Hardest Topic - New syllabus (1 Viewer)

blyatman

HSC
N/A
Yeh I'd second that, some proofs questions I've seen are insanely difficult. However, given that it's a new topic, nobody knows the difficulty of the proof questions that will be turn up in the actual HSC. As a result, I think textbooks which have super difficult problems are merely covering their bases in case students get tested on some extremely difficult problems.

ewjfiwhelowaeoplg

HSC
Vectors <= Mechanics < Integration < Complex Numbers <<<<<<< Proof

(Both the topics themselves and typical exam questions)

HSC
N/A
Vectors <= Mechanics < Integration < Complex Numbers <<<<<<< Proof

(Both the topics themselves and typical exam questions)
Wouldnt be so sure vectors will be easy. Alot of material in textbooks is, but the actual stuff they put up is nothing like whats in the textbooks.

Attachments

HeroWise

HSC
Someoen put insanely difficult proof question uwu

ewjfiwhelowaeoplg

HSC
Yeah I think you are right.

Almost all hard vector questions will probably derive from this dot point:
  • prove geometric results in the plane and construct proofs in three dimensions

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
You can be given vectors questions in projectiles that make things challenging

5uMath

HSC
Wouldnt be so sure vectors will be easy. Alot of material in textbooks is, but the actual stuff they put up is nothing like whats in the textbooks.
Literally just substitue the line equation and solve for lambda in |v - c| = r for i, then for ii make a sphere of radius r and centre a, b, c, then use vector rules to find expressions for other points in the question, sub into the formula and prove that it equals 0.

Just tests the theory, not the application

mathsbrain

HSC
N/A
Literally just substitue the line equation and solve for lambda in |v - c| = r for i, then for ii make a sphere of radius r and centre a, b, c, then use vector rules to find expressions for other points in the question, sub into the formula and prove that it equals 0.

Just tests the theory, not the application
can you show this in extended working please?

hschelper01

HSC
I'd say - from what I've seen - the proof questions look like they are very challenging 🤷‍♂️ :rolleyes:

mathsbrain

HSC
N/A
can someone show the working for part 3 of this question please? been stuck for a looooonnnnggg times lol

mathsbrain

HSC
N/A
Hmm I fail to see how this hint helps with part (ii), are we talking about the same Sphere question that's on this page? Do you happen to have the link for the nesa sample link?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)