Half Life 2 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Immolate

Elvish Warrior!
HSC
Well people, the most eagerly anticipated game (well by me anyway) is almost out! Gabe Newell and the team at Valve have put blood sweat and tears into this game (lets not hope literally) to change the world of gaming. I'm sure the gamers out there have read the previews, seen the screenshots, watched the E3 previews etc.

This game is just purely amazing, the G-Man himself has 40 muscles in his face, and the characters are water based, I'm guessing for more.. smoothness.. or something.

I found this feature article on GameSpot detailing the whole development of the game.. from right after Half Life 1's release, to the hacking the Valve systems, to the current day: http://www.gamespot.com/features/6112889/?q=1&tag=gs_hp_topslot_click

Anyway, what are your thoughts?

HSC
I'm keen. It'll be a few days after release by the time I get my copy, but I'm still looking forward to it, the first one was fantastic, and I don't really see any reason to expect the new one to be anything but the same :)

is a roflcopter
HSC
im pretty keen as well
might actually buy a game for once

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Haha, finally it's here.

If it actually lives up to what little expectations I have left, I plan to buy it, but I'm afraid it'll fail as a sequel.

Immolate

Elvish Warrior!
HSC
Hey guys,

Just picked up my preordered copy from EB today. Believe me when I say it lives upto it's expectations. I haven't gotten really far, but it's amazing.

ScubaSteve

what's this about ATI Radeon people getting a free copy? explain plz.

The storyline is laching, you're gordon freeman (or "free-man"), released by the green-eyed guy back into the world, blah blah, you get some vehicles, kill some people and eventually you've killed everything and you're talking to the green-eyed guy again and ready for half-life3.

Best Line: "If you do see him, tell him I said FU..(scramble)..YOU!"

theone123

blue essence
HSC
HoloHoaxVictim said:
what's this about ATI Radeon people getting a free copy? explain plz.

The storyline is laching, you're gordon freeman (or "free-man"), released by the green-eyed guy back into the world, blah blah, you get some vehicles, kill some people and eventually you've killed everything and you're talking to the green-eyed guy again and ready for half-life3.

Best Line: "If you do see him, tell him I said FU..(scramble)..YOU!"
If u have previously bought a ATI Radeon, u get a Half life 2 voucher in the box, which you can redeem to get the real copy when its out, and now its out. They have this before the game was out like 6 months ago. A few of my friends got a free copy.

ScubaSteve

Immolate said:
This game is just purely amazing, the G-Man himself has 40 muscles in his face, and the characters are water based, I'm guessing for more.. smoothness.. or something.
I played this game through once entirely and I'm currently 2 thirds through again, and I don't recall ever seeing the "G-Mans" face on-screen, at all.

TheOne123, I bought a Radeon 9800 Pro a couple months back (I've updated since then) and the box has no voucher/coupon to collect Half-Life2.. Not that it matters anyway, I've already bought it.

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
just wondering, whats the miimum type of video card for it and how much would it cost?

theone123

blue essence
HSC
HoloHoaxVictim said:
I played this game through once entirely and I'm currently 2 thirds through again, and I don't recall ever seeing the "G-Mans" face on-screen, at all.

TheOne123, I bought a Radeon 9800 Pro a couple months back (I've updated since then) and the box has no voucher/coupon to collect Half-Life2.. Not that it matters anyway, I've already bought it.
it should say on the front of teh box, i dunno, maybe they gav u teh older ver. of teh ATi Radeons :p cuz a few of my friends already got there hands on it.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
mr_speedy said:
just wondering, whats the miimum type of video card for it and how much would it cost?
its on sale at target, big w etc. cost about 78 atm. <----- introductory offer. EB and RRP is 89.

is a roflcopter
HSC
just brought it today from myer
got a very good deal
erm still decrypting hl2 game files wtf?
how long does it take gg

i think the free HL2 vouchers only came with the XT cards

Immolate

Elvish Warrior!
HSC
HoloHoaxVictim said:
Did you watch the beginning? :p

I'm upto "Sandpits", not sure how far through that is. The G-Man also occasionally pops up in places;

http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~jameswh/gman.JPG

ScubaSteve

mr_speedy said:
The game box says a "Direct X 7 graphics card", Quite vaque. But that's the "minimum" requirements, and you probably wont be able to buy that anymore. I noticed though, even though I have an X800 it still told me my driivers were too old, so I suggest to update all your software, drivers, etc.

ScubaSteve

Immolate said:
Did you watch the beginning? :p

I'm upto "Sandpits", not sure how far through that is. The G-Man also occasionally pops up in places;
I stand corrected. The "Sandpits is about half way through, that's when you get the "Bug-Bait" I think, which is fun. I Just looked at your screenshot and saw who you were talking about, my bad, I always assumed the "G-Man" was "G"ordon Free"Man". In that case, yes, I can see how they would've used 40 muscles, he also appears at the end and blubbers on about time for a while without any plot development.

Last edited by a moderator:

Immolate

Elvish Warrior!
HSC
Heh. Yeah, this bug bait stuff is pretty cool. I'm upto Nova Prospekt at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)