HARRY POTTER & the goblet of fire!! (1 Viewer)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
sunjet said:
fleur + hermione for the win. ginny and the asian girl were ugly :|
geez fleur wasnt that great. Hermione was pretty though. I reckon Ginny is quite pretty. She was cutesy in COS but I personally think she's growing quite pretty.

Cho is alright but her accent throws me off. "Sorry Harry? But I ummm I already told someone else I'd guuuu with them?" (not exact quote but whatever)

She talks like every sentence is a Q

klh

HSC
any fav. quotes? I remember there was a good laff when Neville goes " Oh no, I've killed Harry Potter"...after he gives him the gillyweed...

and im sorta slow...but when hermione goes Krums just a physical being...what does that mean? she likes him coz he is big and strong...i feel like im missingsomething out of that...

edit: btw...teh relsease date is somewhere in april [mugglenet]...damn thats soo long

Last edited:

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
April release? It's not that far away, I thought it would be a longer wait than that.

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
klh said:
any fav. quotes?
I've already mentioned it, but when Rita Skeeter described Harry as having "at best, a pathological need for attention; at worst, a psychotic death wish", I lolled.

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
Harry: Hagrid warned me about the dragons!
Ron: No, no! Remember I told Hermione to tell you that Seamus told me that Dean was told by Parvari that Hagrid was looking for you. Seamus didn't really tell me anything. So it was really me all along! I thought you'd be able to figure it out from there.
Harry: How could anybody figure that out? It's completely mental!

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
being the tightass i am i saw it yesterday on tuesday ! haha saved heaps. i found the movie quite fast. it wasn't that bad but wasn't that good either. but besides that i found it quite sad near the end.

Last edited:

M.I.A-187

HSC
From what i saw in the trailer...damn i want to see it :) and the hungarian horntail convince me even more (for flicks like that. i am just the special effect monster dude....). Still need to wait longer cause retarded hk cinema not showing it right now :(

klh

HSC
the thing that made me watch the movie was teh hype, the trailers and ofcourse the interviews...

haha yes, i like those quotes too...

umm, still nobody hasany views aobt hermione's sentecne aobtu physical being...

P

pLuvia

I watched it because I've watched the previous ones, and read all the books except for the second and third one :) might as well watch this one as well

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
klh said:
the thing that made me watch the movie was teh hype, the trailers and ofcourse the interviews...

haha yes, i like those quotes too...

umm, still nobody hasany views aobt hermione's sentecne aobtu physical being...
yeah same ...

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
I liked it better than the other (3?) - mostly because it was a lot faster paced, and skipped a lot of the rubbish at the beginning/end that the books have.

Also, the music WASN'T by john williamson which was a definite + in my books.. he tends to overdo the drama.. yawn. Nice thematic material there too, particularly when they were about to do the challenges and the music was so happy and cheery :) Made me laugh. (Definitely proves it's an older-audience movie though.. younger kids wouldn't be able to associate the music to the themes of the movie)

All in all Harry is a lot less Frodo-like than he was in the last few movies, which was appealing. I can't do that deer-in-the-headlights thing for more than three movies.. particularly when they're all ~3hrs long.. :p

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I was a bit late seeing this (um, "issues" with the person I was supposed to go with), but I got my hands on a dvd copy.

Its been ages since I read the book so I can't really comment on the faithfulness or anything like that. But as a stand alone film I thought it was really good, quite possibly better than the 3rd, IMHO. You can tell the director really wanted to include so much more than was shown, but due to time constraints its been noticably chopped in a few places (the quiddich cut-away was really awkward). I hope they reinclude some deleted scenes on the dvd release. Or even a director's cut would be fantasical.

Happy that the producers had the balls to keep the story about as violent and adult-themed as it was in the book. If this movie had been kiddicised it'd be a great disservice. "Piss off" took me by surprise. heh.

Mosh pit in the yule ball? one of the things I always loved about the books was the escapism of it al. The inclusion of rock music and moshing in the movie sort of detracted from the whole fantastical, other-worldly feel of the wizarding universe. But that's just a minor complaint.

chockie

HSC
Lundy said:
Mosh pit in the yule ball? one of the things I always loved about the books was the escapism of it al. The inclusion of rock music and moshing in the movie sort of detracted from the whole fantastical, other-worldly feel of the wizarding universe. But that's just a minor complaint.
I didn't like that either. And i think i wouldn't have hurt to add an extra half hour...the first half of the movie felt too rushed. It didn't feel that long as a whole, so i don't think keeping more in would've made it drag at all.

I liked it when Harry spat his drink when Cho looked at him :D

ugly14

G0Ldën MëMbër
HSC
my only complaint....*its too short and not enough explanation of things* (i was expecting alot more things to happen) but they took too much out......which makes it really hard to understand if u haven't read the book beforehand.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
i know its been mentioned before, but the maze scene should have been waay better. what abotu that weird animal with the riddle?! and the dementors... it was just bullshit squashing of the bushes. :(:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)