Has anyone started their prelims yet? (1 Viewer)

carrotsss

HSC
Mine start on Thursday, I’m terrified for English and physics 😖

dhwanit2005

HSC
My prelims start on next week beginning with English on monday, which is gonna mess with my brain for the rest of my prelims :(

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
starting 8 days from now, english first up, then mx1 two days later, remaining 4 exams the week after
been doing a bajillion maths papers and writing prac essays which might not even be relevant to the exam qn 💀, but also a bit nervous for chem

Last edited:

dsakvyilsa

HSC
^^ How does everyone think they’ll go?
I'm most nervous for mx1, bio, and chem, as they're the subjects I care about the most. I don't really care about my ex1 and business exams, as I'll be dropping those subjects, but I will still try my best. It's going to be so weird having proper, formal exams like this, for the first time ever (in my case, anyway).

carrotsss

HSC
Has anyone else sat the western regions prelim maths advanced paper?

I sat it today and it was… really easy tbh, I ended up with an hour and 15 minutes to check my answers at the end. Like I’d done so many past papers and it was low key disappointing when I went into the actual exam and it was 100x easier than the past papers. :(

That aside, how are everyone else’s prelims going?

HSC
Has anyone else sat the western regions prelim maths advanced paper?

I sat it today and it was… really easy tbh, I ended up with an hour and 15 minutes to check my answers at the end. Like I’d done so many past papers and it was low key disappointing when I went into the actual exam and it was 100x easier than the past papers. :(

That aside, how are everyone else’s prelims going?
I don’t think I sat the same paper as you, but all my prelims have been easy so far it’s so weird. I was expecting a really intensive exam with all of our year’s content, but it was probably 1/3 of the syllabus for most of my subjects. I still have 2 to go but I can’t help but feel a bit annoyed 💀 Like all of that cramming and waking up at 5am to study for nothing lol

carrotsss

HSC
I don’t think I sat the same paper as you, but all my prelims have been easy so far it’s so weird. I was expecting a really intensive exam with all of our year’s content, but it was probably 1/3 of the syllabus for most of my subjects. I still have 2 to go but I can’t help but feel a bit annoyed 💀 Like all of that cramming and waking up at 5am to study for nothing lol
Yeah same, I’ve been tryharding so much for these prelims and easy exams are annoying because they don’t really reward your hard work as much.
I don’t think I sat the same paper as you
Did your paper have a question about a very large flag pole on a mountain?

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Yeah same, I’ve been tryharding so much for these prelims and easy exams are annoying because they don’t really reward your hard work as much.
Hoping mine are objectively easy too, but at the same time I'd honestly be miffed if they weren't (at least for Maths). Kicking off with English on Monday, apparently the essay question is super specific and there's a chance it may not be related to the ideas we were studying for our texts (which is what they did last year with Macbeth ...)

carrotsss

HSC
Hoping mine are objectively easy too, but at the same time I'd honestly be miffed if they weren't (at least for Maths). Kicking off with English on Monday, apparently the essay question is super specific and there's a chance it may not be related to the ideas we were studying for our texts (which is what they did last year with Macbeth ...)
Ahh I had a relatively specific essay question too, freaked out for a few minutes in reading time and then cooled down and made a plan to adapt my ideas. I think(?) I went alright, judging by how little confidence everyone else had afterwards, I think I’m happy with it.

Good luck for next week! :D

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Ahh I had a relatively specific essay question too, freaked out for a few minutes in reading time and then cooled down and made a plan to adapt my ideas. I think(?) I went alright, judging by how little confidence everyone else had afterwards, I think I’m happy with it.

Good luck for next week! :D
Good luck for the rest of your exams, if you still have some left :)

carrotsss

HSC
Good luck for the rest of your exams, if you still have some left :)
Thanks, I still have 4 left! I think I’m gonna go insane from all the study haha, I’ve been literally having dreams about doing physics questions 😵

fx82au

HSC
I’ve been literally having dreams about doing physics questions 😵
that was literally me this morning. Thankfully I had my physics prelims today, and honestly wasnt too bad. Just wish I had a bit more time, cause all the multiple choice question required more than a couple of lines of working out, and only 2 of them were general knowledge, e.g. which is the scalar.

HSC

Did your paper have a question about a very large flag pole on a mountain?
Nope, but yeah at least they’re good practice for our trials and HSC :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)