Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - 21 July 2007 (NO SPOILERS) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - 21 July 2007

It comes out on my 18th!! :D

BlackDragon

HSC

Went down to dymocks and pre-ordered mine today! :D:D:D

Last edited:

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC

I pre-ordered today too :eek:

Dave2007

HSC

Now that's just ridiculously early. I'm sure like a week before will be more than fine...

(Also, keep this post for posterity, in case on release day im like the only person without one, and cry to myself for nights on end until reprinting)

BlackDragon

HSC

Dave2007 said:
Now that's just ridiculously early. I'm sure like a week before will be more than fine...

(Also, keep this post for posterity, in case on release day im like the only person without one, and cry to myself for nights on end until reprinting)
Yes.

Lot'o'seX

HSC
N/A

But there'll be some at Big W, surely.

Rinni

HSC

Yeah everyone goes to the proper book stores to get them. Last year I left it really late to go get a copy, cause I was going to wait and borrow it off a friend but it got the better of me lol, but Big W still had heaps...

J

jhakka

Trust me, people. Big W will ALWAYS have more than enough, and it will be 33% cheaper.

dhampoet

HSC
N/A

jhakka said:
Sorry people, but it's a bit silly to be pre ordering from Dymocks or whatever. Big W always has more than enough copies if you get there before closing time, and you8 get 1/3 off RRP for all books.
closing time of the shop on 21?

J

jhakka

dhampoet said:
closing time of the shop on 21?
21 July is a Saturday, therefore the store would be closing at 5pm. Most stores have that kind of information at the front.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Serius said:
it would be a publishing nightmare, but common its harry potter, something tells me the fact that its close to the movie wont matter, they will still sell tens of millions of copies.

I get the feeling from her interviews that she hasnt finished the book, but is close to doing so, i would guess maybe 1/4 to go[when you take into account the ending and heaps of other stuff were allready writen a decade ago] that still gives a good few months to start printing and ship that shit out.
If it comes out during your HSC who cares, i didnt end up buying HBP till after my HSC as a treat to myself and basically none of it was spoiled for me [ friend told me about H-G but i had allready guessed that would come out either in HBP or last book.]
close enough :d haha i love being right [ its good for everyone cause now we dont have to wait long]

iam going to make mum get it like i did last time, cause some assholes at the stores like to buy the book at 9am, flick to the back and scream out things like "snape killed dumbledore!"

6 books down, never had one ruined in the slightest at all, and iam following the same recipe again. off to Big W mum!

Last edited:

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC

Hah my dad would never bother to go and buy a book for me at 9am, so my sis and I will probably just be lining up with our Ipods at full blast.

But yeah... you'd have to be pretty sad to go that early JUST so you can flick to the back and spoil it for everyone, anyway!

I had HBP ruined for me on bos, so I don't plan to go on for about a month beforehand :p

Rinni

HSC

I didn't have HBP ruined on me but i did guess that Dumbledore would die. But I did kind have OotP ruined by a friend of my mum's. She told her that Sirius died and my she tormented me all day that she knew and I didn't. So I ended up rushing to Big W to buy the book lol

HSC

bubz :D said:
I had HBP ruined for me on bos, so I don't plan to go on for about a month beforehand :p
How did someone manage to find out the ending before the book was released? :<<

Dave2007

HSC

As Harry once found on a note attached to his invisiblity cloak....

"Just in case"

FeelBare

HSC

Still getting mine at Big W =/

martin88

HSC
N/A

Silver Persian said:
How did someone manage to find out the ending before the book was released? :<<
they didnt

they just finished it before the other person and wrote up what happens at the end

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC

martin88 said:
they didnt

they just finished it before the other person and wrote up what happens at the end
No, this was a couple of days before HBP was released. Someone had scanned the page where Harry tells Hagrid that ____ kills ________ (yeah, pointless censoring... but just for the nutcases who STILL haven't read it yet), and some idiot decided to post the image here.

SituationNoir

HSC

Well, I pre-ordered mine from my work today.
Because it's the last book. And there'll be a bigger line up. More demand. There's a cut off date for pre-orders so..yessum.
It has happened that certain stores have run out in the rush, because generally people all have the same idea.
Bookstores atleast ensure that the book is in good quality, you get it for a reasonable price and most of the time (atleast where I work) you get some sort of freebie with it.
Keep in mind, I am biased. Lol.

I just wanna make sure I get one and i don't mind pre-ordering this early. I don't think theres anything wrong with it. Plenty of people and businesses (schools, libraries etc) do it.

M-turkey

Zoom Zoom
HSC

martin88 said:
they didnt

You didnt even need to finish the book. I'll admit, I was one of those people who ran around yelling Dumbledore Dies at my School, all I did was flip to the back of my Brother's copy and read a bit about the Funeral.

However, to show how poor my memory is, about a year afterwards, I actually sat down and read the book and was like "omg! dumbledore died!". I completely forgot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)