Has anyone started their prelims yet? (1 Viewer)

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
OMG LUCKY!!! I still have two to go 😰 I got literally the worst distribution of exams, five in the first week (chemistry and maths on back-to-back days), and then only two in the second week, both of which are quite easy
Mine's same, but flipped (two first week, four in the second in three days). I'm so excited to be done

It feels so good to be done, I can finally do fun stuff without feeling guilty 😂
I was studying for bio/chem/modern but I ended up taking a huge break after hours of just spamming past papers and memorising my notes and I felt so bad 😭, I can't wait to take much longer breaks -- as soon as I'm done on wednesday the rest of the day I'll just be doing anything but studying tbh

dsakvyilsa

HSC
Mine's same, but flipped (two first week, four in the second in three days). I'm so excited to be done

I was studying for bio/chem/modern but I ended up taking a huge break after hours of just spamming past papers and memorising my notes and I felt so bad 😭, I can't wait to take much longer breaks -- as soon as I'm done on wednesday the rest of the day I'll just be doing anything but studying tbh
My last exam is bio on Tuesday, I'm so hyped to get this all over and done with so I can finally relax for a little while

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
THIS. MOD 3&4 WERE SO BORING 😭
LITERALLY OH MY GOD ESPECIALLY WHEN WE DID EVOLUTION AND PAST ECOSYSTEMS I WAS SO DONE IT WAS SO BORING (thank god we stopped halfway through mod 4 because the teachers said anything beyond that was 100% not going to be in our exam 😭)

i'm honestly so glad that hsc topics are way more interesting, if it was just ecology i would just not have picked bio 💀

dsakvyilsa

HSC
LITERALLY OH MY GOD ESPECIALLY WHEN WE DID EVOLUTION AND PAST ECOSYSTEMS I WAS SO DONE IT WAS SO BORING (thank god we stopped halfway through mod 4 because the teachers said anything beyond that was 100% not going to be in our exam 😭)

i'm honestly so glad that hsc topics are way more interesting, if it was just ecology i would just not have picked bio 💀
We actually started with mod 3 & 4, and then did 1 & 2, my teacher thought it made more sense to do it that way

dsakvyilsa

HSC
How much study will everyone be doing in the holidays?
I think I'm going to do some light studying throughout, nothing hardcore though. I might try and get ahead with content for bio/chem/maths but that's about it I think. I'm gonna buy pokemon legends arceus for myself as a reward for completing exams, so that should keep me busy during the holidays 🥳

carrotsss

HSC
im gonna have to study everyday - preparing for mx2, and getting ahead of math adv. Ill just try and get ahead by atleast one inquiry question for each subject. But i mean it is the holidays so idk if ill get lazy or not
Yeah I feel like I always say I’m gonna do all this stuff in the holidays and then I get lazy and nothing gets done lol
I think I'm going to do some light studying throughout, nothing hardcore though. I might try and get ahead with content for bio/chem/maths but that's about it I think. I'm gonna buy pokemon legends arceus for myself as a reward for completing exams, so that should keep me busy during the holidays 🥳
Ahhh I wish I had a switch, sounds like fun!

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
How much study will everyone be doing in the holidays?
everyday studying for japanese hsc (💀) but also starting mod 5 for chem+bio + light studying for maths with my tutoring notes

but as well as all that gonna have some fun yknow 🥳 i don't have to worry about my marks for another 2 weeks :D

(i'd honestly also read my eng adv text if my class was doing 1984 - but my class is part of cohort that's doing the other stream doing a shakespeare play for the first module - so i'm not gonna bother 💀)

carrotsss

HSC
everyday studying for japanese hsc (💀) but also starting mod 5 for chem+bio + light studying for maths with my tutoring notes

but as well as all that gonna have some fun yknow 🥳 i don't have to worry about my marks for another 2 weeks :D

(i'd honestly also read my eng adv text if my class was doing 1984 - but my class is part of cohort that's doing the other stream doing a shakespeare play for the first module - so i'm not gonna bother 💀)
Ahh same for the hsc except sor, I'm planning to submit so many practice responses to my teacher but I'm also overseas for a week (not gonna study then) and I still wanna have some fun on the other week. I remember when holidays were just playing video games until 2am every day and going to friends houses every afternoon :(

dsakvyilsa

HSC
Ahh same for the hsc except sor, I'm planning to submit so many practice responses to my teacher but I'm also overseas for a week (not gonna study then) and I still wanna have some fun on the other week. I remember when holidays were just playing video games until 2am every day and going to friends houses every afternoon :(
is SOR 1 just one unit?

carrotsss

HSC
is SOR 1 just one unit?
Yep

Still care about doing well though, I am hoping it can act as a backup for when I inevitably mess up physics or chem. Also I want to continue my redemption arc from the trials 😂

carrotsss

HSC
I get mine back after holidays a couple weeks in.
Apparently we get English back on Monday (which is great, really quick) but I’m not sure about the other subjects. Waiting that long sounds so annoying 😦
Just don't burn out before yr 12 starts Lol. Good luck and have fun studying.
I’ll try haha, I’m taking a week off from studying now that prelims are over but just praying that I don’t burn out because of religion

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
catholic school moment with the mandatory accel sor 💀 i went to a catholic school in primary and got a scholarship for a catholic girls' high school, but then i got into the school i applied for (the one i attend now) and my dad begged me to choose this school over the catholic one lol (just to think i could be doing sor 1 now too if i hadn't caved in to my dad lmao)

Apparently we get English back on Monday (which is great, really quick) but I’m not sure about the other subjects. Waiting that long sounds so annoying 😦
yeah since the last day of exams ends with english extension on friday, my school's also not getting marks back since first week of term i think (because of reports and having to reshuffle classes right afterward), the anxiety is #real

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)