Has anyone stuffed up term 4 assessments and managed to get over 90? (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
notovereighteen said:
There are many threads regarding this issue. Using search function would definitely help.:)

However, I will briefly give my answer.

Yes it's possible and there are tonnes of examples of this. In the thread I looked earlier on about this issue, many people have expressed their opinions that you cans till get 90+ UAI, even 95+ or 100 UAI.

dolbinau

HSC
Well I can only give my experience by term 4 2007 I scored only 75% in a physics test, ranked something like 11th? This is especially bad in a very low ranking school (535th last year). But by the end of 2008 my rank was 2nd and my overall physics mark was 88 [not that good, but still alright]

UAI 96.05.

A similar story with English Advanced, think my rank was something like 15th in the 60 % then by end of 08 came out with 3rd rank and overall HSC mark of 89.

So yes, don't lose hope.

dp624

HSC
Yes I stuffed up term 4 and ended up getting over 90. depends on what you call stuff up but. my stuff up is below or about average

jennieTalia

HSC
I had TERRIBLE ranks (Talking below top 5) for a few subjects...

And saved myself with my trial marks :D, making me rank first in four out of six subjects, and high in the other two.

UAI- 96.2 :D

erm

HSC
Hell yes i completely stuffed up in term 4 2007. Spent whole year playing catch-up and still got over 90 - although i am sure i would've done a fair bit better had i not stuffed those group of assessments.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
dp624 said:
Yes I stuffed up term 4 and ended up getting over 90. depends on what you call stuff up but. my stuff up is below or about average
understatement

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
I was ranked 10/13 after half yrly in Advanced English. After trial, I was 3/13.
Of course, it was not enough for me to work hard to climb back up, you also need to hope that your other classmates stuff up their subsequent assessments so you look better in contrast.

Cruel I know, but 'tis the truth.

Shezz90

HSC
chewy123 said:
I was ranked 10/13 after half yrly in Advanced English. After trial, I was 3/13.
Of course, it was not enough for me to work hard to climb back up, you also need to hope that your other classmates stuff up their subsequent assessments so you look better in contrast.

Cruel I know, but 'tis the truth.
ye thats true , i stuffed up term 4 assessments but with hardwork & hoping other students stuff up in thee other assessments ii still managed a UAI above 90

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
what you need to take into account is that term 4 assessments tend to be of a lesser weighting (say 10%) to account for people who are nervy about their HSC year.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
Depends what you consider 'stuffing up' but the 2007 dux of my school ranked second last in his first english assessment at got a UAI of 99.8

Shan4curry

HSC
I can tell you that I was pretty consistent with Business Studies assessments from Term 4 until halfway through Term 3. I screwed up my Trial Paper and got something like 62%...and weighting for that was pretty high (can't remember how much, 30% or a little more?). I thought I would never get a Band 6.

I got really worried and studied my arse off for the actual HSC exam...ended up getting a Band 6 overall (90/100). =) Didn't get me 90+ UAI but I'm still relieved.

~aussiegirl!~

08 sac baby!
HSC
^^^ hey i know you

I relate too i stuffed up business studies, legal studies, religion in my trials
someone told me that i wasn't going to even be able to get a good uai and all this BS!

I ended up with 86/100 for business studies after only receiving 60% in trials although i aced all my other assessments not full marks but top 10

legal i was getting 40% in exams and around 70% for assessments and ended up with 75, i honestly didn't ever think i would pass

religion 2 unit i received around 68% for my trial and overall ended up with 77 in the hsc .. 81/100 assessment .. you can see im not so good in exam conditions with that subject

I didn't get over 90+ uai more like 73.25 but it just shows that yes u can turn things around and teachers continued to tell us that it is never too late to start!

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
Yes i did he was my ranks after my first assesment due to lack of effort due to the want for holidays/silly mistakes

Chemistry 45/80
Bio 10/180
English 150/200
religion 120/200
Maths 40/90
Ext maths 25/36

I was very disappointed and looking back i wish i had put more effort in, i put more in for the other assesment (i wish i had put more in though) and ended up with the following ranks for the hsc

Chemistry 5/80
Bio 2/180
English 90/180 (really disappointing since i kept getting in the top 15% in the next three assesments)
Maths 10/90
Ext maths 25/36 (mucked up the cssa trial)
2SOR 40/200

i wasnt happy with my ranks, since i new that if i hadnt mucked up the first i would have been a bit higher, and silly mistakes caused by rushing through out the year cost me especially in bio

Anyway my uai was 92.55, i put in a fair amount of study for the hsc exams but again disappointingly not enough

So yer basicalyl to sum up i wasnt at all happy with any of my assesment marks or ranks but still managed to get over 90.

Sigh if only i studied a decent amount, and a hint of advice dont rush your exams youll make a lot of silly mistakes, ie in the 2008 biology hsc i got question 1 wrong cause i misread it. Its a question that everyone in the state is meant to get right, yet i managed to get it wrong, i still got a high band 6 for it but still

Last edited:

kooltrainer

HSC
guess what.. i stuffed up all my english asssesssments and ranked last in my school... i managed to pull a 98.1 coz i worked so hard in the actual test

sparklstsista

HSC
i did well throughout the year like in every subject and had my ranks nice and well set out they were in between 2-8
but wen i got to the hsc. i fuked up so bad. i didnt study much at all. I lost all my motiation and gave up and still did decent and got a uai of 85.10
but oi who ever u are: dont give up!
keep wrking hard.. u still have many assessments to come.. and many ppl do shit in the trial so just make sure u study hard for them especially if there worth 50% or something.

and just study very hard for the hsc. u only do it once!
and thats the end of it

Nivi7

HSC
Well, I scewed up big time in term 4 2007. Since primary, I'd been getting above 90% in maths so I decided to tackle 4 unit maths in year 12. BIG MISTAKE!!! In the 1st assessments, I got 51% in 4u maths and 76% in 3 Unit. I ended up getting really depressed but I decided to work hard in '08. In the Term 1 assesments I screwed up, once again, this time in chem and english ( 60% in each) and my maths marks failed to improve. The only thing I was consistent in was french.

Then I just decided to forget about all my marks and I worked my arse off for the 3rd assessments, the trial and the actual HSC and I ended up getting above 90% in English, 3 Units Maths and French; above 80% in Chem and 4 Unit Maths and I got a UAI above 97.

So basically, don't think that you're a failure just cuz u stuffed up your first assessments, or even your second. If you work your arse off during the trials, and the actual HSC, you should get a pretty decent UAI!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)