HARRY POTTER: Has anybody noticed....? (1 Viewer)

lilmzqt

+.~*Special*~.+
HSC
Enlightened_One said:
I hope they get rid of that director because he was shit. He even destroyed the Hogwarts "feel". It's supposed to be a magical place, and he seemed to deflate it. I could name a whole lot of problems with the film (to me). Casting, visuals, special effects (hated the Werewolf).......
i didnt not like the movie - in fact i thought it was the best out the three and i actually reeli loved the new directors ideas - i thought it made it seem a whole lot more realsitic. i do agree that the werewolf was a bit dodgy looking though. other than that and the patronus i reeli loved the movie.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
yep it definatly was a prety good movie, just a bit of a let down if you're comparing it to the book, and esspecially for me, when they leave out my favorite bits

lilmzqt

+.~*Special*~.+
HSC
White Rabbit said:
yep it definatly was a prety good movie, just a bit of a let down if you're comparing it to the book, and esspecially for me, when they leave out my favorite bits
what were those favourite bits for you that they cut? i know i would have loved to see the whole McGonnagal/Trelawney bitch fight type thingy in it but otherwise im not too fussed about specific parts - i was reeli looking forward to seeing Hermione punch Malfoy - and she did - so im happy. :)

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
White Rabbit said:

They always cut the your favourite bits out of the movie. Most of Fred and George go, which is a catastrophe.

But even worse, in the Chamber of Secrets novel remember when Harry and Ron take the car to school and look at the feast through the window and don't see Snape so they start saying things like.
"Maybe his sick."
"Maybe he left because noone likes him."
"Or maybe he was waiting to see why you two didn't arrive on the train like everybody else." And he is standing right behind them.

And then there was the rest of the Marauder's insults from the map about Snape.

And there's so much more left out.

lilmzqt

+.~*Special*~.+
HSC
thats true and it kinda suck but the main BASIC storyline is still there..i mean they have to make it shorter so that they can keep all the younger audiences interested in it - i mean if its too long then not as many pplz will be likely to see the movie...

rumour

HSC
Tennille said:
I thought the third movie was the worst. I felt as if they omitted much of the plot. Very disappointing. But maybe if I watch it for a second time, I might enjoy it more...
Yeah, same.

They left the whole quidditch storyline out of it, when it was a major part of the novel.

EDIT: I thought Harry's 'king of the world!' impression on the Buckbeak ride was very lame.

Last edited:

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i love fred and george
they are my two favourite characters from the novel
and i can't believe how non exisistant they are in the movies
they give it humour rather then all the darkness around harry

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
I watch the movies for mild weekend entertainment. Everything in there is different, however - it remains a separate entity from my view of the literary HP universe.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
If you guys are fussed over the movies skipping goods parts of the book then Goblet of Fire is gonna PISS YOU OFF....they're making one regular length movie...and skipping the whole beginning and many other parts i imagine :mad: :vcross: :vcross:

lilmzqt

+.~*Special*~.+
HSC
Sarah168 said:
If you guys are fussed over the movies skipping goods parts of the book then Goblet of Fire is gonna PISS YOU OFF....they're making one regular length movie...and skipping the whole beginning and many other parts i imagine :mad: :vcross: :vcross:
i alwayz knew that they were gunna make it a normal length movie and i dunno....i know that its gunna cut lots out but i dun rekon it'll piss me off dat much...i LOVE everything bout HP so i dunno...i reckon i'll still like it...

budj

HSC
Yeah sames, aa noo. The quiditch world cu woulda been great. Andi love, in the book,all those class room antics, and fred an george

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
movies screw books, we all know that.
I wanted harry to get with cho. :( and stay with her I meant.

lilmzqt

+.~*Special*~.+
HSC
budj said:
Yeah sames, aa noo. The quiditch world cu woulda been great. Andi love, in the book,all those class room antics, and fred an george
what do u mean the quidditch world cup WOULDA been great....it IS gunna be in there u know..they've started filming that part already........

rumour

HSC
Sarah168 said:
I heard that the Yule Ball is still in there.

Linda N

HSC
N/A
Originally Posted by mushroom_head
Movies will never be as good as the book itself. They just ruin what you imagine things to be like
I totally agree with that for those who like reading books.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)