Handing in the same assessment for 2 different subjects? (1 Viewer)

scottrb24

HSC
Just recently I handed in a website assessment for IPT. After that, I received our second design brief for DNT, where I also have to create a website.

I've already finished my website for IPT, and I am tempted to hand in the exact same thing for DNT in Week 7.

Is it acceptable and/or will I be penalised if I hand in the same assignment for DNT? Do you reckon the teacher will actually realise? He's not exactly tech-savvy and I doubt he'd bother to check with my IPT teacher.

AppleTea

HSC
I mean it's your own work so shouldn't be a problem right?

I've done the same for PDHPE/Sport Science and either they didn't care or find out...

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Maybe just tweak it, customise it a little for DNT. But I'm sure it should be fine.

Flop21

HSC
No idea.

But I know in the HSC, you cannot use the 1 major project or any elements from one, in another. E.g. can't use multimedia major project as your art major project.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
If you get found out-yes, if you don't-then no, but either way, it is very bad practice for the HSC year if you continue with this mindset.

scottrb24

HSC
Seems like mixed responses. Oh well. I think I'll just make a couple of changes so its not exactly the same. After all it is all my own original work - I made the website completely from scratch.

TBH I'm not too worried if they find out because I'm probably going to drop the subject in Year 12.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)