• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Half Yearlies. (1 Viewer)

Rackshea

HSC
Is it just me or whenever you do half yearlies (or any exam for that matter), the things you study for are usually never in the test, or they are but only one question is asked on it ?

madharris

HSC
N/A
Not just you. I spent an hour before an exam, trying to remember this one thing. It wasn't in the exam.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Detailed knowledge is key. Knowledge of the syllabus is a must.

jnney

lemon
HSC
well they can't test you on everything, lol. :p

Rackshea

HSC
Detailed knowledge is key. Knowledge of the syllabus is a must.
There's too much to remember in the syllabus.

Not just you. I spent an hour before an exam, trying to remember this one thing. It wasn't in the exam.
That was sort of like my IPT exam. I spent so much time on Communications, There was only like 2 questions on it.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Never too much to remember. All men were created equal, some word harder in pre-season.

The Rackshea I knew in primary school was confident.

jnney

lemon
HSC
if you dont study for everything, how can you ensure that you will be able to attain the maxiumum marks possible?

Rackshea

HSC
Never too much to remember. All men were created equal, some word harder in pre-season.

The Rackshea I knew in primary school was confident.
Are you kidding me ? I was worse in primary school. You should know that. It's like 30 pages of rubbish. How is that "NEVER TOO MUCH"

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
One enjoys what he does and he will never have to remember anything.

Reminds me, you played Pokemon on your DS at lunch time in Year 6.

Rackshea

HSC
One enjoys what he does and he will never have to remember anything.

Reminds me, you played Pokemon on your DS at lunch time in Year 6.
It wasn't a DS. It was a Gameboy Advanced SP. And bulls**t man. There's so much to remember. I guess I'll do some reading over the school holidays.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Then explain how I remember all my maths stuff? With only 1-3 hours of work a week.

viraj30

HSC
in my maths test they didnt ask a whole chapter and i spent my most time on it!!!

Rackshea

HSC
Then explain how I remember all my maths stuff? With only 1-3 hours of work a week.
Because it's easy for you to remember things ? I could hardly remember anything in primary school, probably because of my Year 6 teacher, but that's beside the point. What is there even to remember from the syllabus ? Just the stuff we're tested on ?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
You may not understand the structure of the syllabus and what they can ask. Your school use the Sam Davis text?

Didn't we have Ms K. back in 06?

Rackshea

HSC
You may not understand the structure of the syllabus and what they can ask. Your school use the Sam Davis text?

Didn't we have Ms K. back in 06?
What is the Sam Davis text ? It's not that I don't understand it, it's more there's too much reading, and I can't remember everything. No I had Ms P. in Year 6. She ruined my life.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I liked Miss P.

Your school probably uses the Jacaranda text then. The Sam Davis textbook is comprehensive (too comprehensive for the HSC.) Covers the course in extreme detail. Only $67.95 (including delivery). It's a worthwhile investment.

http://www.pedc.com.au/ipt.php

Rackshea

HSC
I liked Miss P.

Your school probably uses the Jacaranda text then. The Sam Davis textbook is comprehensive (too comprehensive for the HSC.) Covers the course in extreme detail. Only $67.95 (including delivery). It's a worthwhile investment.

http://www.pedc.com.au/ipt.php
Yes, we use the Jacaranda text. I'm not spending $67.95 on a textbook I'm gonna be using for another 23 weeks and never use again. Waste of money. I didn't like Ms P. She accused me of things I never did.

ismeta

HSC
I used the Sam Davis text (school loaned it to us). I read it once, in full, and it did help me get that extra detail in. But it's *definitely* too detailed. e.g. goes into Hoffman compression.

AshleighMilne

HSC

jamesischool

Forum Lurker
HSC
Uni Grad
oh yea always happens to me. the thing which i struggle with the most and spend the most time on is what is never in the test. today i had my physics half yearly and was betting that based on past papers the focus would be on space. luckily it was and my space focused study worked out :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)