Hardest Degree in University? (6 Viewers)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Engineering/Law or some variation of Science/Law (Mathematics, Physics)
I think it's all relative. Different people have different strengths. Some may find law easy, others may find it....not so easy.

jaychouf4n

HSC
As an example, Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical) and Bachelor of Laws combined degree.

This involves the widest area of study, including humanities (law), natural science(Physics), Applied Science (Law/Engineering in general), Formal Science (Math).

The only degree I might consider more difficult than B Eng/Llb would be Med/Law, but who does that anyway?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
As an example, Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical) and Bachelor of Laws combined degree.

This involves the widest area of study, including humanities (law), natural science(Physics), Applied Science (Law/Engineering in general), Formal Science (Math).

The only degree I might consider more difficult than B Eng/Llb would be Med/Law, but who does that anyway?
Well chances are, if you didn't have an interest there in the first place, you wouldn't have chosen BEng/LLB.

Let's just say Leon, if you chose a Bachelor of Fine Arts, how would you be doing? :p That's my point - there's no 'hardest degree' - it's all subjective.

jaychouf4n

HSC
Of course there is no single degree that everyone would find difficult. From this perspective, the subjective view is correct.

Nonetheless, looking at problems in life from this point of view is pointless. Humans come in all shapes and sizes with their own idiosyncrasies. As such, attempting to find an objective answer to a question given this context is impossible. And it is impossible for most questions contemplating the human condition.

HOWEVER, I am looking at this from the point of view of "What degree are students most LIKELY to find difficult". In this case, the degrees that cover the broadest range of academic disciplines would be the ones MOST LIKELY to be found difficult. Hence, why I mentioned Engineering/Law, because I feel this degree covers theory and application from both a numerical and verbal point of view. While there are plenty of students great at engineering, and students amazing at law, it is hard to find students who are great at both.

In answer to that, I would most likely not like it. I'm doing Actuarial/Law at the moment and I have to say, I have not particularly liked courses that cover the philosophy of law. As such, my exposure to the fine arts has not been all too positive.

jaafar1

HSC
I heard double degrees are challenging, just have to w8 and see for next year..

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Any degree involving "readings" are automatically disqualified.

enoilgam

HSC
Any degree involving "readings" are automatically disqualified.
No one ever does them anyway - they are a HUGE waste of time. Btw, does combined MBBS/LLB really exist or is it just a troll thing?

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
every undergrad degree is easy

you haven't lived until you've written a thesis (no, embedded does not count)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)