• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Has Anyone Finished their HSC and RETURNED back to school to do it again? (1 Viewer)

louise08

HSC
wow, i thought you could just repeat year 12, but you actually have to repeat both year 11 and 12??

loz8888

HSC
Kirsty Xx said:
There's a guy in our year who came back to complete year 11 and 12.... he wants to become a police officer...

He's 28.

It's never too late :p
Wow! thats really cool! he's 28.

Good on him !

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
Kirsty Xx said:
There's a guy in our year who came back to complete year 11 and 12.... he wants to become a police officer...

He's 28.

It's never too late :p
Glad to hear that i'm not alone we also have a 42 year old woman in our year. So as you said it is never to late :p

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
OsamaBinLaden, what a stupid thread. Thank god marcquelle didn't didn't bite (good on you).

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
marcquelle said:
I am, doing it again.) You can do just year 12 again but my subjects didn't fit into the timetable easily. PLUS i wanted to show the a-holes at UAC that just cause you do creativec arts, doesn't make you stupid. I don't see why they are scaled down if all "subjects are scaled fairly:axedeath: :vcross: ".) Its not that hard cause you know what to expect and it wasn't that stressful the first anyway.:D Its only stressful if you want it to be. I'm still enjoying it. LOL I'M CRAZY :grinshak:
Wow, you are awesome!

I really don't think you are crazy at all. That's a highly audacious and well-considered move!

I remember getting told my mom to repeat my Year 8 and 9 due to my poor English performance at school and in other subjects. I basically ignored her at the time because I didn't wish to be constantly ridiculed by those who went on to Year 9 or Year 10 at that time. However, I used to construct the scenario I would be placed in if I actually repeated my Year 8 or Year 9. I constantly asked myself, "Could I have been better off repeating and competiting with the younger kids?".

I actually don't know whether I would have been better off or not. But I dismissed that opportunity at that time because I was a coward. Who knows? I might walk on your path in few years to come.

And please, stop belittling others purely based on this trivial matter. Everyone could have gone through and many people can actually benefit from this. It's important to grab any opportunities that can be of great use to your desired future career.

Last edited:

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
lyounamu said:
Wow, you are awesome!

I really don't think you are crazy at all. That's a highly audacious and well-considered move!

I remember getting told my mom to repeat my Year 8 and 9 due to my poor English performance at school and in other subjects. I basically ignored her at the time because I didn't wish to be constantly ridiculed by those who went on to Year 9 or Year 10 at that time. However, I used to construct the scenario I would be placed in if I actually repeated my Year 8 or Year 9. I constantly asked myself, "Could I have been better off repeating and competiting with the younger kids?".

I actually don't know whether I would have been better off or not. But I dismissed that opportunity at that time because I was a coward. Who knows? I might walk on your path in few years to come.

And please, stop belittling others purely based on this trivial matter. Everyone could have gone through and many people can actually benefit from this. It's important to grab any opportunities that can be of great use to your desired future career.
Thank You so much. and i agree with what you said about OsamaBinLadens pathetic attempt at belittling people. I wish all the luck in the world with your upcoming mathematics trials and HSC just remeber to go at with all you can and it is not stressful unless you make it stressful. In ending GOOD LUCK :)

HSC
Hey "O GREAT" Osamabinladen,

I am one of the few on this site that believe repeating is lame. It means you were to STUPID to do it properly the first time and want a second chance even though you don't deserve it.

As for one of marquelle's other comments stating that the UAC people thought the subjects marquelle did made you a dumb person is completely absurd! The scaling system (which you obviously know nothing about) is AS FAIR AS POSSIBLE TO ALL STUDENTS.

You just want someone else to blame for you getting a crap UAI. Shame on you for not taking responsibility for your own mistakes. You have no courage and/or integrity by blaming other people for your downfalls.

peterissosexy

HSC
personally i think that if youve gone the 2 years and ur marks werent good enough to do wot u really wanted ten repeat why wouldnt you?????????

peterissosexy

HSC
mythical chaos said:

I am one of the few on this site that believe repeating is lame. It means you were to STUPID to do it properly the first time and want a second chance even though you don't deserve it.

As for one of marquelle's other comments stating that the UAC people thought the subjects marquelle did made you a dumb person is completely absurd! The scaling system (which you obviously know nothing about) is AS FAIR AS POSSIBLE TO ALL STUDENTS.

You just want someone else to blame for you getting a crap UAI. Shame on you for not taking responsibility for your own mistakes. You have no courage and/or integrity by blaming other people for your downfalls.
im guessing ur uai was or will be shit
lol

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
mythical chaos said:
Getting an education is a right, not a privilege. You can choose to exercise that right as many times as you want.

Cerry

HSC
OsamaBinLaden said:
WTF is this?

Marquelle has become Mary mother of Jesus just because she repeated?

:lol:
No, it's just that you're being a dickweed, so people feel a stronger need to make sure that he knows that he's actually doing something worthwhile.

I personally wouldn't be able to stand going through year 11 and 12 again, because it sucks enough the first time through. So I really admire that Marquelle is doing it again, it shows a lot of dedication and determination that most people don't have.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Just ignore Osama, simply another troll. Good luck Marquelle! I hope you do attain that UAI to get into your forensic based course.

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
mythical chaos said:

Maybe their UAI result wasn't the base reason behind repeating - perhaps their career aspirations have changed. Prerequisites darling, prerequisites. Perchance these people that wish to repeat need to attain specific qualifications to fit degree requirements (if they wish to persue university).

Besides, people may have worked their arse off for the UAI they were hoping for but unfortunately didn't achieve to their expectations (or maybe just fell short), and returned to school to LEARN FROM THEIR MISTAKES i.e. do things differently (study regime, work ethics etc) to accomplish optimum results. Not achieving the best possible UAI the first time around DOES NOT make anybody STUPID. Plus everyone deserves a second chance.

I'm with Aplus when he said, "Sacrificing 2 years is a small price to pay for the satisfaction of knowing that you'll be able to pursue whatever career aspirations you may have in your future" and Aerath saying, "Getting an education is a right, not a privilege. You can choose to exercise that right as many times as you want."

Shame on your for being so narrow-minded. I'm now looking forward to completing the HSC and beating the likes of people who are lacking tolerance or flexibility or breadth of view, just like you.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)