Hating Single Life... (1 Viewer)

sharks05

HSC
So most of my friends are coupled up now and unfort for the last year and a half Ive been single with random one night pick/hook ups. We had our annual usyd physio ball-themed Hoolywood last night and I must say it truly trulysucked to be single!! And despite being a good nite most people were coupled up which truly, truly sucked. Ended up leaving early...
Anyone else truly over being single!!!

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
meh iam kinda over it kinda not. Being single can be alot of fun, i dont feel like i have to impress anyone or have any sort of responsability. If i wanna hook up with some girl who has been giving me the eye all night i can, if i want to go out 3 nights a week stay out all night drinking with the fellas i can.

On the flipside there is no emotional connection with someone special. Theres no regular sex. Theres no1 i can talk to about important stuff. There is no feeling of someone caring for you and looking out for you.
I kind of miss the emotional connection, but i still wont put myself down as 'single and looking' i am single and happy with that. If someone who is attractive and cool comes along and is interested in me then something is going to happen. If not then i dont really care.

sharks05

HSC
Yeah im one of those work a holic, independent types but still like to go out often and de stress :)

lengy

HSC
You're a girl, shouldn't be hard. If you're after quality, it will be.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I've been single for almost 4 years. It has its benefits but I think it's time I had a go at a relationship.

sharks05

HSC
Yep I'm searchin too...Uni social is good but cumbo is just too small for my liking.. we should start an Desperate and Dateless BOS online dating service. Recruit dates for people who are off to formal functions and balls .....lol

lengy

HSC
I prefer to be financially stable before I enter a relationship... so it'll be a while. =\

puglover

HSC
im currently single. i make a try to meet somone.. like ill be talking to guy to the point of asking to go out on date or something yatta yatta.. then sorta worm my self back out.. because i just broke up with my boyfriend and it just seems.. i dunno i just think im scared to make that sort of commitment again.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
sharks05 said:
So most of my friends are coupled up now and unfort for the last year and a half Ive been single with random one night pick/hook ups. We had our annual usyd physio ball-themed Hoolywood last night and I must say it truly trulysucked to be single!! And despite being a good nite most people were coupled up which truly, truly sucked. Ended up leaving early...
Anyone else truly over being single!!!
3 years, sometimes it creeps up, but for the most part I've been quite content with my singledom. Right now, I'm just trying to focus on other aspects of my life, keep yourself busy, and it helps to not have to think about it.

dodgyfilokid

HSC
yeah well i was single for bloody years (well u dont count d part when i was 13 years or younger lol) until this year when i was wit my girl for almost a month then we broke up...yeah well single life sorta sucks in some way cause for me i dont get to share or do stuff i normaly did wen i was with her (not sex!!!) and like it just gets into me that im alone

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
Being single really isn't that bad.
I'd rather be single than be flung into relationships that don't work.

Sometimes you just have to wait, and patience is a virtue.

SamTan*06*

All alone in a memory! I was beautiful theeeen....
HSC
I try not to think about it. Yea, ok sure; it sux. But try and stay posititve. Be all like 'sure, I dont have anyone now, but some one will come along' And occupy ur time better; listen to music; cook; read; watch a movie; hang out with the frineds that dont have someone, and if all ur friends hav someone, make a friend who doesn't!!

nwatts

HSC
to be honest i hated being single. a lot of my friends were couples, and the ones who weren't pretty much desparately wanted to be in one, so it was hard to escape. it was a bit of jealousy and it was a bit of an ego thing, i think. i didn't cop how blokes who were utter cunts in every negative aspect of the word could attract whoever they want.

i'm good now though. :)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
SamTan*06* said:
I try not to think about it. Yea, ok sure; it sux. But try and stay posititve. Be all like 'sure, I dont have anyone now, but some one will come along' And occupy ur time better; listen to music; cook; read; watch a movie; hang out with the frineds that dont have someone, and if all ur friends hav someone, make a friend who doesn't!!
Its easy for you to say.

nick: ofcourse its an ego thing. Being single is like saying you arent good enough, or that those other guys are better than you. Jelousy? yeah i admit ive felt that before like when you see the most awesome girl and she is with a total wanker... or even worse, he is an awesome guy who is better than you in every way.

For me its kind of a choice though, i feel like i have had to sort out things in my own life and decide who i am before i drag someone else into my life. For the most part ive done this, i think i have uncovered my real personality and in many respects i have become much more confident.
Next step is changing myself in a few minor ways like getting fit[ ive lost so much muscle tone since i got sick in january, iam basically skin and bone and i cant lift much weight at all], after that i will be happy to try and start picking up again[ not that it hasnt been happening, i just havent been trying so it doesnt happen as much as i would like and the girls arent relationship material]

All the advice from the girls like 'patience is a virtue' if you are a guy dont listen to this, you have to take life by the balls and get out there, look for what you want and take it.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I have to admit that I'd rather not be single, and the reason is probably somewhat shallow in the idea that I'm simply very curious to experience that kind of intimacy with someone. It is also partly wounded pride, simply because I haven't really met anyone before that found me attractive (girls don't count), and the idea of being liked is something I'd like to experience.

That said, it isn't like everything revolves around the desire for a relationship as I'm fairly happy on my own.

Last edited:

nwatts

HSC
Serius said:
nick: ofcourse its an ego thing. Being single is like saying you arent good enough, or that those other guys are better than you. Jelousy? yeah i admit ive felt that before like when you see the most awesome girl and she is with a total wanker... or even worse, he is an awesome guy who is better than you in every way.

For me its kind of a choice though, i feel like i have had to sort out things in my own life and decide who i am before i drag someone else into my life. For the most part ive done this, i think i have uncovered my real personality and in many respects i have become much more confident.
Next step is changing myself in a few minor ways like getting fit[ ive lost so much muscle tone since i got sick in january, iam basically skin and bone and i cant lift much weight at all], after that i will be happy to try and start picking up again[ not that it hasnt been happening, i just havent been trying so it doesnt happen as much as i would like and the girls arent relationship material]

All the advice from the girls like 'patience is a virtue' if you are a guy dont listen to this, you have to take life by the balls and get out there, look for what you want and take it.
yeeah i'm not sure i agree so much on the last part. when i met the lauren it wasn't a potential target kind of thing, i just got to know her as an awesome new mate and all of a sudden something happened, went from there. i don't think going out searching and taking is the way to go. the experiences with people i know means they land girls that they aren't all together keen on- but like the idea of a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship, so they run with it.

patience fucking sucks in every way imaginable, but i think to an extent you've got to bear it. in my mind i prefer to agonise for a while and find someone i'm really into rather than grab whatever i can get haha.

nwatts

HSC
agentprovocater said:
I'll just take up new interests. Cooking apparently scores brownie points with a potential partnere ;)
haha i used to think so till i was shot down for being enthusiastic about salad dressings :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)