Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - 21 July 2007 (NO SPOILERS) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackDragon

HSC
Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Nope. He won't. I can't remember the exact wording by heart but it goes something like "one must die at the hands of the other, for neither can live while the other survives". That's the prophecy of course. So think about it, one must die at the hands of the other. If harry does die, that means voldemort will reign supreme after the book stops. (assuming of course, that the prophecy isn't fulfilled during in the middle of the book or something). And i can't, in any way, see how that will satisfy me as a reader. And if you take that as its literal meaning, does that not mean that voldemort will be invincible as only one may kill the other? So i think harry will kill voldemort, but it won't be as simple as that. Definitely not. Everything will change.

I actually think they got hermione pretty spot on - especially in the first film. In the latter movies though they've ditched her frizzy style hair because it just doesn't look good. But hermione was always meant to be pretty (though the first real indication of this is in the GOF), its just that she never really cared for such things.
I really hope emma does continue though, she's the best character.

Last edited:

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC

BlackDragon said:
I actually think they got hermione pretty spot on - especially in the first film. In the latter movies though they've ditched her frizzy style hair because it just doesn't look good. But hermione was always meant to be pretty (though the first real indication of this is in the GOF), its just that she never really cared for such things.
I really hope emma does continue though, she's the best character.
Yeah I reckon Harry, Hermione and Ron are all spot-on. In fact, the good casting extends to Dumbledore, McGonagall and Snape as well.

But in GoF, even though Hermione got dressed up, it didn't make the kind of impact it was supposed to make. She was supposed to be almost unrecogniseable. Then again I guess they wouldn't want to make her look bad for the whole series just so she can shine for about 10 minutes.

BlackDragon

HSC

Yeah. Although they couldn't help it, after the actor for the original dumbledore died, they murdered his character (he was really good in the first two though)..as well as professor trelawney. I can't believe they made her look and act like that!..
I also think they screwed up Fred and George. I didn't expect them to be so goddamn thin and tall. But now that they've been in the movies thats all i can picture them as. But its okay.
Who else didn't i think was as good as the books? umm, Cho wasn't pretty enough, i thought she would be as good looking or even better than hermione, but she's definitely not. I actually really like snape and professer mcgonagall, though they destroyed umbridge.

I spose once you get used to them all its okay. Its just that now everyone in the world pretty much views all the characters as the same. =/. Which isn't good. I liked my imaginitive versions. Though i refuse to accept their version of hogwarts - i just picture my own when i'm reading.

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC

I expected Fred and George to be goofy-looking but still reasonably attractive. The twins they picked aren't really what I had in mind.

I think Katie Leung's prettier IRL. In the movie they tried to make her look all innocent by using very little make-up and giving her boring hair. Harry probably would have liked her better if she looked like this at Hogwarts :p:

BlackDragon

HSC

wow i wouldn't mind being daniel in that photo. and woah, cho does look way different than in the films, (and better).

Dave2007

HSC

BlackDragon said:
Yeah. Although they couldn't help it, after the actor for the original dumbledore died, they murdered his character (he was really good in the first two though).
I agree with dumbledore sucking. For example in movie four he physically grabs and is very harsh towards Harry - totally out of character, considering he practically attacks anyone who comes near his students and takes his commitment to the school and to harry's protection so seriously, in the books.

Also, in the books, the twins are described as "short and stocky", which they clearly arent in the films.

But hey if we're talking film inaccuracies, and we get onto the plot, we'll be here for about 335757 years, because the books shit all over the film.

So any recent HP stories/rumours up for discussion?

HSC

Is the barman in Hogsmeade Dumbledore's brother, Alberforth? :eek:

Dave2007

HSC

Hmmmm! Distinct possibility.... We know he must be unusual, to be practising inappropriate charms on goats, and it also says he cant read. But the barman from the hogs head was present at dumbledores funeral, and dumbledores brother wasnt specifically mentioned

A new HP genius theory from silver persian!

J

jhakka

Hi people, can we please leave this thread for Deathly Hallows discussion rather than idle chatter about the films and everything Harry Potter.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlackDragon

HSC

Okay.
but do we have to? That means we'll have to create another thread to harry potter chat. Seems a bit pointless. Its not hurting anyone.
Loop hole: just compare whatever you say to the deathly hallows.

Edit: We did it in the HBP thread and nobody cared. =/.

Last edited:

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC

I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that Aberforth IS Dumbledore's brother - more detail will probably be given in the next book.

Any guesses on which student will apparantly be teaching at Hogwarts in the final year? (Which means Hogwarts WILL be re-opening)

HSC

bubz :D said:
I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that Aberforth IS Dumbledore's brother - more detail will probably be given in the next book.

Any guesses on which student will apparantly be teaching at Hogwarts in the final year? (Which means Hogwarts WILL be re-opening)
Err..did you mean to say that Alberforth is confirmed as being the barman at Hogsmeade? Because it's very explicitly stated that Alberforth is Dumbledore's brother

It could be Neville teaching herbology...although I guess the logical thing would be for the new student-teacher to be taking defence against the dark arts...

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC

It will probably be someone teaching Defence Against the Dark Arts, but who knows.

But isn't Harry going to spend the next year looking for Voldemort's other Horcruxes? Which means there won't be much time spent at Hogwarts, if at all? Or have I missed something here...

HSC

I think that it will re-open, after Voldemort dies. Not during the 7th book. And since JK Rowling said that, in the final section of the novel, she will tell the readers what happens with the remaning characters lives, i think it will be in that chapter or section of the novel where we find out who is the teacher.

But they will need a Defence against the Dark Arts or Potions teacher, since [presuming Snape is good] snape will take one of the two, i think Defence against the dark arts, and maybe someone like Hermione will be the Potions teacher, and also the new Head of Gryffindor House, since McGonagall is now the Headmistress.

Asked which five of her characters she would like to invite to dinner, she chose Harry, Hermione and Ron, but then hesitated before choosing her last characters, saying "See... I know who's actually dead", unsure whether she was permitted to invite those who are 'dead'.
I found thats on wikipedia, about JK Rowling. Doesn't this mean that Harry, Ron and Hermione will live?

BlackDragon

HSC

$hiftyIceQueen said:
Quote:
Asked which five of her characters she would like to invite to dinner, she chose Harry, Hermione and Ron, but then hesitated before choosing her last characters, saying "See... I know who's actually dead", unsure whether she was permitted to invite those who are 'dead'.

I found thats on wikipedia, about JK Rowling. Doesn't this mean that Harry, Ron and Hermione will live?

hmmmm. i doubt she'd be that careless. and i spose we would have heard about that by now because that is a big spoiler. so maybe its a misquote or she thought of it half-way through, and it still includes the trio.

Dave2007

HSC

She said it JUST AFTER saying ron

OMGOMG RON IS DEAD

Freudian Slip from JKR there.

Also when it says someone will be teaching in hogwarts in book 7 - does that mean after the series has finished, in their futures? or teaching DURING book 7. Because if its during book 7 it would have to be someone older as harry and his mates are still in school. Perhaps an older weasley brother? However if its in the future, pretty much anyone is up for a guess, from harry teaching DADA to neville teaching herbology.

BlackDragon

HSC

yeah, possible teachers:

Harry: Defence..
Hermione: Potions, or anything. (but it will be something important - a subject that the series has focused on somewhat. so not ancient runes or something like that..)
Neville: Herbology

Snape has run off so no dada or potions teacher now.
It'll either be hermione for potions (during the book or towards the end), or harry for dada towards the very end in the resolution. or you know, maybe nev nev.

kitkatkittyau

HSC

apparently, not 100% sure JK said the teacher will not be Harry, Ron or Hermione. My guess will be neville. Also I'm not completely sure if she said that I just remember hearing it possibly mugglecast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)