Half-yearly results (1 Viewer)

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
What were your half-yearly results for the english extension 1 exam and what elective did you study? (This applies to students of the 2001 and 2002 HSC's as well!)

I got 35/50 (quite disappointing and I was very under-prepared). The highest was 39/50. :(

ellipsis

HSC
My half yearly was just a speech (thank god I caught a break in at least one subject).
I generally suck at speeches because it really freaks me out getting up there in front of people.
I spent a good amount of time writing it though, and before I had to give it I recited it to a friend about 20 times (seriously ! I don't know how she coped, she doesn't even do ext 1)

Anyway , to end my ramble (sorries for that, but quite excited, only got it back today and still in a daze) I ended up with 9/10 and I'm so stoked with that ! I don't know anyone else's marks, and I know there will be a fair few 10's, but still *yay*:D

Oh, and it is Acts of Reading and Writing - like the least popular elective, which I haven't decided whether is a good or bad thing. Bad I suppose, since there are no resources. But at least I know my competition !

Jinglebell

HSC
we're doing Individual and Society. our half yearly consisted of an essay and a creative responsse, and i got 43/50 over-all. but i don't know if our teacher marked easy or what...i got 21/25 for the creative part, and i only wrote 2 pages, i was expecting a low mark coz i didn't write enough.

chip

HSC
we're doing retreat from the global and we had to a story and then a presentation about our story

i got 19/25 for my story but as usual my presentation let me down 16/25

so i ended up gettin 35/50 too........ not estatic but not heaps disapointed because i know i wont have to do an presentation for the actual HSC..........

tieki

I got 17/25 for both questions...34/50 was the equal lowest mark in the class... :-(
Highest was 42/50 though...I'll live, though, coz it was only worth 5% :)

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
ours was just a straight essay-exam....

and i got a straight 90%

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
hehe yeah I think it was a fluke

I am awaiting marks for an essay I just handed in, it was a last minute job and I didn't understand half the question so hehe Im not holding too much hope

parko

RN in 2007
HSC
flukes are cool! nice work year12!!

i havent had mine yet, its on tuesday morning (oh no....) it's responding to a static visual (ie- its gonna be a picture out of "High Noon" and we have to write about it)

not looking forward to it cos its pretty much impossible to prepare for (unless i can find this static image................)

parko :D

Calisc

HSC
Heh I have an assessment coming up on browning.. Gotta select a poem and do a speech on it etc etc...

Im really lost for it. If anyone has any help.. please give me a yell over email or pm

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
I got 39/50 ... but it was worth 0%, so who cares? Presentation begins on Friday! (the real assigment!) - Retreat from the Global.

Ac

chip

HSC
retreat from the global ah AC..... wats you take on it?

bone people or shipping news?

redhat

english is rididulous.
This person in our school blatantly just memorised a speech that his/her tutor/coach/ must have written. It was like 50x more complex than other speeches and 3/4 of the times everyone in the class was like "WTF does that word mean :(".

What is the point of English, if it is becoming a bloody memorising exercise??? The person probably has no idea wtf half the stuff means, or even what book he is doing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)