Has anyone stuffed up term 4 assessments and managed to get over 90? (1 Viewer)

rajputsingh

HSC
Hey mate i totally and i mean totally screwed up my trials i got an 88ancient 80 business 80 economics 77 legal 64 in english and guess my uai.......91! so as long as u have other assesments to back u up and u totally ace the hsc exam u shud remember assesemnts only equate to 50% of ur mark and they are raw marks they can get even higher eg my school english mark was 75 i ended up with 81 so good luck mate

lordesf

HSC
In term 4 i got 56% in phsyics test, and 64% in ext1(when the avg was 76)
So i was so worried about hsoe 2.,...

Anyway i did start working hard after tht term and in the hsc i got 80 in physics and 88 in ext1 maths

I ended up with a uai 94.85..... so.... theres a huge chance still

bored of sc

HSC
lordesf said:
In term 4 i got 56% in phsyics test, and 64% in ext1(when the avg was 76)
So i was so worried about hsoe 2.,...

Anyway i did start working hard after tht term and in the hsc i got 80 in physics and 88 in ext1 maths

I ended up with a uai 94.85..... so.... theres a huge chance still
That's cool. :)

I got 55% in extension 2 maths :( and 71% in Chemistry -- so I'm definitely looking to improve those two.

lordesf

HSC
wats ur rank in ext2?

i got 59% in ext 2 in my 1st asesment... and yeh i never imrpvoed much throughout the yr and i stil managed ot get 80 in the hsc, so ur fine!

bored of sc

HSC
lordesf said:
wats ur rank in ext2?

i got 59% in ext 2 in my 1st asesment... and yeh i never imrpvoed much throughout the yr and i stil managed ot get 80 in the hsc, so ur fine!
Wow, that's a relief. I'm ranked 1st but there's only 3 of us and one girl is dropping - so 2. I'm just disappointed since the test was relatively straight forward but I choked under exam pressure.

But yeah, from your experience it sounds very promising. I'm starting to love all this moderation/scaling business everyone is talking about. :)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I stuffed up term 4 assessment for 2 unit hsc maths last year. I came equal 11-12th (with like 10 people) out of 70 people. So I basically was ranked like 20-25 in reality.

At the end, I got 100 in 2 unit hsc maths.

bored of sc

HSC
lyounamu said:
I stuffed up term 4 assessment for 2 unit hsc maths last year. I came equal 11-12th (with like 10 people) out of 70 people. So I basically was ranked like 20-25 in reality.

At the end, I got 100 in 2 unit hsc maths.
Were you ranked 1st internally at the end of the year?

dp624

HSC
Wow, that's a relief. I'm ranked 1st but there's only 3 of us and one girl is dropping - so 2. I'm just disappointed since the test was relatively straight forward but I choked under exam pressure.
Lol only 3 of you - you had better rely on your own performance. I'd be really angry if i was ranked 2nd and topped the external by a fair margin
However it allows you to state rank easier =P

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
dp624 said:
Lol only 3 of you - you had better rely on your own performance. I'd be really angry if i was ranked 2nd and topped the external by a fair margin
However it allows you to state rank easier =P
Nah, if you are competing against a really good guy and manage to come equal first, and then you lose a mark and then the other gets 100, he will pull you up. I think many Ruse people got pulled up in that regards.

On the other hand, if you are first and lost just a mark, you have less chance of getting state rank because state rank is determined first by HSC mark and internal mark.

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
kooltrainer said:
guess what.. i stuffed up all my english asssesssments and ranked last in my school... i managed to pull a 98.1 coz i worked so hard in the actual test
What was your internal and external marks for english?

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
i literally failed chem less than 30% , i had the lowest mark in my 3u maths class(almost consistently) and below average for physics in term 4

i was really devastated and i thought there was no hope for 90+ uai.

i was like at the bottom 20% of the cohort and in the end i managed to pull around 95

only started studying really hard during trials and actual hsc, not bad =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)