HARRY POTTER: Has anybody noticed....? (2 Viewers)

ta-da

HSC
i liked the movies, admitted they did cut out a sht load of stuff .. but still they were good cant fit everythign in i suppose i cant wait for the 4th movie ause i liked the fourth book the best anyone know when its coming out?

lilmzqt

+.~*Special*~.+
HSC
its due out sometime in novemeber next year :( its such a long wait dammit... and the 5th movie will start production sometime next year i think - i dont remember when...

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Yep, Goblet of Fire is due for release early November, 2005.

Order of the Phoenix isn't due out until 2007!!! how ripped off do I feel about that?

Alot, it all i'm saying...

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
Okay...the acting in 3rd movie was heaps better, but it didn't follow the storyline slavishly. Probably made a better movie, though. The next book will be out around June 05, which is what I'm looking forward to most of all. And as for all that Harry-bashing, I don't believe it's fair. Fanfiction tends to destroy most of the charm you get from reading the original books...**lost for words**.

Yes, Harry has had a few misfortunes fall upon him, but you never realise how lucky he has been in many situations.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
rhapsody_bri said:
(memory's a bit hazy?)
My memory is a bit hazy, and I haven't seen the 3rd movie. So, who are they? Can someone give me a summary?

And, I still belive that Draco is the best actor in the movies.

lilmzqt

+.~*Special*~.+
HSC
jumb said:
My memory is a bit hazy, and I haven't seen the 3rd movie. So, who are they? Can someone give me a summary?

And, I still belive that Draco is the best actor in the movies.
the maruaders are remus lupin, sirius black, peter pettigrew, and james potter.

and y havnt u seen it yet? oh well...go get the movie from next wednesday and watch it dammit! lol.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Tom Felton is pretty good, esspecially for someone his age, although he was acting before the rest of the 'students'. The kid that plays Neville possibly had some prior stint, but nothing 'big', and the only other one I can think off the top of my head is Sean Biggerstaff -- Oliver Wood - who was in the Winter Guest, which Alan Rickman was the director. (Alan practically got him the part, I believe). So, Tom did have the advantage, but I agree, he's the best out of the 'kids'. He seems like a genuinley nice kid in interviews, public apperances etc, but you really believe him to be a little fuckwit in the movies, so congrats.

Adult cast though, they're all amazing - Richard Harris (rip), Emma Thompson, Dame Maggie Smith, David Thewlis, Alan Rickman, Jason Isaacs (yum!), Gary Oldman, Robbie Coltrane (sp?) --> absolutley amazing!

As for the Maruders, Messers Moony Wormtail Padfoot and Prongs a.k.a Remus Lupin, Peter Pettigrew, Sirius Black and James Potter -- made the map and all ;)

Last edited:

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
he' fell thru the veil', which, lets face it, could mean he's living it up in Fiji atm.

Got PoA today -- Where Snape (well, Alan Rickman) is pissing himself laughing, i myself was doing much the same. He's so cute when he laughs, but it looks so wrong at the same time...

lilmzqt

+.~*Special*~.+
HSC
i didnt get my copy yet - i pre-ordered my copy but then didnt get the chance to pick it up. im getting it today.....yay! cant wait dammit!!! :D

and i do think that sirius is dead. the people in the order would know more about this veil than harry does and they said that he is dead. dumbledore said he is dead. i do think he will make an appearance in future books but i dont think he will actually be alive.

Last edited:

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I preordered the movie and have watched it twice since, so heres My take on the 3rd movie:

I found it interesting that they could cut so much out, yet left in all these bits that noone would understand, unless they had read the book. The best example I can think of, is Lupin's prior knowledge of the map and how to use it. He knows the spells to start it and turn it off, yet the movie does not detail that he was part of the making of the map.

Another example which they really should have included, was how Sirius knew that Petigrew was at hogwarts, and how Sirius would talk in his sleep saying something like "He's at hogwarts" (after seeing scabbers in the picture of the weeslys in the paper) which made them think he was after Harry. Also, they should have shown when Sirius went to attack scabbers, which scarred the shit out of Ron in bed. That would have been halarious and would've added to the mystery of Black. The lack of this scene also made the attack on the fat lady, seem really random.

Something I didn't like about it, was that Harry's patronis was not portrayed properly (in my oppinion). After Harry goes back in time and watches himself at the lake, I remember the book describing his attempts to cast the patronis as 'pathetic' (or something to the effect), yet it was still pretty cool and amazing to watch. I was expecting sparks, then nothing, making the final successful patronis to be VERY amazing in comparison. Also, the stag was hardly distinguishable, which sucked.

Another complaint is the portrayal of Draco. I expect Draco to be strong, so that he is an excellent nemesis of Harry. Yet, twice in the movie, the audience sees him wimpering. And, he gets his arse kicked by a girl.

Apart from these, I REALLY loved the movie.

Last edited:

moffat

Yeah. Think about it.
HSC
bug123 said:
I think this forum would be useful if i was about 10 years old and actually interested in reading about shitty magic and surrealism and all the bullshit that goes on in these "childrens" novels........seriously guys.....harry potter....ur a bit old dont u think??
no we're not too old...i did find it rather odd though last year when i did work exp in north sydney and every morning i caught the train..i noticed at least 4 ppl reading hp novels...and they were all 25+ and then what was even more amusing was at the nth syd shopping centre accross from the station i noticed even more adults most 35+ just sitting on benches reading hp...but yeah..theyre great books n everyone should read them

klh

HSC
just a question. the other day when they were showing HP PS on CH9, i found some differences in the scenes with the same movie i own on VHS. Anyone esle see the differences?
From memory, the scene where harry sees his parents in the mirror and is thinking about it in the morning or something (?) and he is wearing a blue jumper with "H" on it, i didnt have that scene on it and some oither scenes as well.

Ill be buying hte PoS movie tomorrow since i was too busy wiht exams to go to the movies. But from what jumb said, i agree with him about the movie, my opinion form the start was that is assumed people read the books already. My uncle went with me to PS and he was asking me what was this? and who was that? what happened? We becasm ethe unshushables.

Nice to see some HArry fans though...

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Yeah, they added the deleted scenes.

Even then though, there were scenes I hadn't seen before.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Have to say, I'm kinda glad in a way they left some things out. That way, those of us who read the books got more out of it, in a way, than those who haven't. Still, I'd have liked to see more of Snape, Marurders and McGonagall...

lilmzqt

+.~*Special*~.+
HSC
jumb said:
Something I didn't like about it, was that Harry's patronis was not portrayed properly (in my oppinion).
i think so too...in my imagination the patronus wasnt supposed to be a shield-looking object coming from his wand. and i know that they showed the stag but it didnt really seem to be connected to the patronus - it jus sat there where as in the books harrys patronus WAS the stag and the stag is what charged at the dementors and got rid of them not the sheild-looking thing...

Last edited:

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
lilmzqt said:
jumb said:
Something I didn't like about it, was that Harry's patronis was not portrayed properly (in my oppinion). QUOTE]

i think so too...in my imagination the patronus wasnt supposed to be a shield-looking object coming from his wand. and i know that they showed the stag but it didnt really seem to be connected to the patronus - it jus sat there where as in the books harrys patronus WAS the stag and the stag is what charged at the dementors and got rid of them not the sheild-looking thing...

Yeah, what use is the stag if it doesn nothing. And in OoTP all the DA members have conjured actual patronuses. If all that comes out is a little glimmer and the form of an animal, how could Hermoine's otter be gamboling about.

That is about one in a million problems with that film. I hope they get rid of that director because he was shit. He even destroyed the Hogwarts "feel". It's supposed to be a magical place, and he seemed to deflate it. I could name a whole lot of problems with the film (to me). Casting, visuals, special effects (hated the Werewolf).......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)