Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - 21 July 2007 (NO SPOILERS) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Yup sorry, I meant that JKR has said that the BARMAN is Dumbledore's brother.

And I think she's also said that the teacher will not be Neville, either... but I might be wrong.

I wouldn't go as far as calling Lavender a slut! :p

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC

Yeah, i remember JKR comfirming, when someone posted it somewhere, that the barman at teh Hog's Head is Aberforth, who is Dumbledore's brother. JK mentioned the "smell of cabbage", from what i recall.

And in book 6, Dumbledore DID say he was "friendly with the local barman".

And apparently something important about Dumbledore's family will be revealed in Book 7...

OMG, IS ABERFORTH IMPORTANT? HE WAS CAUGHT EXPERIMENTING SPELLS ON GOATS...

-P_D

J

jhakka

Dave2007 said:
She said it JUST AFTER saying ron

OMGOMG RON IS DEAD

Freudian Slip from JKR there.

Also when it says someone will be teaching in hogwarts in book 7 - does that mean after the series has finished, in their futures? or teaching DURING book 7. Because if its during book 7 it would have to be someone older as harry and his mates are still in school. Perhaps an older weasley brother? However if its in the future, pretty much anyone is up for a guess, from harry teaching DADA to neville teaching herbology.
Which one of the Weasley brothers is the dragon one? Charlie, isn't it? He could be the new Care of Magical Creatures teacher. :)

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC

jhakka said:
Which one of the Weasley brothers is the dragon one? Charlie, isn't it? He could be the new Care of Magical Creatures teacher. :)
Now that's a thought.

J

jhakka

And it also means that ZOMG HAGRID WILL EITHER DIE OR HE WON'T DIE! :p

HSC

P_Dilemma said:
Yeah, i remember JKR comfirming, when someone posted it somewhere, that the barman at teh Hog's Head is Aberforth, who is Dumbledore's brother. JK mentioned the "smell of cabbage", from what i recall.

And in book 6, Dumbledore DID say he was "friendly with the local barman".

And apparently something important about Dumbledore's family will be revealed in Book 7...

OMG, IS ABERFORTH IMPORTANT? HE WAS CAUGHT EXPERIMENTING SPELLS ON GOATS...

-P_D
From memory, Alberforth is seen talking to Mundungus just before the scene where Harry gets angry at Mundy for stealing things from Sirius' house. Word on the internet is that Alby has bought the locket that wouldn't open that was mentioned in the Order of the Phoenix from the Black's house, which is possibly a horcrux. Although I don't think he knows it's a horcrux because he would have shown Dumbledore.

Dave2007

HSC

The horxrux is almost certainly in sirius's house. It is mentioned in the start of book 5 as a locket that no one could open.

And given RAB is fairly obviously regulus a. black, semi-confirmed by JKR, this would be sensible.

However i dont think dumbledore knows of this, or he wouldntve gone looking for a locket. or perhaps he didnt know it was the locket he was going for and any random horcrux couldve been in the cave.

Also charlie teaching COMC is a good probability. Cya hagrid, stupid oaf.

HSC

In the 6th book, it was mentioned that the school may be closed for the next year, and that Hogwarts may never open again, so i doubt it'll be open during the year, even if it was open most of the students will not return.

And Harry, Ron and Hermione said they'll go looking for the Horcruxes. No Hogarts for either of them.

What about the two "main characters" who will die?

I think
-One of the Weasleys
-Hagrid
-Lupin
-Someone for the Order of the Phoenix

People who should die
-Pettigrew
-Voldemort

• Rowling has said that some non-magical character will perform magic late in life in desperate circumstances.
  • Someone from Harry's class, not Harry, Ron, or Hermione, and not who most readers would expect, will become a Hogwarts teacher. This seems to indicate that Hogwarts will indeed re-open, though possibly not until after the main events of Deathly Hallows have occurred
So i guess Hermione wont be teacher after all:( And since it says "from Harrys class" no Charlie either.

So who have we got
-Neville
-Luna
-Seamus
-Dean

There are lots of students, but i think it probably someone from the Gryffindor house. And whoever it is, was also part of DA [thats what i think]

No magic character, doing magic?

-Dudley

are Squibs "magical"? If not could also be:
-Filtch
-Figg

BlackDragon

HSC

$hiftyIceQueen said:
People who should die
-Pettigrew
-Voldemort
lol

$hiftyIceQueen said:
No magic character, doing magic?

-Dudley

are Squibs "magical"? If not could also be:
-Filtch
-Figg
I'd say aunt petunia has alot more power and alot more knowledge than she has ever dared admit.

HSC

BlackDragon said:
lol

I'd say aunt petunia has alot more power and alot more knowledge than she has ever dared admit.
Hey! I think i'll have a fit, if Wormtail doesnt die.

And Petunia has a bigger role, but she doesnt have magical powers.

At the Edinburgh book festival, Rowling mentioned that something more would be revealed about Petunia Dursley. Nothing of note occurred in book 6, so this remains to be discovered.
"..there is a little bit more to Aunt Petunia than meets the eye...She is not a squib, although that is a very good guess. Oh, I am giving a lot away here. I am being shockingly indiscreet
Rowling repeated this comment at the Radio City charity reading in August 2006. Rowling has clarified by stating that Aunt Petunia will not perform magic.

BlackDragon

HSC

oh rightio then. wow. i wonder what is to revealed about our favourite aunt. - definitely something to do with his parents/the major plot lines of the past, i'd say. this should be very interesting.

though, that does say, perform magic, she may still have powers or important knowledge of some kind.

HSC

Yeah i think she does have some sort of knowledge that is really really important, since the book will also have some stuff about her, and the letter has to be explained.

Oh and no Quidditch.[kindof expected ...]:(:(:(

But seriously, so many things to get through, like Petunia, Horcruxes, R.A.B., Kretcher, Lily Potter, Snape, Wormtail + Dumbledore AND their families, two-way mirror, reason why Dumbledore had James' invisiblity cloak, death of characters...and a whole bunch more...this book is going to end up HUGE!!!!

Keep checking http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_potter_and_the_deathly_hallows they update it whenever something new comes up. And read the part about the "Meaning of Hallows" Its kindof the same as what people of this thread have said, but they have a bit more..

babylupin

HSC

i cannot wait until it comes out!

i want to know more about the veil...

BlackDragon

HSC

$hiftyIceQueen said:
Yeah i think she does have some sort of knowledge that is really really important, since the book will also have some stuff about her, and the letter has to be explained.

Oh and no Quidditch.[kindof expected ...]:(:(:(

But seriously, so many things to get through, like Petunia, Horcruxes, R.A.B., Kretcher, Lily Potter, Snape, Wormtail + Dumbledore AND their families, two-way mirror, reason why Dumbledore had James' invisiblity cloak, death of characters...and a whole bunch more...this book is going to end up HUGE!!!!

Keep checking http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_potter_and_the_deathly_hallows they update it whenever something new comes up. And read the part about the "Meaning of Hallows" Its kindof the same as what people of this thread have said, but they have a bit more..
Yeah i just can't believe how much information is going to be in this book. It is going to be so amazing to read everything that happens, see how it ends and see how this fits so intricately into all the other books and changes our perspective on them.

babylupin

HSC

BlackDragon said:
Yeah i just can't believe how much information is going to be in this book. It is going to be so amazing to read everything that happens, see how it ends and see how this fits so intricately into all the other books and changes our perspective on them.

mmmmmmhmmmmm...

although the last word of the book is 'scar'

M-turkey

Zoom Zoom
HSC

babylupin said:
mmmmmmhmmmmm...

although the last word of the book is 'scar'

It might be scar, however the last chapter was written quite a while ago.

oh, and by the way. THE RELEASE DATE HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED!

Date = 21st July

HSC

Still dont see why she didnt want to release it on the 07/07/07.

And the novel will be released in two hardback editions: childrens version, and one for adults.

I seriously cant wait :D:D:D

HSC

M-turkey said:
It might be scar, however the last chapter was written quite a while ago.

oh, and by the way. THE RELEASE DATE HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED!

Date = 21st July
omgomgomgomogm that is like only 6 months away...and it might be in university holidays ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)