Hamlet will be the death of me (1 Viewer)

blieu

HSC
How are people planning on tackling Hamlet? Memorising prepared essays or quotes/explanations?

Because I know for module B they can ask you anything and if I have a prepared essay it might not be able to answer the question.

Kieran95

HSC
They asked "anything" last year so IMO its unlikely they will do it again. Most likely just "To what extent are (insert two themes) relevant towards your understanding of hamlet" to which you should be able to mould a prepared response around.

sghguos

HSC
N/A
You do realise your bascically screwed. People have already memorises more than 3 essays for Hamlet to mould with. All my friends have memorised at least 5 essays for Hamlet alone 1000 words plus to basically cover every single theme and possible question. Even the lower end students memorised at least 2.

LOL why did you do advance english.

Skeptyks

HSC
You do realise your bascically screwed. People have already memorises more than 3 essays for Hamlet to mould with. All my friends have memorised at least 5 essays for Hamlet alone 1000 words plus to basically cover every single theme and possible question. Even the lower end students memorised at least 2.

LOL why did you do advance english.
why would you memorise 5 essays for one module... seems like a waste of time

shongaponga

HSC
I wouldn't say OP is screwed just yet at all. You still have time. Get some techniques, quotes and analysis and memorise it! Your essay from the trial is a good starting point even.

And 5 memorised essays wtf, you'd be basically using the exact same techniques and quotes with moulded analysis for each essay, why would you need to memorise 5? Doing 5 different questions as practice and moulding for each is a different story (and a smarter one imo).

blieu

HSC
Nah, I'm memorising quotes and analysis lol I was just wondering how people were planning to go about it. But thanks :)

deswa1

HSC
Five essays is retarded- I call bullshit. If they have memmed five essays, then they are not very good at moulding tbh.

choiyokbao

HSC
Just go quotes/techniques and analysis and you should be set, well at least since don't have too much time left lols

Timske

Sequential
HSC
Uni Grad
The purpose of moulding is to prep 1 essay ...lol

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
Don't be scared about Hamlet, there's like a million things you can use for any question they throw at you. The text is so complex in some respects that you can use an idea in multiple contexts.

Just write a well structured essay and you'll be fine.

And to all those memorising essays, good luck in uni!

katebeast

HSC
There is absolutely no point in memorising essays at all! It's seriosuly so ridiculous. If you have a thorough knowledge of a variety of aspects of the text, you will be fine. Module B is usually based entirely upon your own interpretation of the text and the world it represents. Therefore, its your own view of Hamlet that will drive everything, which makes it easier to transform the question into what you want it to say.

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Also, memorising whole essays is far less effective (in my opinion) than memorising paragraphs or points. Rather than having five whole essays that you 'mould' (not that you need too with that many) memorise six to eight paragraphs, that way you can add and shape the ones with relevance and drop those that don't pertain to the question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)