Hardcore Punk (1 Viewer)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Yeah, but I'm using a neighbours internet, and they're going to bed. And no headphones on me.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
It's an interesting sound, mainly due to the vocals. I'm not used to hearing vocals that can be understood at this intensity. As for the tracks, 'Play Boneyards!' has a really nice groove to it. However, even with the short tracks, it felt it began to to lapse towards the end. As if it suddenly when from 'serious' to 'not serious' music.

And that's my $0.02

Arctopus

HSC
Aww, thanks maaan. Yeah, I know what you mean about the whole not serious thing. It wasn't really meant to come off as that, like it was meant to be sorta funny but not seem totally un-serious. Oh well, doesn't matter.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I'd probably give some more a listen though, if more was released. I see some definite potential in terms of groove.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Definitely upload it if possible. I'd like to give it a listen.

Arctopus

HSC
I have no idea, actually. The other half of ALF put it together, but chances are that it does just have the single track on it as well as the individuals.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
That'd be interesting listening. To play the whole EP, only to have the whole thing play again in the final track.

Then again, it's not as strange as The Flaming Lips' Zaireeka album. It comes as four discs, all the same songs, just slightly different mixes. You're suppose to play them all at once from four different players, to get a full sonic soundscape.

Arctopus

HSC
Really the only reason there is a single-track with the entire EP on it is because I wrote all the music down in a single guitar-pro file. I was just too lazy to keep making them for each song.

Hah, I'd like to hear that.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I've got the album, I've just got to burn it and track down four CD players :)

So you were using Guitar Pro for transcription... I've only done a bit of composing using it. I found it got quite tedious, especially plugging in the time values for each note. Do you do it all by hand?

Arctopus

HSC
Hah sick. It's funny, our red tapes are sold out and we only have 3 blue ones and 4 green ones left. People are actually buying it?

Yeah, GP sucks when you first start out and everything takes so long to get right but I've been using it for ages so it's pretty much a breeze. Yeah, all by hand. I'll usually just sit there with my bass for my brothers guitar and write out a riff or something then just program the drums in as I make it up.

here's the link to the file if you're interested; CROWSTONER.gp5

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
It sounds so different in GP format. It's good though, because you can actually see what the instruments are doing.

BTW, nice job with annotating the drums. I'm terrible at that.

Cianyx

Planarian Leader
HSC
Hey man. Alf Stewart is coming together quite nicely. Got a pretty atmospheric tone to it.

And I saw Robotasaurus the other day. It's quite astounding to see their vocalist nailing every part despite being smashed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)