• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Hardest HSC science course? (1 Viewer)

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
physics is hard, but i dont do chem so i cant compare, by what my friend says its boring.

cathyjun28

HSC
I don't do physics, but I think it's harder than chemistry and too maths related. I personally don't find chemistry really hard, because I like it and we have a good teacher. But I agree that chemistry's content is really big and some topics are boring, e.g. the plastic production thing.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Out of the two sciences I do (Chem and Phys), I find Chemistry harder, and less enjoyable.

Seamus733

HSC
xionethic said:
their both bloody easy in my opinion. Engineering studies is the hard one, stfu all of you's
Agreed. No matter what teacher you have for this subject, the syllabus is so ambiguous that studying for it is a bitch!

insomniac90

7/9/08
HSC
I started off doing bio before switching to chem. I dont regret the decision but i definately do find it a lot harder, and it wasnt the greatest idea to drop maths either. lol. I dont find chem too hard, but like many people have said, some of the topics are rather bland and also depends on your teacher. Ours pretty much sucks at teaching, so our class is pretty much screwed.

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
i only do physics
but ive seen my friend's chem stuff
looks really hard =/

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Rebekkie said:
bio's not hard, there's just a heap of stuff to remember.

out of the entire hsc - i reckon modern has the most content therefore the hardest course.
LOL OK!

minijumbuk

┗(^o^ )┓三
HSC
Explains why extension 2 maths, extension 1 maths, physics, chemistry, extension 1 english, extension 2 english, all have a lower scaling than modern history then...

Rebekkie, aren't you contradicting your own statement then? "Bio's not hard" because there is a lot of stuff..."Modern is the hardest" because there is lot of stuff...?

HSC
^^^ i'm doing same subjects as you but i dropped out 3units maths and i am in standard english thought.

Chemistry is hardest science in HSC!

minijumbuk

┗(^o^ )┓三
HSC
Yes, it does make sense, because you've inserted personal bias.

Who's to say that applying mathematical concepts to complex questions in extension 1/2 is easy?
If anyone did chemistry, they'd know that there are aweful lots of responses that you need to memorise in order to earn your 7 marks (there are more than 1 7 mark questions, mind you)
If you want me to expand chemistry, I can say that it is consisted of: concepts, presentation, relevance, memorising of social impacts, environmental impacts, chemistry of natural or industrial processes, safety precautions, equilibrium calculations...The list goes on.

I mean, surely the "difficulty" of the subject is relative to the student candidates, but who is to say that one subject is the most difficult out of all the HSC courses? Statistics may show that extension 2 maths is the hardest course, but to the first-in-state-in-4u-maths, standard english may be the hardest.

minijumbuk

┗(^o^ )┓三
HSC
Indeed it is xD

Still, Rebekkie, "relatively hardest" does not = "hardest HSC course"
=P

Zippora

HSC
i find biology harder than chemistry because the dot points and exam questions are so weirdly worded and difficult to understand what they want you to say. they are so specific on the stupid words that you have to insert 'segregate', 'differentiate'... that its so easy to get wrong.. as i have learnt.

wen11

HSC
for me.. physics is definitely harder than chem

4unitfreak

HSC
I do Physics and Chemistry. For me, Chem's way harder because I find it really hard (as my Year 11 Chem teacher was actually a biology teacher who knew nothing about the course and forgot to teach us molar heat of combustion) and also boring as hell.

Phys = easy + enjoyable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)