xbox & Halo..
QUICKLY!! EVERYWAN SEL THERE XBOX AND HALO CAUSE THIS GUY ON THE INTERNET SAID ITS NUFFINGF WITHOUT STATING ANY RESONS!! HE MUST BE RIGTHT. NEVAR MIND THAT HALO SOLD OVER 5 MILLION UNITS CAUSE OBVIOUSLY PC GAMES SHIT ALL OVA IT.

PS I was hoping to see what people liked more between Halflife 2 and Farcry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)