Handball. It's still my best friend. (1 Viewer)

Jinpoo

HSC
Ever since we first stepped into the intimidating world of Primary education, one game has stayed with all (or most) of us through the thick and thin of an ailing public education system.

Think back to the innocent days of getting up at seven in the morning to watch Cheese TV, perhaps to marvel at Ash catching another pokemon, or the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles battling other less ugly but more evil mutants, or maybe watching a character of Dragonball Z powering up for the 5th episode in a row.

These were the carefree days, free of the stress of integration, Le Chatelier's Principle, or the death of JFK, and what better way to idle away our time than to play a sport that every single kid in every single primary school associates with a tennis ball and a slab of concrete with a pattern of straight lines!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_handball

Handball was the shit. I loved it dearly back when i was a little kid, and only very recently, half my grade has started to play handball again.

Yes, you may think "Handball is for little kids. You should have been weaned off handball by year 7, or at least by year 8 for the acutely socially challenged kids", but imho each and every one of us miss handball. It's such a thrill to see seniors rushing out of classrooms, sprinting to the quadrangle shouting "Service! Service!" and "To me!!".

So I challenge you, the reader, to grab a tennis ball and start awakening your dormant love for the handball. It is excellent. I love it. You love it.

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
lol most of my male friends never stopped playing handball mind you they are considered the "nerd group" lol but their handball matches are always good entertainment

Muz4PM

HSC
I am not overly good at handball, I seldom play, mainly because hardly anyone in my grade plays it, and I could not be arsed. However, I did play today, in class, on the desks lol.

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Hahahahaha, top thread. Me and all my boys i sit with play handball lunch and recess. Teachers just stop and watch it's that hectic.

Trajan

HSC
Zrap said:
Hahahahaha, top thread. Me and all my boys i sit with play handball lunch and recess. Teachers just stop and watch it's that hectic.

Handball is for major geekswabs....why am I not surprised that you're excellent at it.

Show up at the bball courts any time Flip...I'll house you.

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Trajan said:
Handball is for major geekswabs....why am I not surprised that you're excellent at it.

geekswabs are good at hand eye coordination sport? Handball is for sick cunts who have friends to play handball with obv.
Get off my court, i'll school you.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
yeah, I used to play that game in primary school, and all through highschool, till year 10.
*sighs* the good ol' days.

Jinpoo

HSC
Zrap said:
Zrap, it's great to see you let your inner child out. (y) to you.

Trajan said:

you fail Trajan. basketball? you'll HOUSE me? don't make me laugh. im 185cm of pure rep basketball.

btw it's ok if you're parents are blood related siblings. (not really) flame them, not us

Jinpoo

HSC
Oh and btw, i've always wanted to ask this.

How is it that every primary school kid knows the same set of rules for handball, ever since kindergarten?

I mean, it's not like there was a youtube video instructing little kids on the rules of the game, and it's not like a travelling gypsy went from school to school spreading a single set of rules for handball and leaving behind a world of enjoyment..

Sure, there are very minor variations of the game throughout sydney, but how is it that the majority of children that play handball know the same set of rules, without having ever contacted each other before?

Is it the MAGIC OF HANDBALL?

lacklustre

HSC
I did the best slogs. Often accused of grabbing, but meh I didn't think so.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
asians ripped at handball.

yeah i call them slogs too, white people call them "powershots"

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Haven't played handball since about Year 8. :p

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Haven't played for a long time now. I used to play that game for few months but I gave it up when I changed my school in Year 8.

Foxodi

HSC
I played a game a few months ago and yeah It's a great game. I think everyone should play it every once in awhile - its a great way to release energy, get in stupid fights about where the ball landed and just have genuine fun without drugs :D

HSC
Holy crap handball is like the only thing i'm good at. My friends and i still play handball, maybe a couple times last year. But i seriously miss it. Stuff handball being for little kids. Handball is awesome.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
Foxodi said:
its a great way to release energy, get in stupid fights about where the ball landed and just have genuine fun without drugs :D
pro handballers use steroids

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
tommykins said:
asians ripped at handball.

yeah i call them slogs too, white people call them "powershots"
I am teh handball champion. I remember in primary I use to own everyone. In high school, I owned everyone as well, slogging it low, with tricky shit too such as hitting the ball through the legs, and apple shots :). <3 Handball.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)