Half yearly (1 Viewer)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Also schools doing exams at the start of next term will be studying, while the others can relax and take a break from the work. :)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
at the moment im studying business studies ! not a good feeling though as guilt keeps popping up in my head lol. we pose to have 2 topics but the teacher put in third : marketing, not the whole topic as we haven't done it. it's the best topic ! but i'll doubt ill have time to revise it in depth >_< " meh im not complaning though hehe. aiming at 6-10hrs of study, so i can finish change and management and the case study indepth. i work pretty well when i have to cram and under pressure so im hoping anyways ! good luck o6ers ..

Last edited:

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
Our's start on the monday. I tell you, it's never been so hard to maintain ranks as it is right now, people are coming out of the woodwork and producing top quality stuff right across the board.

royaaran

HSC
Ive done all my half yearlies and ive gotten most of my marks back
and let me tell you.......that was depressing...its made me change my whole study pattern. i failed chem and maths, just passed bio, 65% in society and culture, and now im waiting on my english..dont think it can get any worse though.

Abit of advise to anyone who studies 1 week before.Try and study more then just 1 week before exams. Im sure most of you are smart enough to study b4 hand unlike me

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Riviet said:
Also schools doing exams at the start of next term will be studying, while the others can relax and take a break from the work. :)
And thanks for that reminder. :)

I would rather have my exams before the hoildays as to continue the work momentum but such is life. Good luck once again to everyone begining and continuing exams!

milk biskit

HSC
so many of u guys have your half yearlys now? i had mine from thursday 16th march until wednesday 22nd march, and i already got my results back, surprised is the best word to describe them, if i can keep this up for my next bunch of assessments plus trials plus hsc, i rkn i can get uai of 99. ranks at skool are up on tues, wonder if im ranked in top 5 for each subject.*hopefully*

eng (adv)- 18/20
maths- 59/60
chem- 28.5/30
phys-28/30
modern- 23/25
eco- 28/30

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
milk biskit said:
so many of u guys have your half yearlys now? i had mine from thursday 16th march until wednesday 22nd march, and i already got my results back, surprised is the best word to describe them, if i can keep this up for my next bunch of assessments plus trials plus hsc, i rkn i can get uai of 99. ranks at skool are up on tues, wonder if im ranked in top 5 for each subject.*hopefully*

eng (adv)- 18/20
maths- 59/60
chem- 28.5/30
phys-28/30
modern- 23/25
eco- 28/30
congrats on the results, keep it up and im sure you can get 99+

milk biskit

HSC
timobr0 said:
congrats on the results, keep it up and im sure you can get 99+
thanx timobr0, hope u do well for hsc and best of luck to u. :D

Vaishali

HSC
life is abt moving on!!! but for moving on, u need a path! i cant see my future,,,,
chem kills me. maths confuses me... bio makes me feel sleepy.... what else is remaining?
any one willing to help with locus parabola,
acidic envrionment
plz helpppppppppppppp
thanks.
my half yearly starts from 5th april........ first is chem
good luck to me... i have made a new notebook fro the notes and have written heaps of stuff.... hope it all helps.

"Chubby"

HSC
royaaran said:
Ive done all my half yearlies and ive gotten most of my marks back
and let me tell you.......that was depressing...its made me change my whole study pattern. i failed chem and maths, just passed bio, 65% in society and culture, and now im waiting on my english..dont think it can get any worse though.

Abit of advise to anyone who studies 1 week before.Try and study more then just 1 week before exams. Im sure most of you are smart enough to study b4 hand unlike me

i think im going to be in the same situation as you when i get my marks back. I understand what ur going through. *sigh* lol

suchet_i

derka derka
HSC
i just finished the half yearlies last week. i started studying for it in the christmas holidays (not too much) and then pretty much slowed down on my entertainment as the term started. and all that payed off with the results i got!

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Had my economics exam today, went alright overall, finished everything on time, extended response was pretty straight forward, and pretty content overall. :)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Riviet said:
Had my economics exam today, went alright overall, finished everything on time, extended response was pretty straight forward, and pretty content overall. :)
i don't think i have ever finished an exam on time lol. for my prelims english exams i would have loved an extra 25-30 mins seeing that i missed out on a WHOLE section. was 1 and half hour exam btw. and my first business assessments i finished 25-30 early as all we had to do is memorize an essay and reproduce it in class. despite me writing so fast my hand didn't feel a thing ! the benefits when your under stress lol.

taki999

HSC
^ yeah i know what you mean.. yesterday i didnt finsih my english exam. i could only write 4 pages in 50 mins..so damn slow. After you get abit of a work out on your arms eh!?

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
taki999 said:
^ yeah i know what you mean.. yesterday i didnt finsih my english exam. i could only write 4 pages in 50 mins..so damn slow. After you get abit of a work out on your arms eh!?
lol. 4 pages in 50 minutes .. i only managed to write 6 pages in 2 hours for english.

had my maths (2u) exam today. i got home with a headache. - -''
2 1/2 hours of maths ain't fun i tell yah!

I'm a bit wary on how i went in both exams... i know i didn't do that great in english .. but i say i did averrage for 2u maths. i hope i get 70+ ...
for my maths exam, 12 pages of maths working out in 2 1/2 hours .. haha fun fun... = =''

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
we've only done one paper for the half yearly so far.

it consisted of:
- Unseen Material
- Creative Writing
- AoS Essay

lol..

Riviet

HSC
N/A
shinji said:
i got home with a headache. - -''
Yeah, I also just got back from my 3 unit exam, had a headache upon leaving the hall, it's starting to go away now. I finished the exam early and pretty satisifed, performance wise. =)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
taki999 said:
yep i hate time factor, english for me is on thursday. we have three tasks - listening task, essay and unseen passages. the essay question they gave us, but the stupid thing is that they put the listening task first ! grrr it's so gonna screw a lot of people's memory up (including mine lol). what im scared of about the english essay is that im gonna be brain dead after writing it and then i will find trouble doing the unseen passages, which i always have anyways lol.

shinji said:
lol. 4 pages in 50 minutes .. i only managed to write 6 pages in 2 hours for english.

had my maths (2u) exam today. i got home with a headache. - -''

I'm a bit wary on how i went in both exams... i know i didn't do that great in english .. but i say i did averrage for 2u maths. i hope i get 70+ ...
for my maths exam, 12 pages of maths working out in 2 1/2 hours .. haha fun fun... = =''
i can write about in 6 pages in 50mins but thats because my writing is VERY BIG and messy as you probably already know and also because i memorize essays and just adapt it to the question. the quailty of the content i dunno lol. and even if you didn't do that well in the english exam (which i doubt) it doesn't count to your rank!

at the moment i feel so bloody burnt out = = ;; gotta take the rest of the day off and sleep real early tonight and wake up at 3-4am and finish memorzing english essay and then start studying modern history bleh.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)