happy endings... (1 Viewer)

JTwin

HSC
i don't believe they are.
happy endings are awesome. although bad ones can give books a different twist.

gracee09

HSC
yeah i agree with that.

it just gets annoying with the whole 'girl in distress, guy saves her' endings...sooooooooo predictable

HSC
Uni Grad
P much this.

I like bad ones when the bad person/people/side etc have a likeable quality or something that doesn't make you detest them, then it's ok.

No examples of this come to mind, btw xD

GTwin

HSC
Mmm, much agreed. I like endings that are unpredictable, not completely happy (like a good character is still dead but my favourites still alive), and still satisfying. I don't like books that have the climax and then the resolution is like two pages and it ends without giving a good idea of how everything is.

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
Mmm, much agreed. I like endings that are unpredictable, not completely happy (like a good character is still dead but my favourites still alive), and still satisfying. I don't like books that have the climax and then the resolution is like two pages and it ends without giving a good idea of how everything is.
All my favourite characters in Harry Potter died.
Actually my favourite character died before the series even ended. That kinda sucked.

I liked the ending to the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series (the end of Mostly Harmless). Although I'm not entirely sure how to explain it... For those who have read it, what did you think?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)