Hatshepsut (1 Viewer)

tina_goes_doo

Pharmer in Training
HSC
There there ducky... I thought the teacher brainwashed you enough so that you would just absolutely LURVE Hattiesoup (sic).

And nothing wrong with Amun. Actually i propose we get rid of all gods and replace them with a sun complete with the smiley face and sunnies! Oh, already been done before? Hmm....maybe Akenhaten wasn't so screwed in the brain after all...

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
Come on! Im all for womens power and all, but seriously, who cares bout her. There were:
(a) much more important personalities in her time period (Yeah, i realise the Hyksos aren't really a personality, but come on!)
(b) Much better Female Pharaohs
(c) No actual evidence to say that she existed (im one of those see it to believe it people) - its just hypothesis all the way

And Tina!!! There is nooooo way teacher lady is gonna brainwash me into liking this chick...I would soooo much prefer to do akenhaten, go religion andthe sun

mmmmm..........sun.................

brunette

HSC
hatshepsut its really an interesting topic but it so easy!!!
everything is connected and just repeated pretty much so dont complain!! at lest it'll be easier to answer questions on her when we get in the exam :)

in a drag club full of glitter...no, seriously!
angelduck, maybe u just dont have a good teacher...mine hates hatshepsut, but i lurve her. she did so many great things - i especially luv the beard and kilt stuff - shes so brave, making herself look like a man on her statues - face every1 4 all of eternity criticising her. i cant help myself - i luv all fashion innovators - prada's my fav designer: and they released this darling new metrosexual line - i adore it...not that that has anything to do with hatshepsut really.

and tina...what do u mean, that's been done be4? Anyway, Akhenaten is also a worthy personality 2 study - though im confused by a person in my class who said they'd read an article in some ancient egyptian magazine that suggested akhenaten was actually a woman - does any1 know anything about this?!?

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
angie!!! how could u say u h8e hatty-soup! *drones...completely brainwashed* WE ALL LOVE HATSHEPSUT. she is our queen. let us all worship her. remember, she must be fabulous coz callender luvs her and callender IS egypt. nobody's else opinion matters - all bow down to the great hatshepsut and callender. im shocked u could eva say such a thing! *laughs* im sure the harpy queen will be happy to hear all about this...

angelduck

HSC
Queen? Where???
(Harpy queen refers to our teacher.....)
NOTE:: our teacher is..well....good....at times..........

Alfalfa, firstly, Tina said nothing about akhenhaten being an unworthy study.

Secondly, KMT journals suggest he was a she

Thirdly, (And argumentatively): I believe H. was a crap personality compared to Akhenaten because (and please note i havnt studies him):
1) He changed the religious order by bringing god of previously limited power to that of Re

2) If he was a chick, he (unlike H.) had the power to assert himself as such

3) If hee was a he, he had the power to assert himself as a female and have society accept this

Therefore he is much betta then H.

and fourthly, what is their to like about H??
What did she do that was so important other than the simple fact that she was is woman. There have been other females of power (yet, not Pharaohs), who have done much more for their society than H. It can be argued in fact, that the imperialistic status Egypt had before H. was rotting away under her reign and this is why Thut III portrayed himself so aggressively militarisic in the beginning of his reign.

tina_goes_doo

Pharmer in Training
HSC
Hey, the only reason i like her is because Harpy Queen calls her Hattie-soup. Mmm.....soup.....

Originally posted by angelduck
Come on! Im all for womens power and all, but seriously, who cares bout her. There were:
(a) much more important personalities in her time period (Yeah, i realise the Hyksos aren't really a personality, but come on!)
(b) Much better Female Pharaohs
(c) No actual evidence to say that she existed (im one of those see it to believe it people) - its just hypothesis all the way

And Tina!!! There is nooooo way teacher lady is gonna brainwash me into liking this chick...I would soooo much prefer to do akenhaten, go religion andthe sun

mmmmm..........sun.................
well, angelduck, we do seem 2 be contradicting ourselves a bit here dont we? firstly, the existence of other notable pharaohs in this time period is a negliable argument - the issue is whether SHE is worthy of study - and, considering that she was the first woman to hold the pharaohs position, id say yes, she IS a good personality to study. secondly, ur correct that the Hyksos r not a personality...but u do also realise that they aren't in the early new kingdom time period dont u!?! *slightly worried* The Hyksos invade Egypt in the 17th dynasty, not the 18th. Thirdly, there are no better female pharaohs from this time period, that is what makes Hatshepsut unique - there aren't any others! so who were u thinking wouod be a better female pharaoh study? Fourthly, there is plenty of evidence to say that she existed. If u r, as u claim, a 'see it to believe it' person, then why on earth did u choose to study ancient history??? i should think u'd have the problem of beliveing nothing that u study in ancient as u clearly have seen none of it. I pity u if ur doing Minoans (thank goodness we talked our teacher out of doing that fluff subject - honestly, how could u get a whole unit out of Minoans? 2 weeks maybe, but that'd be pushing it!)

Tina darling...why on earth do u call ur teacher the harpy queen?

Originally posted by angelduck
Alfalfa, firstly, Tina said nothing about akhenhaten being an unworthy study.

Secondly, KMT journals suggest he was a she

angelduck, if ur going 2 argue with me (and i dont think its a good idea personally), at least have the courtesy to read my posts properly. nowhere did i say that tina said anything about Akhenaten. i was merely commenting on my own personal opinion. u'll notice that the two subjects (tian and ahkenaten) are in completely separate sentences.

on another note, from memory, are KMT journals imported? if so, i think ive read some/got some somewhere - i seem to recall, however, that the only substantiative mention of akhenaten as possibly a woman was only a letter to the editor, not an article. I seem to recall it was just a reader saying that this was their interpretation of why the statues may have looked that way. however, i dont study ahkenaten either, so i could very well be wrong about this.

tina_goes_doo

Pharmer in Training
HSC
Ouch ducky! You got burnt!!

Alfalfa, she's called Harpy Queen because she needs her daily fix of young virgin blood before she can function. In other words, she's an evil skwarking avarian creaturewho has a fetish for Gae Callender and is not afraid to show it. Same can be said for her love of Hattie-soup...

angelduck

HSC
Lol Tina, Alfalfa, im sorry i didnt read your post properly, really i am

::clears throat for rebutle::

(1)I dont believe that the fact that shes a woman makes her a reasonable study, i mean, we have had the feminist movement, haven't we???? I mean, seroiously

(2) I realise the Hyksos arent specifically in our time period, but they were the instigators of the 18th dynasty. If it wasnt for them, this dynasty wouldnt have been any where near as good as it was.

(3) Yes, Minoans were basic, but still interesting, and i feel more study worthy than H. They were so superior to other countries, they had drains, sewrage, 3 storey buildings, toliets, running water. come on!!!

angelduck

HSC
(4) Okay, so im a seeing is believeing person, this dont mean i dont enjoy/arent good at ancient. I only need proof when i believe their is considerable doubt or when i have a much better theory than the historians.
I shall demostrate:
- Hatshepsut was really a man. This theory has alot to do with the recently famed Miriam. Hatshepsut believed she was a woman born in a mans body. Of course, back then they could not inject her with female hormones nor use plastic surgery to change her appearence (yes, i realise that there is evidence for plastic surgery in ancient Egypt, but do you really think they were capable of this??).
Evidence (next post)

angelduck

HSC
This theory has alot to do with the recently famed Miriam, but the opposite. H. believed she was a man born in a womans body. Of course, back then they could not inject her with male hormones nor use plastic surgery to change her appearence (yes, i realise that there is evidence for plastic surgery in ancient Egypt, but do you really think they were capable of this??).
Evidence (next post)

angelduck

HSC
Okay:
- Her changing apperance from female-male.
As H. became more powerful, she realised that she could project herself as a powerful figure, in the sex that she wished.
- Changin pronouns in inscriptions
Ditto from above
- Her daughter dying at an early age
Maybe she realised that if she was projecting herself as a man, she could not possibly have given birth to a daughter (As in, physically given birth)

And dont tell me i cant do this. I have more evidence, but cant be bothered with it right now. Historians have speculated from much less evidence than this, such as Senenmut & Hatshepsut being lovers (origionally based on one piece of graffitti)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)