Harry Potter 7: Two Films (1 Viewer)

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
i-love-maynard said:
lol Michael you are clearly the biggest HP fan out. :D I don't like the movies. They just don't live up to the books for me.
Yeah, same here. But i still watch them all regardless :cool:

L

lsam

Always hated films due its poor adaptation & deteriorating plot.

HP is a money factory.

mollycoddle

HSC
i-love-maynard said:
I don't like the movies. They just don't live up to the books for me.
Same.
I still go to them though, just to hold on to one last vestige of Harry and his magical world...

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
your.knee said:
I think that it would be good for the fans so it gets everything in but to people who just watch the movie they might think its a bit over the top
i agree, but im a fan so i want them to be as close to the book as possible

HSC
hollyy. said:
i agree, but im a fan so i want them to be as close to the book as possible
HP Screenwriter: What is this book you speak of?

but to be serious, shit movie will be shit. the 5th movie (which happens to be my favourite book) took away any hope that i held for them being decent and sticking to the book.

michael1990

HSC
i-love-maynard said:
lol Michael you are clearly the biggest HP fan out. :D I don't like the movies. They just don't live up to the books for me.
I love Harry Potter with a passion.

I have read each book at least 20 times each, if not more.
I know where or close to which chapter and such things happen.

The movies will never be the same as the books.

michael1990

HSC
russianROULETTE said:
HP Screenwriter: What is this book you speak of?

but to be serious, shit movie will be shit. the 5th movie (which happens to be my favourite book) took away any hope that i held for them being decent and sticking to the book.
The closest book-to-movie was number 5.

HSC
michael1990 said:
The closest book-to-movie was number 5.
you're joking, right? we mustn't be reading the same series.

please cite the page numbers where the following occured: huge fire dragons? drowning voldemort in water? glass turning into sand? ginny blowing up some DE rather than luna blowing up pluto? harry turning into mr frodo (and making pathetic speeches about OMG I HAVE FRIENDS)? the order and death eaters fighting as puffs of smoke? the whole pensieve scene being massacred? sirius being killed, not stunned? bellatrix's character childishly singing 'i killed sirius blaaaaaack'?

i'm not going to continue, i think i've made my point.

michael1990

HSC
russianROULETTE said:

please cite the page numbers where the following occured: huge fire dragons? drowning voldemort in water? glass turning into sand? ginny blowing up some DE rather than luna blowing up pluto? harry turning into mr frodo (and making pathetic speeches about OMG I HAVE FRIENDS)? the order and death eaters fighting as puffs of smoke? the whole pensieve scene being massacred? sirius being killed, not stunned? bellatrix's character childishly singing 'i killed sirius blaaaaaack'?

I LOVE HARRY POTTER!

I get what you mean. But you didn't actually say which one you think is the closest to the book movie.

agua.fuego

HSC
i-love-maynard said:
I'd like to see the whole series redone in the future. Like how there's two versions of Bladerunner and like 3 different Phantom of the Opera movies. I just want to see a totally new Harry Potter movie series. Sick of these half-arsed versions.
Exactly. Completely agree with you there. Is it so hard to make an even reasonable attempt to produce a movie similar to the books?

HSC
michael1990 said:
I LOVE HARRY POTTER!
lol i know, that part of my post was just stirring you up :p

I get what you mean. But you didn't actually say which one you think is the closest to the book movie.
i think CoS and PS more closely followed the books than OotP. they didn't take detours for the sake of special effects, adding irrelevant scenes while cutting out important scenes. PoA and GoF also did this, but they didn't mangle the text to the extent of OotP.

Exactly. Completely agree with you there. Is it so hard to make an even reasonable attempt to produce a movie similar to the books?
i agree. i mean, look at lord of the rings. it's NOT hard to adapt a book into film and keep (most) fans satisfied with the transformation, while still retaining entertainment value... so yeah, i'm hoping for a remake.

saw someone posting some of the so-called HBP script... probably isn't legit, and i really hope it isn't, because there's some crap about the burrow being attacked or something...

EDIT: i just read that parts of the typed up script were in a trailer 0_o holy crap, i really hope that isn't true.

Last edited:

agua.fuego

HSC
russianROULETTE said:
saw someone posting some of the so-called HBP script... probably isn't legit, and i really hope it isn't, because there's some crap about the burrow being attacked or something...

EDIT: i just read that parts of the typed up script were in a trailer 0_o holy crap, i really hope that isn't true.
What?! The Burrow being attacked in HBP??

Those producers will have HP fans after them with pitchforks before long. I can guarantee it.

agua.fuego

HSC
russianROULETTE said:

You've made your point well. I think that all of those points (when they happened in the movie) were followed be my screams of "THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN!" accompanied by my cousin and dad wrestling me to the ground.

HSC
agua.fuego said:
What?! The Burrow being attacked in HBP??

Those producers will have HP fans after them with pitchforks before long. I can guarantee it.
not only attacked, but totally burned down as well, i read. and i also saw comments about Bill and Fleur hardly being in it. i hope it's just someone making stuff up.

You've made your point well. I think that all of those points (when they happened in the movie) were followed be my screams of "THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN!" accompanied by my cousin and dad wrestling me to the ground.
thanks. lol yeah me too, i started crying at some point [pathetic, but true] because they cut my favourite scene of the entire series [the pensieve] out. ooh, and in my other post i forgot to mention them omitting the scene with Harry going psycho at Dumbledore... that would have been cool.

i honestly can't see why they would split this into two movies when they didn't for OotP. first of all, OotP is 160 or so pages longer than the last book. second of all, there are so many parts in DH that could be cut, i.e. almost the entire middle half of the book, which had little plot value in most places. stupid screenwriters/directors.

agua.fuego

HSC
russianROULETTE said:
not only attacked, but totally burned down as well, i read. and i also saw comments about Bill and Fleur hardly being in it. i hope it's just someone making stuff up.

thanks. lol yeah me too, i started crying at some point [pathetic, but true] because they cut my favourite scene of the entire series [the pensieve] out. ooh, and in my other post i forgot to mention them omitting the scene with Harry going psycho at Dumbledore... that would have been cool.

i honestly can't see why they would split this into two movies when they didn't for OotP. first of all, OotP is 160 or so pages longer than the last book. second of all, there are so many parts in DH that could be cut, i.e. almost the entire middle half of the book, which had little plot value in most places. stupid screenwriters/directors.
Yeah, that annoyed me too... I would have loved to see Harry go psycho at Dumbledore. I think that needed to be there too, as opposed to Harry sitting there just all sullen and quiet going, "You don't understand." The screaming was completely necessary.

And the tears aren't pathetic, I probably would have gotten close had I not been blinded by rage. I was contemplating throwing my phone at the screen, closely followed by each of my boots with rather spiny heels, at the screen in absolute disgust. But on either side of me my hands were pinned to the seats. My cousin and dad later informed me that they could see me slowly tensing up... and as such feared for my sanity and then the life of the movie screen.

As soon as we got home, though, I grabbed OotP, thrust it at my cousin, and told her to read it, otherwise she'd be forever blinded into thinking Harry Potter was a load of crap.

The Pensieve stuff also should have been there. I don't think they did Snape's memories well AT ALL. I mean, seriously. You don't get really anything from it.

Last edited:
HSC
agua.fuego said:
Yeah, that annoyed me too... I would have loved to see Harry go psycho at Dumbledore. I think that needed to be there too, as opposed to Harry sitting there just all sullen and quiet going, "You don't understand." The screaming was completely necessary.
exactly, the person who was going to give him exodus from the dursleys has just been killed and all he says is, "you don't understand." it's ridiculous.

And the tears aren't pathetic, I probably would have gotten close had I not been blinded by rage. I was contemplating throwing my phone at the screen, closely followed by each of my boots with rather spiny heels, at the screen in absolute disgust. But on either side of me my hands were pinned to the seats. My cousin and dad later informed me that they could see me slowly tensing up... and as such feared for my sanity and then the life of the movie screen.
LOL, you sound like one of my friends. she doesn't watch them at the movies because she'd end up screaming at the screen and being kicked out, lol.

The Pensieve stuff also should have been there. I don't think they did Snape's memories well AT ALL. I mean, seriously. You don't get really anything from it.
exactly, if i hadn't read the book i would have been like, 'wtf?'. you can't really tell that it's harry's dad, and the left out the whole angst part that went with it... with the amount of information it gave they may as well have cut the entire scene :rolleyes:

your.knee

i'm lizzing
HSC
i just want to see daniel radcliffe do CAPSLOCK harry
they muted him in ootp didnt they? when sirius died and lupin was holding him? i cant remember

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)