Half-Yearly Thoughts (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Doctor Jolly said:
Wow, those results are amazing! Especially in Maths, Physics and Legal - well done!

And I'm sure you will be able to get 99.85! You're so lucky, your school does UAI esitmates. I want to know what I'm going to get based on my half yearlys!!
You can still make an estimation of your UAI. Look at your school's history of academic achievements and the results that you are getting right now. I am constantly comparing my results with the ones from last year. Your estimates may be inaccurate but you can always see the position that you might be sitting. (by the way, it only works when your school's achievements are consistent throughout the years).

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Yeah, but like....people I expected to get 97s and 98s got like 92.5, and vice versa.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aerath said:
Yeah, but like....people I expected to get 97s and 98s got like 92.5, and vice versa.
I reckon term 2 is too early to give estimate.

During last and this term, many of the undercover nerds have risen in terms of academic achievements. But I know from the fact that their academic dominance is temporary. In the long run, they will be only remain as "undercover nerds". They have to be real nerds to break that barrier between them and the "real nerds".

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
lyounamu said:
I reckon term 2 is too early to give estimate.

During last and this term, many of the undercover nerds have risen in terms of academic achievements. But I know from the fact that their academic dominance is temporary. In the long run, they will be only remain as "undercover nerds". They have to be real nerds to break that barrier between them and the "real nerds".
Of course, that's why I'm saying that estimates now are really an unreliable science.

selablad

HSC
lyounamu said:
Yeah, 99.85 was the UAI I always wanted to get (somehow). It just looks really good.
You know, I was thinking just last night that if I moved to a UAI type place, I would really, really like to get a 99.85. There must be something truly awesome about that number :D

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
selablad said:
You know, I was thinking just last night that if I moved to a UAI type place, I would really, really like to get a 99.85. There must be something truly awesome about that number :D
Of course there is. It means that you are about the top 0.2% in the state.

HSC
lyounamu said:
This is a very in depth analysis you've done there!:uhhuh:

shaon0

HSC
Aerath said:
German was compulsory in Year 7. :p

But yeah, got reports back today, ranks are as follows:
English Advanced - 19/210
English Extension - 8/210
Maths - 2/210
Physics - 1/120
Chemistry - 11/114
Legal - 4/34

UAI estimate of 99.85 - came 4th in my grade. LOL 99.85 - dream the fuck on.
How can the school give UAI estimates? lol...probably because you go to Sydney boys High.
99.85 is really good but i think it is too early to give UAI estimates right now.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Exam marks|Overall|Rank
Applicable maths: 78%|80% |10/60
Calculus: 68%|67% |14/30
Chemistry 65%|66% |20/60
Economics 59%|64% |6/11
English 67%|69% |20/110
Physics 62%|65% |20/50

TER = UAI = 91, down from 94 before exams

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Aerath said:
German was compulsory in Year 7. :p

But yeah, got reports back today, ranks are as follows:
English Advanced - 19/210
English Extension - 8/210
Maths - 2/210
Physics - 1/120
Chemistry - 11/114
Legal - 4/34

UAI estimate of 99.85 - came 4th in my grade. LOL 99.85 - dream the fuck on.
Congrats on your rankings Aerath :). I wish my school gave UAI estimates, even though it's a bit early.

LD2W.banana

HSC
my school is weird... while other schools have their half yearlies, we have nothing ?:confused:

yvettemaree47

HSC
LD2W.banana said:
my school is weird... while other schools have their half yearlies, we have nothing ?:confused:
Same here. My school doesn't have half-yearly exams in yr 11 either. Instead they give lots of assignments and in class assessments. I think I would rather a half-yearly than a million other assessments with less weighting.

I got my report last week. I'm happy with most of my rankings... besides maths. Hehehmmm... could've done better in that subject.

SOR 1U- 10/111
Adv. English- 20/80
Ancient History- 1/52
Biology- 1/47
Chemistry- 3/24
Geography- 1/17
Maths- 26/46

That's really cool that your school has started to give UAI estimates this early, Aerath. Why can't my school do that?!

LD2W.banana

HSC
yvettemaree47 said:
Same here. My school doesn't have half-yearly exams in yr 11 either. Instead they give lots of assignments and in class assessments. I think I would rather a half-yearly than a million other assessments with less weighting.

I got my report last week. I'm happy with most of my rankings... besides maths. Hehehmmm... could've done better in that subject.

SOR 1U- 10/111
Adv. English- 20/80
Ancient History- 1/52
Biology- 1/47
Chemistry- 3/24
Geography- 1/17
Maths- 26/46

That's really cool that your school has started to give UAI estimates this early, Aerath. Why can't my school do that?!

i haven't been noticing any over the top in-class test or assignments ? my school is so weird LOL

out of curiosity. what are yu guys learning in Ancient ?

Last edited:

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
LD2W.banana said:
Yeah, some schools give heaps of assignments instead of exams. But I prefer exams over assignments anyday.

yvettemaree47

HSC
LD2W.banana said:
i haven't been noticing any over the top in-class test or assignments ? my school is so weird LOL

out of curiosity. what are yu guys learning in Ancient ?
We are currently learning about Otzi the Iceman. We just finished Tutankhamun. What about you guys?

Doctor Jolly said:
Yeah, some schools give heaps of assignments instead of exams. But I prefer exams over assignments anyday.
Same. For exams, if you know your stuff you'll be right. Assignments have a lot more work involved.

LD2W.banana

HSC
yvettemaree47 said:
We are currently learning about Otzi the Iceman. We just finished Tutankhamun. What about you guys?

Thutmose III - the warrior pharaoh :cool:

but previously to that, we were learning about Roman-britain, Boudica and Archaeological evidence

yvettemaree47

HSC
LD2W.banana said:
Thutmose III - the warrior pharaoh :cool:

but previously to that, we were learning about Roman-britain, Boudica and Archaeological evidence
We did the Archaelogical evidence topic too. I hated that topic! It was so boring... not a lot of interesting content.

AnandDNA

HSC
Got half-yrly reports and am slightly disappointed
Legal 1st/16
English adv 4th/64
Economics 6th/18
Maths adv 7th/58
Maths ext 8th/28
Physics 3rd/29
Studies of Religion 54/113 <<< lol we did only 1 assessment and i got 13/20 :(

oh and school rank isnt that good, 393 i believe. i got to put in alot more effort from now on

yvettemaree47

HSC
AnandDNA said:
Got half-yrly reports and am slightly disappointed
Legal 1st/16
English adv 4th/64
Economics 6th/18
Maths adv 7th/58
Maths ext 8th/28
Physics 3rd/29
Studies of Religion 54/113 <<< lol we did only 1 assessment and i got 13/20 :(

oh and school rank isnt that good, 393 i believe. i got to put in alot more effort from now on
Those results are good! Don't be too disappointed, it is only the 1st semester. Plus, that's the beauty of yr 11- We can make all the mistakes we want this year and they won't matter. All we can do is learn from them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)