Half yearly marks and ranks + thoughts (1 Viewer)

Chocolat

HSC
Well, my results so far are as follows:

English Adv: 32/35 --> 90% (no idea of rank)
Mathematics: 84% :D (I know it might not seem to good, but omg I seriously thought I had failed it!)
Biology: 43/50 --> 86% (was originally 84% but she forgot to count a mark :O) I was 2nd in this task, but I am still 1st overall.
French Cont: 36/40 --> 90% Rank: 1st :D:D:D My favourite subject <3

Overall, I am pretty pleased. Annoyed that I could have done better in English if I had had just 5 more minutes to finish a response. I also made some dumb mistakes in Bio....and in Maths, if I had kept my cool I could have obtained a mark in the high 80s low 90s....ahhhhhh! But oh well. :D

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Chocolat said:

Mathematics: 84% :D (I know it might not seem to good, but omg I seriously thought I had failed it!)
Biology: 43/50 --> 86% (was originally 84% but she forgot to count a mark :O) I was 2nd in this task, but I am still 1st overall.

Overall, I am pretty pleased. Annoyed that I could have done better in English if I had had just 5 more minutes to finish a response. I also made some dumb mistakes in Bio....and in Maths, if I had kept my cool I could have obtained a mark in the high 80s low 90s....ahhhhhh! But oh well. :D
Awesome marks. Proud of ya. :)

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
nichhhole said:
i got 42.5/50for modern [highest was 45]
and 48/50 for SOR1... [highest 49]..
i'm yet to receive English back.

& i'd prefer not to talkabout Mathematics. ;)

i'm stoked with modern and SOR..
it was quite a feat...
[i could brag about how i honestly didnt study before the day...but i wont.]
[oh, i just did.]
haha :)

i actually studied for maths.... and failed dismally.
:(
Chocolat said:

Tis sexy marks both of you got in your exams :uhhuh:

As for my marks, here is where they stand at the moment:
Legal Studies - 96/100, 2nd in exam, equal 2nd overall. Improvement from equal 5th before, but I desire first rank here.
Extension 1 English - 21/25 for critical response and 19/25 for creative piece for 40/50 overall, no idea of ranks. Pretty good, considering I didn't feel strongly about my critical response and had no idea as usual during the creative writing.
English Advanced - 31/45, no idea of ranks. No comment. Twas shit.
Extension 2 Maths - 113/120, 1st in exam and overall. Just a recap.

Will get Physics and SOR1 back soon.

idling fire

HSC
English Advanced: 44/45 (equal 1st)
Physics prac: 23/25 (not sure about rank, top 3?)
Chem prac: 20/25 (dunno, somewhere bad)
2u Maths: 74/85 (RUBBISH, lucky to be in top 20 with that :( )
Music 1: 35/40 (top 3?)

Haven't done EE1 yet, and no results for 3u maths (crap, no doubt)

Not good at all since I'm aiming for rank 1 in all but 3U maths and music.
I fail personal goals :(

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
It's interesting to see that what some people define as crap marks otherwise would be very proud to achieve.

Sorrow

HSC
N/A
Sigh, I really didn't perform in my half-yearlies. I am ranked first and near first in only a few of my subjects, but for my ranks, the marks were actually bad. If you ask what bad is, it is below 70s and 60s. I hate it because I know I can do better, but I didn't. There isn't much point anyway to better myself, I won't come close to a UAI of 90+. The day I receive my UAI = suicide.

Sorry to down on everyone else's good marks.

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
Sorrow said:
Sigh, I really didn't perform in my half-yearlies. I am ranked first and near first in only a few of my subjects, but for my ranks, the marks were actually bad. If you ask what bad is, it is below 70s and 60s. I hate it because I know I can do better, but I didn't. There isn't much point anyway to better myself, I won't come close to a UAI of 90+. The day I receive my UAI = suicide.

Sorry to down on everyone else's good marks.
ok, now you're just crying for attention.

In the HSC, the ranks are more important that the marks you receive,...
the ranked very well...

If your marks were bad and u were ranked 'first and near first' in your subjects, take a moment from your pathetic suicidal thoughts to consider the 100ish other students who were below your 'first and near first' rank, and what their marks are considered if your marks are considered 'actually bad'.

While i understand that we all have different standards, and that some people arent satisfied with a mark that others might be stoked it, i feel that your comment is excessive. [now thats something considering i myself seek entrance into combined law at Usyd, and a UAI of at least 95+]

YOU CAME RANKED FIRST IN MULTIPLE SUBJECTS.

'There isn't much point anyway to better myself, I won't come close to a UAI of 90+. '
I don't like your attitude.

HSC
bored6 said:
Damn SS I want your legal mark @_@.
well my boy as long as i am here you have no chance even dicko has you cover and lancen said he wants to rape you :D

Sorrow

HSC
N/A
nichhhole said:
ok, now you're just crying for attention.

In the HSC, the ranks are more important that the marks you receive,...
the ranked very well...

If your marks were bad and u were ranked 'first and near first' in your subjects, take a moment from your pathetic suicidal thoughts to consider the 100ish other students who were below your 'first and near first' rank, and what their marks are considered if your marks are considered 'actually bad'.

While i understand that we all have different standards, and that some people arent satisfied with a mark that others might be stoked it, i feel that your comment is excessive. [now thats something considering i myself seek entrance into combined law at Usyd, and a UAI of at least 95+]

YOU CAME RANKED FIRST IN MULTIPLE SUBJECTS.

'There isn't much point anyway to better myself, I won't come close to a UAI of 90+. '
I don't like your attitude.
As for the attention crying, marks are something I value in "excess". People can call it stupid, attention seeking, or just stubborn. For your other comment, I didn't come first in multiple subjects, I just had about three or four single digit ranks, and one of those is rank one for a shitty mark. For your last comment, yeah, most people don't, but it shouldn't really bother anyone how I approach it, I am the only one of who I know who has to worry about the UAI I receive.

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
Sorrow said:
For your other comment, I didn't come first in multiple subjects, I just had about three or four single digit ranks, and one of those is rank one for a shitty mark.
but yet... Original comment:

Sorrow said:
Sigh, I really didn't perform in my half-yearlies. I am ranked first and near first in only a few of my subjects, .
i do apologise if i misinterpreted it wrong, perhaps you should have clarified.

Sorrow said:
But it shouldn't really bother anyone how I approach it, I am the only one of who I know who has to worry about the UAI I receive.
of course, but yet;
If you ask what bad is...
doesn't that imply that you are aware thatwe do take interest in the Uai you receive?

The day I receive my UAI = suicide.
ALot of people mention this jokingly as an extreme, but with a username like 'sorrow' and taking into account some of your other posts and threads- i am concerned..
[and yes i am aware that me dissecting your comments isnt constructive.]

Please do seek some help/talk to someone....
you shoudlnt be defined bythe marks you receive.

:eek:

noobsgetowned

HSC
^^ Your my hero Nich =D

I was going to say the exact thing, Thanks for saying it for me :D

Sorrow, Take Nichs advice because you wont get that from many people. As for suicide, Thats not a good option. It seems easy but you dont know what will happen after you do that. You have life, Make the best out of it. Have fun, enjoy and be happy. Getting a UAI 90+ isnt everything.

Even if you did do bad in half yearlies, It doesnt mean its the end of the world as im sure your half yearlies arent worth more than 25%. As long as you do well in your Trials and the real Exam paper, You should be fine. I say this because your ranks are decent so they shouldnt put you down, be positive and Happy.

Dont think about suicide as an option in life, because it isnt one. =]

Cheers
sulmar

shanenjesse4eva

HSC
english i got 7/15 and 27/45
maths i got 49/80 and i got the top of my class
pdhpe i got 30%
and business studies i dont know yet :)

Chocolat

HSC
Everything was going reasonable until I got back Chemistry :(. I studied my bloody arse off for that exam, with my selective Chem buddy (haha I know I drove him insane with all my ceaseless questions....) and arghhhhhhhh I still do bad :(. Though, truth being told, my teacher knows jack about the NSW HSC Chem syllabus and is adament that if you don't have exactly what she has in her answers, you must be wrong. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

On to happier news. French Extension was lovely 23/25. Rank: 1st :D:D:D. French saves me yet again. Seems like it's the only damn thing I can do well! haha...:)

jirwin

HSC
I AM SO HAPPY.

I got my General Maths result back today... 93% .... FIRST IN THE EXAM!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)