Half Yearlies RANT, MOTIVATE + DISCUSS (1 Viewer)

silentdreamer

HSC
mine are mid term 2 I think, so not stressed yet. but good luck to those with exams this term!

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Mine are week 2 next term

Being studying 6hrs a day on school days and 10 on weekends

Hope I'm going to go well

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
My school is supposedly going to cram all our exams into one week, so it's likely that people are going to do 2 exams a day.
My school's always had morning, middle of the day and afternoon exams, it's not common for someone to get 2 exams on the one day although its usually spread out over a 2 week period. The hardest part is avoiding clashes

I don't see how sexual innuendo's are relevant to this thread. LOL.
So lost...
They're not :)

jamesfirst

HSC
I tried in beginning of year 11

then didn't give a crap in the middle :)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
We have 3 exam sessions a day, I know someone who has three on the Monday. I have two days where I have two. I envy all those that have the hols to revise. My yearlies are the last week of yr 11 in september, with maybe some the end of second last week.

To the person with the 100% Maths Ext 1 exam, very bizarre. My school has a maths ext. exam end of each term. Never seen a class with such a high weighting on one exam, the only subjects at my school with high weighting exams are languages. (e.g French yearly is worth 70%) All my tasks are smallish percentages. (Like I have a 20% English assignment which is probably my biggest weighting on anything)

annagurl

HSC
N/A
To the person with the 100% Maths Ext 1 exam, very bizarre. My school has a maths ext. exam end of each term. Never seen a class with such a high weighting on one exam, the only subjects at my school with high weighting exams are languages. (e.g French yearly is worth 70%) All my tasks are smallish percentages. (Like I have a 20% English assignment which is probably my biggest weighting on anything)
My school is weird. The pressure of having everything based on one exam sucks.
But we have several 2u exams :D
Today I had my 2u exam... I was hoping for 90+ but I think i'll only get 80+ because I blanked during the exam D:
If I come last in my ext. class, i'm gonna rage quit and join general math [jokes]

annagurl

HSC
N/A
My school's always had morning, middle of the day and afternoon exams, it's not common for someone to get 2 exams on the one day although its usually spread out over a 2 week period. The hardest part is avoiding clashes
In the past, my school spread it out to 2-3 weeks. But now they're using us as guinea pigs to see how we perform with everything crammed into a week. I think the exams will be based on the lines, so not everyone will be doing the exam at the same time [that's the only way I could think you'd be able to do it].

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I've had my first two exams now, four to go!

First exam: :chainsaw: (It was kinda bad) Estimate: 75 ish
Second exam: *happy* (Fairly easy and think I did well) Estimate 90 ish

I'll update once I've done my other four :) And then after I get my results back, I'll see how bad I am at estimating.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Well I was going to wait till I'd done but I've still got one more to go BUT...

Third exam: Way easier than expected, Expecting about 90%
Fourth exam: Alot harder than expected :( I reckon I would have gotten mid 80-s to high 80-s
Fifth exam: Really good, I'm confident of a 90% ish

For my sixth exam, I haven't studied for it yet :S But I'm resting today and cramming tomorrow/day after.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I want to do half yearlies. How come some schools have it so early? :-(

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Half yearlies for year 11 now would be awesome. Hardly anything could be tested on.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
^^^Wow exam brain frazzled, can't believe I didn't say which subject was which :p Order was English, Economics, Maths, Bio, Modern History and I have Chemistry later.
^^ and ^ Most subjects like maths it was great cause it was like not really a half yearly, more like a topic test. Other subjects it was actually surprisingly alot of material covered for one term and required really in depth answers. My yearlies for preliminaries are like normal time though, last week of Term 3. (I might have to sit some exams in the second last week cause I'm going overseas though).

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Well final update
Sixth exam (chemistry): :cry: I spent all this time studying and then it asked some really awkwardly phrased questions (not clear) and also was geared towards an experiment the other chem class did and not us. (So it was kinda bias for the other class whose teacher wrote the exam), all my multiple class tests were written by other teachers that taught one of the other classes but this was the only bias one. I'd memorized all the polyatomics and bonding stuff and it wasn't needed much :( I made a summary following the syllabus dot points and I really thought I'd covered everything but I guess not. I just feel annoyed that I will lose marks not based on my lack of knowledge but for silly reasons....

Oh well I'm just happy it's holidays now :spin:
I just never want to get my english and chem half yearly results back!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)