HARRY POTTER & the goblet of fire!! (1 Viewer)

HSC
My little rant ...

1. Where the hell was Malfoy during this film? Surely in the book he played a greater role than the measley 10 or so lines he was given?

2. Since when did Mcgonigal become comical? She was always meant to be a serious character.

3. Why have so little of Snape in the film?

4. The total changes of Dumbledore I find a tad hard to accept.

Gay Captain

HSC
jeremiahk said:
Emma Watson cannot act naturally. She tries I spose, but alot of it ends up with OH MY GOD LOOK AT MY FACIAL EXPRESSIONS, NOW I AM WORRIED.. *Furrows Eyebrows*

I like the movies, I think they are well done, considering the books. If you are expecting movies that are as good as the books, you'll always get disappointed, because 1. You know whats going to happen ANYWAY, so theres less thrill there 2. You are always comparing what you think and believe to be dogma, which is a fucking awesome book.. so it wont be good and 3. They have to fit a fat book into under 3 hours. Keeping pace all the time, keeping non readers up to date with the storyline.
OMG how can you say that about Emma? She's so talented!

Gay Captain

HSC
Clearly you could dig up and post pre-pubescent pics of absolutely anybody.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
re: emma watson/hermione's hair- it was never that bushy. at all. and her teeth didn't stick out or anything.

what's with the triwizard champions having less than 5 lines each? i was looking forward to krum's hermioninny or whatever it was.
fleur wasn't that great at all. nothing about the veela.
but it was much much better than the last. by far my favourite so far. it would've been heaps better to have watched it without having read the book but.

edit: and cho chang's accent totally threw me off for some reason.

Last edited:

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
Whenever anyone talks about Fleur I'm like, say what? Cos my friend's name is Fleur haah, anyways I havent seen the new movie or read the latest book.

Such a dedicated fan :rolleyes:

And Emma Watson cannot act (this is true) and does not fit the appearance of Hermione (not her fault, most likely her manager not wanting her to look ugly, or maybe she's a spoilt brat.. she does have that look about her).

Anyways I can't muster the courage to go and pay $11 or something to watch the new one..

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
sunjet said:
haha omg pale, that's definitely turned me off
You sure it doesn't do the opposite? It certainly doesn't turn Gay Captain off.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Definetely the worst one yet. Mike Newell tries (and fails) to prove that effects and big stuff will win over acting and a maintainable plot. Obviously, it doesn't

timmay05

HSC
It was pretty darn bad. First half of the movie, the plotless half, I would give 1 star to. The second half of the movie, where the scenes were more than snippets and almost flowed togethor I give a 3 to. This gives it a score of about 2, however there were a few good sequences in the film. I dislike J.K's writing style, but I think I disliked this film more than the book!

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
best book....worst film....(well maybe second after PoA)

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
i loved the PoA film! It is my favourite still, then this one.

We have to remember that the film is only BASED on the novels so it will never have the complete intricate and subtle details that the books have due purely to time constraints. If there wasnt so much pressure to only make 7 films to match up with the 7 books then they would probably split films to cover more details of the books.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i liked it... i guess i just made myself keep it mind that the book was always going to be better & more intricate. it had its problems, but 'worst one yet'? no fucking way

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Here, yes:

Here, no:

I think I just like the brooding look...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)