Handball. It's still my best friend. (1 Viewer)

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Those I must say, were the carefree good old days.

Taskan

HSC
i haven't played it for ages, but i don't see it as being a game for kids, though now most of the year at my school plays cards during breaks. it just occurred to me that handball was better because i got some exercise, lol.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Handball! :)

I basically played it throughout the junior years, not any more now. :(

Trajan

HSC
Jinpoo said:

you fail Trajan. basketball? you'll HOUSE me? don't make me laugh. im 185cm of pure rep basketball.

btw it's ok if you're parents are blood related siblings. (not really) flame them, not us

Aww man you come at me with the most cliche of all burns.....Pah -leaze.

I'll cross you, light you up and burn you clown.

I'm 186cm , I have mad ups, I play for the uni team, use to play reps.

It's ok kid, just stick to handball-where your true talents lie, no serious baller would even contemplate playing such a childish game. You hack.

Edit: I wasn't even posting to you....it was for Zrap..........yeah but I sense that you crave attention.....Mr Needy.

Last edited:

pezdog

HSC
Played it til year8.....then it had a revival at the start of year10 when everyone got back into it again

Then it died again lol....and got replaced by big2

Jinpoo

HSC
Foxodi said:
I played a game a few months ago and yeah It's a great game. I think everyone should play it every once in awhile - its a great way to release energy, get in stupid fights about where the ball landed and just have genuine fun without drugs :D
that's exactly what handball is.

i hear that they extract components used in the drug ecstasy from the neurotransmitters released in players' bodies whilst they enjoy handball.

xJennax

HSC
Some guys at my school are still into it, they play at recesses if they're not playing cricket. :p

Jinpoo

HSC
Trajan said:
I'll cross you, light you up and burn you clown..
What next? You'll serve me? You'll pwn me? Why don't you get your hands off the keyboard and do a bit of excercise, lard-o.

Trajan said:
I'm 186cm , I have mad ups, I play for the uni team, use to play reps.
This made me LOL. Thanks Trajan, you made my day with this one :)

Trajan

HSC
Jinpoo said:
What next? You'll serve me? You'll pwn me? Why don't you get your hands off the keyboard and do a bit of excercise, lard-o.

This made me LOL. Thanks Trajan, you made my day with this one :)

ahahha......you're alright for a high school chump.

Your attempts at insulting me are just too sweet....you don't have a mean bone in your whole body.

If you think you have game come down to the courts at Central or UTS or Stockies. Playing reps is pretty impressive man, good luck with that.

horses r cool

HSC
great stress relief we all found in year 12. our year got into the "kiddy games" like hopscotch and jump rope mostly cause we were stress or bored or both. but good times

lkuhgsadf

HSC
Me and my mates are really energetic and we always play handball during the break. But we don't like hanging around the upper quad with all the yr 7 and 8s plus all the teachers, so we over took the basketball courts. lol As you might know the 3 point line is not straight so the school put lines in the basketball courts for us, how cool is that! The squares are small but you can play 8 ways and cause there always like 15 of us playing theres always a line.
But we've become impatient and created (probably not..you probably play this to) a new game.

2 even teams (by skill or numbers)
Half a basketball court each
Its just like tennis hitting the ball over the line and then hitting it back.
Its eliminations, with a person getting out by hitting the ball out of the square, missing the ball (the person who is closest is out... ROCK OFF if undecided), or falling short when hitting it back.
I reckon it only good if you have heaps of people and the handball line is to long.
I great especially if your get good rallies going.

Anyways, handball rocks.

Jinpoo

HSC
^ that's what i'm talking about! seriously one day i'll upload a video of my grade playing extreme handball. it will make you lol

fjnpenguin

HSC
omg i havent played handball for ages... approx 3years.... i need to start pawing ppl again :evilfire:

bored of sc

HSC
Jinpoo said:
Ever since we first stepped into the intimidating world of Primary education, one game has stayed with all (or most) of us through the thick and thin of an ailing public education system.

Think back to the innocent days of getting up at seven in the morning to watch Cheese TV, perhaps to marvel at Ash catching another pokemon, or the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles battling other less ugly but more evil mutants, or maybe watching a character of Dragonball Z powering up for the 5th episode in a row.

These were the carefree days, free of the stress of integration, Le Chatelier's Principle, or the death of JFK, and what better way to idle away our time than to play a sport that every single kid in every single primary school associates with a tennis ball and a slab of concrete with a pattern of straight lines!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_handball

Handball was the shit. I loved it dearly back when i was a little kid, and only very recently, half my grade has started to play handball again.

Yes, you may think "Handball is for little kids. You should have been weaned off handball by year 7, or at least by year 8 for the acutely socially challenged kids", but imho each and every one of us miss handball. It's such a thrill to see seniors rushing out of classrooms, sprinting to the quadrangle shouting "Service! Service!" and "To me!!".

So I challenge you, the reader, to grab a tennis ball and start awakening your dormant love for the handball. It is excellent. I love it. You love it.
I play handball everyday and never get sick of it - it is very enjoyable and good exercise.

Oh how my skills have improved. My power shot has gotten a million times faster than it used to be and I working on my odd-timing shots to confuse my opponents :D - it's a good sport.

Sonata

HSC
great classic game back in old days, before it was 2 - 4 squares back in primary, then wen i jumped to high school we went to like 12 squares, sumtimes we get more squares we just throw in a extra ball for the hell of it. no one really handballs after reaching yr 11.

laurabally

HSC
:O this thread has shocked me immensely.
having not been to school with boys since year six, and a fleeting moment in year ten, there was no doubt in my mind that boys didn't still play handball. i srsly can't believe you guys don't play handball anymore. wow.
i thought it was just an all-girls school thing that we stopped once we got to high school.
i loved handball :(

M.T.T.

HSC
no one really handballs after reaching yr 11.
me and my friends played handball a bit while waiting between exams during the end of year 11 exam block. It was perfect for getting rid of all the anxiety that was bothering us - studying instead would have been a waste.

And then, when we came back for year 12 - guess what? we played handball. We also played handball at the beginning of term 2 (beginning of 2009).

It's a fun game.

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
We played handball all the way to the end of Year 12.

I think the boys I played with probably have secret handball-playing meetings now as well, I swear they'd have kids with handball if they could. It was worshipped at my school.

suzlee

HSC
Handball? Wow this thread brings back some primary school memories... *shudders*

TheFeared

HSC
I played till last year. I think nearly once a week the ball would get stolen by some asshole. I was good but we played in stupid volleyball courts so you could easily cheap shot and go to the corner which was shit. I was quite good amongst my friends, but I'm not sure against the rest of you. I do remember having sport and since I played tennis i brought my tennis racquet to play. Really good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)